davethailand

Any chance of having the schedule posted on here? :o

This is provisional schedule from organiser, Andy:

Thursday February 19:

22:00: Warm-Up Session @ Rockin’ Angels Pub, Phuket Town

Friday February 20:

17:00: Gates open – darts, other games, food and drinks

18:15: Official Opening – Welcome – Ricky Zen

18:30: George Cordeiro (USA) & Fang Jang Blues Gang (45 min.)

19:30: Sam Wilko Band (Phuket) (30 min.)

20:10: Corinne Gibbons (Australia) (20 min.)

20:45: The Groove Doctors (Phuket) (55 min.)

21:50: Rich Harper Blues Band (USA) (55 min.)

22:55: Jimmy Fame (USA) Tribute to Jimi Hendrix (30 min.)

24:00: Eric Bibb (USA) (60 min.)

Saturday February 21:

18:15: Welcome – Ricky Zen

18:30: Lil’ Willie & Ko (Samui) (45 min.)

19:30: KNIKI (Australia) (30 min.)

20:15: Bert Deivert & Janne Zander (Sweden) (30 min.)

21:00: The Blues Machine (Pattaya) (60 min.)

22:15: Cannonball (Bangkok) (60 min.)

23:55: Mitch Woods (USA) & Rocket 88s (65 min.)

Sunday February 22:

18:30: Festival Jam Session @ Royal Phuket Marina (120 min.)

22:00: End-of-Festival Jam Session @ Flamingo Splash

Lounge Music Club, Kata Night Bazaar (120 min.)

We plan to show part of this morning's press conference/interview & preview of performers at the Phuket International Blues Rock Festival this weekend on Andaman News NBT TV (VHF dial) + Radio Thailand FM90.5 at 8.30am & perhaps repeats on Phuket Cable TV channel 1 at 7pm & 1am, broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces & maybe Mazz Radio FM108 at 7pm in Phuket, Friday 20th February 2009 & http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/ & www.YouTube.com/AndamanNews

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ERIC BIBB played live in the studio, your right Dave this is going to be an awesome weekend.

We will repeat the Eric Bibb interview tonight and it should air about 9:30pm.

Tomorrow we have Rich Harper in the studio. Looking forward to it.

We will re run the Groove Doctors interview on Friday at 11am for an hour.

Schedule is on the website I believe, bit technically challenged for me to post it here.

Also congratulatiosn to our first two ticket winners Nata and Garry.

Thanks for listening

The Phuket FM Radio Team

Any chance of having the schedule posted on here? :o

This is provisional schedule from organiser, Andy:

Thursday February 19:

22:00: Warm-Up Session @ Rockin’ Angels Pub, Phuket Town

Friday February 20:

18:15: Official Opening – Welcome – Ricky Zen

18:30: George Cordeiro (USA) & Fang Jang Blues Gang (45 min.)

19:30: Sam Wilko Band (Phuket) (30 min.)

20:10: Corinne Gibbons (Australia) (20 min.)

20:45: The Groove Doctors (Phuket) (55 min.)

21:50: Rich Harper Blues Band (USA) (55 min.)

22:55: Jimmy Fame (USA) Tribute to Jimi Hendrix (30 min.)

24:00: Eric Bibb (USA) (60 min.)

Saturday February 21:

18:15: Welcome – Ricky Zen

18:30: Lil’ Willie & Ko (Samui) (45 min.)

19:30: KNIKI (Australia) (30 min.)

20:15: Bert Deivert & Janne Zander (Sweden) (30 min.)

21:00: The Blues Machine (Pattaya) (60 min.)

22:15: Cannonball (Bangkok) (60 min.)

23:55: Mitch Woods (USA) & Rocket 88s (65 min.)

Sunday February 22:

18:30: Festival Jam Session @ Royal Phuket Marina (120 min.)

22:00: End-of-Festival Jam Session @ Flamingo Splash

Lounge Music Club, Kata Night Bazaar (120 min.)

We plan to show part of this morning's press conference/interview & preview of performers at the Phuket International Blues Rock Festival this weekend on Andaman News NBT TV (VHF dial) + Radio Thailand FM90.5 at 8.30am & perhaps repeats on Phuket Cable TV channel 1 at 7pm & 1am, broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces & maybe Mazz Radio FM108 at 7pm in Phuket, Friday 20th February 2009 & http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/ & www.YouTube.com/AndamanNews

Thanks for that, its the same as the website one which shows nearly a gap between Cannonball and Mitch, I was a bit confused by it. :D

Edited by davethailand

VDO on http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/prev...php?news_id=972

We have part of an interesting press conference about the music industry & impromptu vocal jam of performers at the Phuket International Blues Rock Festival this weekend, featuring Eric Bibb, the headline American artist who appears at midnight tonight; Bert Deivert, an American artist, who appears with Janne Zander, at 8.15 on Saturday; plus Michael Chugg, from Australia, an International concert promoter; and Rich Harper, an American artist, who appears at 9.50 tonight and he speaks first about his role model or idol: .........

