Where To Buy Rat Traps?

on-on

Has anyone ever seen rat traps anywhere for sale? I've been looking around, but haven't had any success yet. Any help would be appreciated!

If you're not sure what they are, this is what they look like:

http://rat-hunter.com/stories/2006/paul-1-...or-rat-trap.jpg

EDIT: And, yes, I used the search feature first. Nothing specific.

Edited by on-on

Never seen these in LOS but you can find efficient ones (disks with glue on them)in Carrefour or Lotus or big c

Put some cashnuts on the center of the disk.

Works perfect for me

Hope this helps

What do you do once they are stuck on the glue?

The rat glue trap Seems very bit cruel to me. Have used one once before. Not nice. Once the rat has been trapped/stuck then the only real option is to drop the tray, rat attached, in a bucket of water to drown it so it doesn't have to suffer any longer than need be. Also you end up trapping lizards, which was not my original intention.

This topic has been discussed in detail on another thread, but same as the OP, the search facility doesn't seem to work for me - I guess new posts are better than old!

What do you do once they are stuck on the glue?

The rat glue trap Seems very bit cruel to me. Have used one once before. Not nice. Once the rat has been trapped/stuck then the only real option is to drop the tray, rat attached, in a bucket of water to drown it so it doesn't have to suffer any longer than need be. Also you end up trapping lizards, which was not my original intention.

This topic has been discussed in detail on another thread, but same as the OP, the search facility doesn't seem to work for me - I guess new posts are better than old!

I found that thread, it didn't make any mention of where to find the spring-loaded traps. As I said, nothing specific. As well, it's thrilling that you have moral views about rat traps, but I really don't care. I just want to know where to find them.

djinn, thanks for the tip - these are my second choice if I can't find the Wile E. Coyote style traps I'm looking for.

EDIT: I should have been more specific in my OP. Where to buy in central Bangkok, if possible.

Edited by on-on

The rat glue trap Seems very bit cruel to me. Have used one once before. Not nice. Once the rat has been trapped/stuck then the only real option is to drop the tray, rat attached, in a bucket of water to drown it so it doesn't have to suffer any longer than need be.

that's exactly what i have always done. i think drowning is probably the most humane approach.

Has anyone ever seen rat traps anywhere for sale? I've been looking around, but haven't had any success yet. Any help would be appreciated!

i buy this trap, they are metal, pretty heavy duty ! i get them in a shop selling plastic / hardware !

If you want me to take a pic of it and post it ! ask

i use sometime glue ( but that cruel ), they clever rats here ! with big IQ

they do not like cheese, prefer porc or shrimp, once one got the porc but did not set the trap, after tied the porc with dental froth i got it.

i buy this trap, they are metal, pretty heavy duty ! i get them in a shop selling plastic / hardware !

If you want me to take a pic of it and post it ! ask

i use sometime glue ( but that cruel ), they clever rats here ! with big IQ

they do not like cheese, prefer porc or shrimp, once one got the porc but did not set the trap, after tied the porc with dental froth i got it.

:o

Why not use the cage trap as Thai's use for catching edible rats?

When you catch a rat all you have to do is drop the cage into a container of water.

Bye bye Mr Rat.

:o:D:D

The glue traps are very cruel... INTENTIONALLY! There's nothing a rat likes to eat more than another rat so, you get one rat, it gets stuck and starts screaming and that attracts more rats. They come to eat their distress comrade and get stuck... It's horrible, I've never used one and never will. Something that delivers a swift death is bad enough, but I could live with it...

I'd also like to see something a bit bigger... say, soi-dog sized... :o

I found that thread, it didn't make any mention of where to find the spring-loaded traps. As I said, nothing specific. As well, it's thrilling that you have moral views about rat traps, but I really don't care. I just want to know where to find them.

That's just rude.

Go find your own rat trap.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Most hardware stores stock them

They are rectangular in shape with a door to close once the rat is inside.

I don't know the formal thai name, but "Gong jap noo" should get you going.

Most hardware stores stock them

They are rectangular in shape with a door to close once the rat is inside.

Yeah these are common for sale in the markets, when you catch the rat you just toss the cage on the fire, rat kin keow - aroy, rat moo baan -mea aroy, or something like that!

In Scotland they had a problem with rats on the farm when i was a lad, a few "methods" were used to try and get rid of them, but rats will move when they want to, a "flitting" they call it, they all just go! (when THEY want to!!)

A friend of mine thought it would be smart to catch one in the barn, cover it in petrol and set fire to it, idea being that the screams of the burning rat would drive others away, the burning rat went under his house and set fire to his house!!!!!!!! What goes around comes around!! I guess the Chinese worship them for some reason??? :o

That's just rude.

Go find your own rat trap.

I asked about where to buy rat traps. You decided to insert a moral dimension to the thread. It's my thread, not yours, and it's not about the morality of rat traps. It's quite rude of you to bring your moral debate into my shopping thread. No thanks for your lack of help.

To other people who replied with suggestions, I appreciate it. I may be able to try to glue variety, but the cage variety won't work for what I need them for. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep poking until I find a hardware store. Cheers!

EDIT: Also, the story about the burning rat is hilarious. I'll make sure not to set anything on fire.

Edited by on-on