Hello Everyone

flyguyj1

Hi There all,

My first post ,and thanks for some interesting reads in the other posts.....

I am British, resident in Hong Kong for the last 4 years, and looking to make a move. I have been to Thailand several times, am in love with Asia (have spent a total of 6 years in HK with my previous travel)...Now I know HK is a city like no other in Asia, in that it (despite being a fantastic place) is very British (I live on the Island, in Mid-Levels and hate going to Kowloon!) - so I am sure I am in for an eye-opener for the first little while moving to Thailand.

Being a lazy bastid, but also being in the restaurant business with most of my skills back of house, how easy would it be to get a visa that allowed me to work part time to pay my way a little (and fill some time). I am toying with the idea of doing the ED visa and learning the language at the same time, but it sure leaves a lot of extra time to mooch about ........

Any thought?

Thanks, I know it was a mission to get mine done here in HK, I suppose it will be no different there....Here it is about dotting the t's and crossing the i's, and a "sponsor" company is needed to do the paperwork. Anyone have a direction to point me in...PS not a hotel, bloody hate them, prefer independent, funky restaurants.....

Hi friends !

I think you try to contact with any person that is local citizen of HK because to get VISA of any country is very difficult and might have good knowledge about all of that process. so you should try to contact any local and informative citizen of HK.

Harry, he is living in Hong Kong, and is looking to move to Thaialnd, hence why he is asking on a Thai forum.

Hi friends !

I think you try to contact with any person that is local citizen of HK because to get VISA of any country is very difficult and might have good knowledge about all of that process. so you should try to contact any local and informative citizen of HK.

Harry, he is living in Hong Kong, and is looking to move to Thaialnd, hence why he is asking on a Thai forum.

You leave Harry alone, if he wants to help, then go Harry go ( even if he is completely wrong )... :o

Hi There all,

My first post ,and thanks for some interesting reads in the other posts.....

I am British, resident in Hong Kong for the last 4 years, and looking to make a move. I have been to Thailand several times, am in love with Asia (have spent a total of 6 years in HK with my previous travel)...Now I know HK is a city like no other in Asia, in that it (despite being a fantastic place) is very British (I live on the Island, in Mid-Levels and hate going to Kowloon!) - so I am sure I am in for an eye-opener for the first little while moving to Thailand.

Being a lazy bastid, but also being in the restaurant business with most of my skills back of house, how easy would it be to get a visa that allowed me to work part time to pay my way a little (and fill some time). I am toying with the idea of doing the ED visa and learning the language at the same time, but it sure leaves a lot of extra time to mooch about ........

Any thought?

:D:D Come on down friend there are a lot of LAZY Bastards here(I am one of them) that love to hang out at the restaurant/beer bar :D:wai: You will love it here. :D:o

Edited by BigSnake

Thanks for the welcome :-)

Actually, I am not that lazy...working in a kitchen doesnt allow for that much.....I am now exploring the idea of opening up something small (NOT A BAR), probably food related. I know my way around HK legislation, I have opened a few here, no doubt it will different...again, I suppose, it will come down to contacts......any members here in the F & B business?

There is a lady called " Mrs WONG" who works in the Thai Consulate in Hong Kong. A very helpful, knowledgeable lady who would be well worth talking to about visa and all Thai legalities in general, before you take the plunge.