New Honda Air Blade Max. Horse Power

prepress

Hello!

I am planning to buy a new Air Blade. Can someone tell me the max. horse power + kw @ rmp.

I want to compare it with other models.

I could not find this info in the brochure.

I called Honda. A technical told me he can not give me this info in Thailand?

Helmut

Hi,

If you do a thai-visa search, put in the words "New Honda Airblade Model" you will see that there was a post about 6 weeks ago or so where people from here were talking about the new 2009 airblade.

It apparently has 11hp, i doubt very much that you will be able to find a chart outlining the power range thru the revs. Have a look at the other post, see if that helps. :o

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Honda-Airbla...el-t193169.html POST # 20

Now...the old Nouvo had 8.9 horsepower. The new water cooled 135 cc. models have about 11 horsepower. If it has a comparable fuel injection setup that the new Airblade has a 15 % increase in power is 12.65 horsepower,

I suggest that you rent one for one day and then rent a Nuevo and whatever other automatic bike that you are interested in.

It is a cheap investment to spend a few hundred baht on a test drive and will give you a good feel of your soon-to-be purchase.

A friend of mine has 42 rental bikes, and he babies them to no ends. He prefers the Nuevo to the Airblade and so do his customers. He has about 22 Nuevos and only one Airblade. The rest are 125 Waves, Wave 125i, 2 Clicks, 2 Steps.

I do not know if you are into speed, but the Nuevo now has a 135cc model and it really moves.

It would be worthwhile to compare the design of the storage compartment on the bikes that you are looking at as well.

AND HERE IS THIS

Honda Air Blade -liquide- King of Cool

Sunday, September 23 2007 @ 01:51 PM ICT

MOTORCYCLE THAILAND SITE

Contributed by: news

The Honda Air Blade is the latest addition to the fleet of Honda motor bikes available in Thailand at the moment. The Honda Air Blade designed by Kaoru Hayashi and his team is one of the sleekest of the scooter style motor bikes available on the market.

The Honda Air Blade with its sharp wide beam twin headlights has numerous features that make it one of the best value and most reliable motor bike, the Honda Air Blade is a strong competitor on a highly competitive motorcycle market.

The Honda Air Blade's 110cc four-stroke engine with built-in liquid cooling is compact but packs more horsepower than a standard 125cc air-cooled automatic motorcycle engine. Ride comfortably, confidently and smoothly at all speeds with the efficient new V-Matic belt-drive transmission that uses a long-lasting reinforced steel belt.

One of the newest safety futures is the installed Combi-Brake technology distributes braking power between the front and rear wheels when only the left brake lever is activated. The motorcycle comes to a stop within a shorter distance with both wheels handling the braking. Additional, the Honda Air Blade is equipped with a Parking Brake system which works in the same way as a car's hand brake.

The engine is actual a 4-stroke SOHC 108cc cylinder with a compression ratio of 11:1 with a 50mm bore and a 55mm stroke and a CDI ignition.

The 103 kilogram Honda Air Blade comes in two versions, the NC110AC and the NC110AS. The main difference between the two is that one comes with aluminum-magnesium alloy wheels an the other with spoked wheels. The rear suspension uses a single swingarm with two shock absorbers which contributing nicely to the motorcycle handling and braking, the Honda Air Blade is all about driving pleasure. The front suspension is what we find with most motorcycles, a telescopic fork with not much to tell about, other that we cannot complain about the road handling of this latest Honda motorcycle.

The tail light is made up from high power LED lights, which are clearly seen from far away. The new positions of the fuel tank, which makes it easier to fill the motorcycle, but it needs some getting used to. I'm sure you will see many first time Honda Air Blade drivers opening the seat. The new position of the gasoline tank also gives more space for personal belongings under the seat.

The new 2009 Honda Air Blade i with PGM-FI

Sunday, November 09 2008 @ 06:07 PM ICT

MOTORCYCLE THAILAND SITE

Contributed by: news

The latest Honda motorcycle in the Thai domestic line up to get the PGM-FI (fuel Injection) upgrade is the Honda Air Blade. At first glance, the new and stylish Honda Air Blade i looks to be no much different than his none fuel injection brother in the range. This doesn't change when you site on the bike as the lightweight and compact dimensions give little indication of the true engine capability.

But twist the throttle, and rocket off you go, pin the throttle back and it soon becomes apparent which machine you actually on. The Honda Air Blade PGM-FI really does lift its skirt and get a move on.

The 108cc liquid-cooled SOHC single-cylinder four-stroke engine, equipped with the latest on fuel injection and electronic ingestion and fuel control systems making the ride both fun and very rapid. The engine is both torquey and revvy, making the most of any available acceleration.