Festival at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, Karon; gates open 5pm, acts on stage until 1am Contact: www.PhuketBluesFestival.com

Andaman News NBT TV (VHF dial) + Radio Thailand FM90.5 at 8.30am & perhaps repeats on Phuket Cable TV channel 1 at 7pm & 1am, broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces & maybe Mazz Radio FM108 at 7pm in Phuket, Friday 20th February 2009 & http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/ & www.YouTube.com/AndamanNews Send comments to [email protected]

Hi all, great weather and no doubt tonight and tomorrow some great music.

Saturday from 12;00 noon to 3pm we are going to re run the interviews this week with The Groove Doctors, Eric Bibb and Rich Harper all on 91.5FM and online via our web site or on the links here at Thai Visa.

Have a great weekend.

The Phuket FM Radio Team.

HI

Boring, boring, and only Singha and Kingfisher beer, why not let people choose what to drink, Rum called bikini to 240B a bottle, and you pay 120 for a rum and coke, where is the real spirit, come on this can be done better, some body want my ticket for tonight.....

Good show, although the acoustical sets really subdued the crowd.  Too bad Rich Harper didn't play more electrical when the Jimi tribute was on stage.

Didn't go last night but it was the same in my place earlier in the week, although good a bit slow for the crowd although Rich did speed it up on the last few numbers and on the following night, I think he was practising the acoustic set. :o

HI

Boring, boring, and only Singha and Kingfisher beer, why not let people choose what to drink, Rum called bikini to 240B a bottle, and you pay 120 for a rum and coke, where is the real spirit, come on this can be done better, some body want my ticket for tonight.....

I know someone that would! :D

Tonight willl be alot better and faster as you have Cannonball, Blues Machine and Mitch Woods (you have to see his set, trust me).

I arrived yesterday but was knackered so i didn't go, will do tonight though.

:D

Edited by davethailand

HI

I wouldn't go so far as to say "boring" but definitely subdued sets until Bib's last couple of numbers.

HDRIDER-you've been here long enough to know that in situation's like that you bring your own booze. Would've been happy to share had I known who you were, wait a minute, weren't you the guy singing in Rich Harper's "Jimi Hendrix Band" (all kidding aside, where did they dig that guy up? I'm pretty sure I saw him in the crowd at a Dead Show in CA in the 80's.)

So, not boring, but just not as rocking as shows past. AND PLEASE, can we get rid of Ricki? When you're doing fart jokes you've hit rock bottom.

Missed last night so can only comment on Friday.

Thought Eric Bibb was excellent, a true bluesman and a fantastic acoustic guitarist. Stood near the stage to get a better atmosphere.

Didn't really like Rich Harper's acoustic set.

Jimmy Fame?? What was all that about. Must be the only Hendrix tribute act that can't play guitar, can't sing very well and doesn't make an effort to look like Jimi!

The Australian girl: hmmmm

Groove Doctors: very good, got some life into the place only for it to become subdued again with Rich Harper's set.

They need to rethink the acts and running order IMO. Maybe they shouldn't leave the main act until last as many people leave early.

Is Mitch Woods at the Flamingo tonight as he is the one act I really wanted to see last night?

I hope it continues into a fifth year as it is good to have some different music on the island. That is not an insult to local musicians by the way.

Anyone going to Job 2 Do at Ska Bar next Friday?

Thought Eric Bibb was excellent, a true bluesman and a fantastic acoustic guitarist. Stood near the stage to get a better atmosphere.

Jimmy Fame?? What was all that about. Must be the only Hendrix tribute act that can't play guitar, can't sing very well and doesn't make an effort to look like Jimi!

Groove Doctors: very good, got some life into the place only for it to become subdued again with Rich Harper's set.

They need to rethink the acts and running order IMO. Maybe they shouldn't leave the main act until last as many people leave early.

Is Mitch Woods at the Flamingo tonight as he is the one act I really wanted to see last night?

I hope it continues into a fifth year as it is good to have some different music on the island. That is not an insult to local musicians by the way.

HI

Your dam_n right about the groove doctors, i was awake when they was on, otherwise half asleep, not much blues i will say, did not go last night, even i had the blue ticket, my friends went, they lasted 3 hours, told me the Pattaya guys was the best they saw, so for next year i am not sure, not that i will not spend the money but i would like i little in return, i had 12 bikini rum and Pepsi and could not feel a dam_n thing, then i had some Kingfisher, well not the best beer and Singha i dont touch...

