What Do I Need?

I obtained an O-A, non-immigrant, retirement visa from the Thai Embassy in Washington,D.C. in November, 2007 and left Thailand for the states in September(29),2008. I went to the Immigration Office in Jomtien early in September, 2008 and paid 1,000 baht and my passport was stamped expires in July(9th),2009 because I had gone to the Phillipines in July(5th)2008 and returned to Thailand on July 9th,2008.

I expect to leave Thailand on September 29,2009. When do I have to renew my one-year visa and what do I need to bring to the Immigration Office?

I obtained an O-A, non-immigrant, retirement visa from the Thai Embassy in Washington,D.C. in November, 2007 and left Thailand for the states in September(29),2008. I went to the Immigration Office in Jomtien early in September, 2008 and paid 1,000 baht and my passport was stamped expires in July(9th),2009 because I had gone to the Phillipines in July(5th)2008 and returned to Thailand on July 9th,2008.

I expect to leave Thailand on September 29,2009. When do I have to renew my one-year visa and what do I need to bring to the Immigration Office?

I think I understand all that.

Was the O-A a Single or Multi Entry?

I am assuming it is single.

You cannot renew a Visa. It is finished.

You can apply for a 12 month extension of stay at Immigration.

You will need proof of 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank OR 65,000 Baht a month income. OR A combination of both.

For income you need a letter from the USA Embassy. For the bank money you need a letter from your bank.

The money in the bank has to be there 2 months before you apply.

Your Passport, Passport size photo, Up to date bank book showing the same balance as the bank letter, this form. 1,900 Baht fee.

Apply within the last 30 days of your current permision to stay. Which should be in June.

When you leave in September don't forget to get a Re Entry Permit 1,000 Baht or your extension will finish when you leave.

You will need to do your extension before July 9th. You can do it within 30 days before that date.

You will need proof of 65,000 baht income per month which is proved by a letter from your embassy/consulate.

Or have 800,000 baht in a Thai bank for 60 days prior to application. Letter from bank and bank book as proof.

Or a combination of income and money in the bank that total 800,000 baht.