With its well designed and proven frame design, well-controlled suspension and perfect balanced rubber, the chassis is tight and accurate through bends. With Honda's Combi-brake technology, the stopping department not only matches this fine handling, it surpasses it.

On the fuel consumption, the Honda Air Blade i with PGM-FI uses about 15% LESS fuel then it the Honda Air Blade equipped with regular carburetor. The Honda Air blade i with PGM-FI is not only better in fuel economics, the performance is so much better, and during this all producing 80% less dangerous exhaust emissions. Honda claims that you would save per year, being a average rider, more then 1,500 Baht per year. Also Honda claims that the new improved Air Blade i engine need less service per year.

The new for 2009 Honda Air Blade i with PGM-FI (fuel injection) system comes in the color combinations; model NC110AM has "White-Red Deluxe" and "Black-Silver", and model NC110AP has the colors "Precious Golden Brown" and "Rubilize Red". The main difference between the Honda Air Blade NC110AM and NC110AP is that the NC110AM has spoke wired wheels and the NC110AP has light weight aluminum alloy wheels.

http://www.thaipr.net/nc/readnews.aspx?new...nJha2UgbGluZQ==

Honda Announces Honda Air Blade, the smart No. 1 A.T. motorcycle

วันที่ 28 มิถุนายน 2549 10:40 น.

พิมพ์ | อีเมล์

ที่มา

Aziam Burson-Marsteller

A.P. Honda, Thailand’s motorcycle market leader, today set a new standard for sport-style A.T. motorcycles, by launching the Honda Air Blade A.T. motorcycle under the “No. 1 …Cool” concept. Honda Air Blade represents an unprecedented lift to a superior lifestyle for motorcyclists with Built in liquid cooled engine technology and superior utility, including a new positioned fuel tank, the innovative Max U-Box large utility box and a Multi Function Key Shutter that operates like a car’s. The new model is expected to hit the hearts of smart men with sales of 70,000 units this year.

The launch of the Honda Air Blade A.T. motorcycle was led by Mr. Zenjiro Sakurai, President, A.P. Honda Co.,

Ltd. at Thai Honda Manufacturing, Ladkrabang Industrial Estate. The launch was followed with a visit to Honda’s production line to promote the company’s high-quality production capacity, which allows Honda to export its products to 20 countries while ensuring consistent product quality.

Honda Air Blade - No. 1 …Cool A.T. motorcycle is driven by a V-Matic belt. The Honda Air Blade aims to move “Beyond Sport Utility” by being the perfect sporty A.T. motorcycle to fit the lifestyle of smart men. The motorcycle has been developed, designed and tested at the Honda R&D Center in Thailand by Thai designers, who better understand the needs of Thai users than anyone. Thai Honda Manufacturing produces the Honda Air Blade with its high quality control standards to ensure unsurpassed quality.

Honda Air Blade - No. 1 …Cool, is packed with superior design, technology and accessories.

Inspired by a fighter jet, Honda Air Blade was created under the Bio Mechanic Design concept of swift and sleek design with smart and sharp bodylines. This helps combine the rider’s spirit with the Honda Air Blade’s body. The Honda Air Blade features flexible frame lines and features a front concave console to fit the rider’s physical attributes and offer unique stability for a smooth ride with total control.

Honda Air Blade - No. 1 …Cool, uses 110 cc four-stroke built-in liquid cooled engine technology. Honda Air Blade’s built-in liquid cooled engine is compact but packs more horsepower than an air-cooled automatic motorcycle engine. With a small twist of the throttle, the motorcycle leaps ahead, providing unprecedented performance in all riding conditions. Ride smoothly with the efficient new V-Matic belt-drive transmission that uses a long-lasting reinforced steel belt and is more durable. Combi Brake technology distributes braking power between the front and rear wheels when only the left brake lever is activated. The motorcycle comes to a stop within a shorter distance with both wheels handling the brake.

For superior utility accessories, Honda Air Blade comes with a newly positioned fuel tank that allows riders to refuel without opening the seat cushion. The fuel tank door blends smoothly with the body surface, just like on a car. Its Max U-Box offers an under-seat storage box with room for more than a helmet. It can store a badminton racquet, for example. Honda Air Blade is suitable for men who love sports, music and smart activities. Its superior Multi Function Key Shutter provides double layers of safety and offers greater convenience by integrating the switches to open the seat cushion and fuel tank in same location.