Mitch will be there, we are heading off to the Marina now also. :o

VDO - song by Eric Bibb at Phuket International Blues Rock Festival

http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/prev...php?news_id=978

Now we have a song from the Phuket International Blues Rock Festival held at the weekend, in the grounds of the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, Karon. Let’s enjoy some of the headline or main act by Eric Bibb from USA on Friday night: ………

Andaman News NBT (VHF dial) + Radio Thailand FM90.5 at 8.30am & perhaps repeats on Phuket Cable TV channel 1 at 7pm & 1am, broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces & maybe Mazz Radio FM108 at 7pm in Phuket, Monday 23rd February 2009 http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/ & www.YouTube.com/AndamanNews.com Comments to [email protected]

HI

Your dam_n right about the groove doctors, i was awake when they was on, otherwise half asleep, not much blues i will say, did not go last night, even i had the blue ticket, my friends went, they lasted 3 hours, told me the Pattaya guys was the best they saw, so for next year i am not sure, not that i will not spend the money but i would like i little in return, i had 12 bikini rum and Pepsi and could not feel a dam_n thing, then i had some Kingfisher, well not the best beer and Singha i dont touch...

You say "not much blues" after the Groove Doctors ?? The GD were followed by Rich Harper doing IMO a fabulous acoustic set, then backing up Jimmy Fame for the Hendrix thing (not the greatest tribute I've seen, I give you that), but the finale with Eric Bibb was nothing sort of spectacular! If you do not appreciate this as blues of the highest order you do not know the first thing about it.

HI

You say "not much blues" after the Groove Doctors ?? The GD were followed by Rich Harper doing IMO a fabulous acoustic set, then backing up Jimmy Fame for the Hendrix thing (not the greatest tribute I've seen, I give you that), but the finale with Eric Bibb was nothing sort of spectacular! If you do not appreciate this as blues of the highest order you do not know the first thing about it.

I am sorry, I misspelled above - it should of course read "nothing short of spectacular"

Ed

I think that is one of the problems, a lot of people (including myself too be honest to a certain extent) don't really know a lot about blues, it covers a wide range of music, I have to say from previous comments I've read and concerts I've seen I'd say there is definitely a difference of opinion regarding the concerts, as to who's right and who's wrong I'd say it comes down to personal taste.

I think that is one of the problems, a lot of people (including myself too be honest to a certain extent) don't really know a lot about blues, it covers a wide range of music, I have to say from previous comments I've read and concerts I've seen I'd say there is definitely a difference of opinion regarding the concerts, as to who's right and who's wrong I'd say it comes down to personal taste.

Same same here Dave: Not an expert about Blues or something but we had a great time at the RPM, went with a friend of mine and our wifes, everybody did enjoy it :o .

Will come with my friend to Pattaya to the factory to see and hear more:post-2733-1235559765_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1235559746_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1235559755_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1235559774_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1235559786_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1235559794_thumb.jpg

Gerd

Hi

Ok then i dont know much about blues, for me blues is something LIKE the groove doctors, not SLOW like Eric Bibb, that what i mean about blues, still for me and for my friends it was kind of boring.

Forgot to tell you that i did not like Rich Harper's music that much (to slow), only talking about his new album, it was a promotion tour from him.

Edited by HDRIDER

Same same here Dave: Not an expert about Blues or something but we had a great time at the RPM, went with a friend of mine and our wifes, everybody did enjoy it :o .

Will come with my friend to Pattaya to the factory to see and hear more:post-2733-1235559765_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1235559746_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1235559755_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1235559774_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1235559786_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1235559794_thumb.jpg

Gerd

We must have been standing very close too eachother. :D

Hi

Ok then i dont know much about blues, for me blues is something LIKE the groove doctors, not SLOW like Eric Bibb, that what i mean about blues, still for me and for my friends it was kind of boring.

Forgot to tell you that i did not like Rich Harper's music that much (to slow), only talking about his new album, it was a promotion tour from him.

I'm the same, I prefer the faster stuff. :D

I was lucky(and early) enough to catch a table in front of the Limoncello sitting together with:

post-2733-1235564338_thumb.jpg

very close to the stage.

Gerd

Was that the italian next to the stage?

Mitch Woods had a bit of a problem with the manager at another restaurant so he and Mary from The Blues Machine went and sat at the italian next to the stage (maybve the one you were at), the owner/ manager there ended up covering their food and drinks for them which was very good of him.

:o

Was that the italian next to the stage?

Mitch Woods had a bit of a problem with the manager at another restaurant so he and Mary from The Blues Machine went and sat at the italian next to the stage (maybve the one you were at), the owner/ manager there ended up covering their food and drinks for them which was very good of him.

:D

Yes Dave, the italian place next to the stage(Mary announced on the stage about his kindness).

A Blues Factory in the RPM would be great :o ......................think about it!!!

Gerd