Additionally, Honda Air Blade is No. 1 …Cool with superior design, including Sharply Wide Beam Headlights, a Sharply LED Tail Light, a Bright Blue Meter with large winker turn signals, a Body Protector, with an attractive black, fin-shaped design to prevent direct bumps to the body, an aero-sharp Swing Arm and Twin Shock Absorber System, which work together to offer the best support for all road conditions. The new Honda Air Blade comes with a large Disc Brake and dual calipers so riders can be confident of their stopping power in any situation.

Since the A.T. motorcycle are as easy to ride as pushing the handle, Honda has installed safety accessories, including a Side Stand Switch that causes the engine to shut down as soon as the side stand is lowered. The engine will restart only when the side stand is raised. This prevents hazards caused by forgetting to pull up the side stand before starting the bike. Moreover, the Parking Brake system works in the same way as a car’s hand brake. The brake prevents the motorcycle from moving even when parked on a slope.

Honda Air Blade is available in two stylish models:

- A front aluminium mag wheel model, which incorporates a front disc brake and Combi Brake system. This model is available in two colors – Total Black and Sport White – and is priced starting at 56,000 baht

- A spoked wheel model, which incorporates a front disc brake and is available in three two-tone colors including black & gray, white & black and dark blue & gray. This model is priced starting at 51,500 baht

Both models will be sold from 4 July onwards.

For futher information please contact:

Jutamart Inpringkanant Satida Sritunyatorn or Wittawat Eakusdron Sales Promotion Division A.P. Honda

Aziam Burson-Marsteller

Tel. 0 2757-6111 ext 2518 or 0 5900 9683 Tel. 0 2252 9871

Hope this is helpful

Thanks everyone for the fast reply.

12.65 hp what I was looking for. :o

eljeque, you suggest to rent one for one day and then rent a Nuevo.

Thats what I would like to do. Where is your friends rental bike shop located? Hope not further than Pattaya. I live in Bkk. :D

Helmut

I will be more careful about copying....I was more worried about breaking the Thaivisa rules. :-)

My friend has all 42 bikes out now, and he will stay that way until early March.

Always look to see if a new model (cc , fi, etc.) is on its way in order not to miss out on any changes.

My friend tends to buy bikes 3 months to 1 year old, and pays anywhere from 60% - 75% of new price for them. I am sure that Pattaya is very different from Bangkok, and that the economics which lead to 3 month old bikes magically re-appearing at the shops may not exist there, but it might as well.

If a new Airblade is 55,000, you would be able to pay about 42,000 for one five or six months old. My friend just bought a two-month old, name not yet changed, 135cc Nuevo Elegance for 37,000. He does this all the time.

It is good to see that these companies are starting to liquid cool the bikes, as we will get more power out of them.

Good luck

My two cents here is do not buy the airblade without testing it first...

I bought mine when I thought it could do 100KMPH easily... It did not do that... With my frind on the back it went quick up to 80 and slowly from there, it needed some time to get up to 100...

Alone was just the same as with two so it is not the power, they have tuned it that way...

I am not happy with it..

I did have a Mio and that was a lot faster than the airblade, I miss that bike...

I did have a honda wave 100cc with a kickstart, alot faster than my airblade...

My mate has a Nouvo, much faster but not as smooth as the airblade...

I want to sell my airblade, it is white and has gone 10000KM, just not sure how much I should charge, no I am not in BKK...

Test the bikes that you like and buy the one that fits your purpose...

I doubt you will go faster than 100 in Bangkok... but if you drive from BKK to Pattaya, well 100 would be nice...

I not want to be negative, but 12.65 horses with a 135cc Yamaha Nouvo Elegance. Then Honda is probably lying about the power of the Honda Wave 100, which I rode yesterday, it was remarkable easy to keep up with Yamaha Nouvo's MX or Elegance...

My two cents here is do not buy the airblade without testing it first...

I bought mine when I thought it could do 100KMPH easily... It did not do that... With my frind on the back it went quick up to 80 and slowly from there, it needed some time to get up to 100...

Alone was just the same as with two so it is not the power, they have tuned it that way...

I am not happy with it..

I did have a Mio and that was a lot faster than the airblade, I miss that bike...

I did have a honda wave 100cc with a kickstart, alot faster than my airblade...

My mate has a Nouvo, much faster but not as smooth as the airblade...

I want to sell my airblade, it is white and has gone 10000KM, just not sure how much I should charge, no I am not in BKK...

Test the bikes that you like and buy the one that fits your purpose...

I doubt you will go faster than 100 in Bangkok... but if you drive from BKK to Pattaya, well 100 would be nice...

WOW Snowflake....that would be an aweful way to travel between Bkk & Pattaya, I don't mind riding bikes a fair distance but a ride like that, that far errr no thanks. For a while there I was making half a dozen trips out of Bkk, to an area about 70km's away & it was horrible - especially along the sides of the aweful hwy's. I was glad my bike could easily do 140, just to pull ahead slightly from the weaving groups of maniacts that seem to travel together. If ur bike was restricted to speeds of less than 100, you would be constantly slowing to allow these groups to pass, it would take forever.

I think those bikes are great for zooming around, low speed work, heavy traffic & that type of thing, but they are definately no hwy cruiser.

I don't suppose for 1 minute it has occurred to any of you to get a real bike ? with real horse power ?

Just a thought ! :D

As the saying goes

" There's no replacement for displacement " :o

Edited by H2oDunc

Trust me H2oDunc, we live in a strange place... And I can ensure you that I'm faster at BigC, on a little scooter then I can get one of our other bikes out of the garage...

Second, I would look pretty stupid with my BigC shopping bags on one of the other bikes...

Yeah I can't imagine Dad, Mum, 3 children, 2 chooks, a bale of hay and a dozen shopping bags being carried on a GSXR1000! But I have certainly see some funny loads on those autos.....did i mention you can drink a stubbie & chat on the mobile whilst carrying these loads....now try that on ur sports bike!

Snowflake,

I know some owners of automatics who tell me the same thing, that the autos have great low end acceleration... all the way up to "highway speeds", but then they neither run well at high speed--rpms are too high, and do not top out high enough.

I have a 14 year old Hoda Dream 100 which I changed the front sprocket from 14 to 16 teeth, bored out the motor to 125cc, and changed the exhaust to a "free-flow" or "tuned" model--I am not sure. For an old bike, it sails along the highway up to 95km/hr.

I also have a 2 year old Wave 125i which is still stock. I have never driven it over 95km/hr. It is quite smooth and comfortable cruising at 90km/hr. Unlike some of the other more fun-filled posters, I am not a speed demon.

In time, I will finally make a little effort and get a tuned exhaust for the Wave 125i, and also maybe try changing the front sprocket up one more tooth to see if it is any smoother on the highway, but I might be running out of torque. Experimentation is cheap here.

Does anyone know if adjustments can be made to the transmissions of the automatics?

We shopped around for a new motorbike for my wife. After comparing a few we bought a new 135 Nuevo in black with tubeless tires. Great for the store

is has a nice size trunk under the seat.

Really fun to drive and 2 up seems like plenty of power.

post-10139-1231564025_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

dont know where you are.. But recently honda dealers were selling all thier stock to grey market Vietnamese dealers for export..

As they were getting lots more than Thai MSRP and could sell as many as they could source, they had no interest in selling locally.

• 10 months later...

I would highly recommend the Honda airblade, I have been riding one since I sold my Honda steed 3 years ago, the steed was too big, and too slow and wasen't nippy around the streets, just wasn't suitible for my young daughter and me, I had thought I would look stupid on a smaller scooter the size of me, I regretted selling the Steed at the time, but as soon as I purchased the Airblade I fell in love with the bike! Ok, It wasen't big, glam like the steed, but just amazing, built for the right purpose, an urbon scooter! The blade is a great compact little scooter 110cc, faster off the mark than any other scooter on the market, forget what people say about the Nouvo, these people are just stupid, they look at the 135cc sticker and in their mind they think speed, a better model, not nessercery, if you had a race the Nouvo would only just about overtake after the quarter of a mile, if you had stops, traffic lights etc, you would be ahead again, Iv'e tested all of the bikes and still would say thumbs up to the Airblade! I recentley just purchased another Airblade, the new Fi 2011 model that they brought back, I would say a little pricy at, 57,500 Baht, but after the reliability of the Airblade before, I had to get one again! The top end of this model though is only about 95-100kmph, but a tad faster of the mark than the older blade that would settle about 100-105kmph, but it's not just all about speed, it's the rideablity, a super scooter, quicker into the corners with it's smaller wheels, front tyre 90/80/14 rear tyre 90/90/14, just great for handling. My older blade I coulden't sell,coulden't give up, so it's my play bike now, just modded the engine, 150cc, race gears,clutch, race cdi unit, 11gram variator weights race carb,etc, it's painted up yellow ready for the spongebob squarepants theme...lol, 0-80 in 3 seconds top speed 120kmph! Now I have the edge when people say it looks good but it 's only a 110cc, then I brag....race yah! lol, no comments please, this was just done for fun! Anyway you get my vote for the Airblade!