Phuket Blues Festival

davethailand

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main festival is at the Hilton on the friday and saturday night and the jam session is in Kata somewhere on the sunday. :D

I heard that the Soi Dogs Blues Band is not playing this year. And they were the best band in the whole festival!

Correct they aren't playing this year, Cannonball is though who are also from BKK. :o

>>I was looking at their website and am considering the 3 day pass which includes the VIP tent and free beer and wine for 3000 Baht.

If it's good beer and decent wine then yes it's worth it.  If it's beer chang like last year, you can still get free beer as a regular paying customer if they do it like like year.  BTW thanks to the organizers for providing some free beer to ticket buyers, a nice gesture indeed.

I have a feeling the free beer last year was only down to the fact it was a dry weekend so they couldn't actually sell it. Therefore, come the Saturday night they had so much that they gave it away to all people (not just VIP's). However, it didn't last long.....even though it was Beer Chang!!

I think this year will be different but you never know!

Anyway, I will certainly be attending. Some great music for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

VDO - Interview with Andy Andersen, Director, Phuket International Blues Rock Festival 2009

http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/prev...php?news_id=934

We turn now to our interview with Andy Andersen, Director of the Phuket International Blues Rock Festival, to be held again at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, Karon, Friday-Saturday, February 20-21. Andy first mentions how many years he has been organizing this festival: …….

Tel. 086 6822639 [email protected]

Andaman News NBT TV (VHF dial) + Radio Thailand FM90.5 at 8.30am & perhaps repeats on Phuket Cable TV channel 1 at 7pm & 1am, broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces & maybe Mazz Radio FM108 at 7pm in Phuket, Thursday 29th January 2009 & http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/

& www.YouTube.com/AndamanNews.com

Send comments to [email protected]

I'm looking forward to this as it should be a good weekend and don't forget you can see 3 of the festivals acts in the Blues Factory in Pattaya the week before the festival, Mitch Woods on 16th & 17th and Rich Harper on the 18th & 19th along with The Blues Machine who of course will perform at the festival on saturday 21st where they will be playing twice, once as The Blues Machine and again as the back up band for Mitch Woods.

See you in Phuket.

:o

post-2733-1233345121_thumb.jpg

The Blues Machine from Bangkok? :o

Nice to see that they're on the poster . :D

I missed last year and will miss again this year, both from being offshore. Bugger.

I agree that it is a shame that The Soi Dogs won't be going - they are a great live act.

Oh, and 3000Baht for a 3 day pass with free piss - expensive????? you have got to be joking. A bargain!

LP

Hi all, just wanted to let you know with 2 weeks to go we at 91.5 FM will be fully promoting and supporting wherever we can this event.

We are running some text in competitions with various prizes starting this Monday, along with special guests in our studio including Andy himself starting on Monday the 16th at 2 PM.

We will post more information once finalised, looking forward to the 20th and 21st.

Phuket FM Radio Team

Hi All, sorry for the delay and updates but I can now confirm our interview has been booked with the event organiser Andy Anderson and International artist promoter Michael Chugg from Australia.

This will broadcast LIVE around 14:00 on Tuesday 17th on 91.5 FM and via the internet from our website.

Tomorrow (the 11th) we start our text competitions which include prizes such as signed cd's, tickets to Friday and tickets to Friday and Saturday.

Thanks for listening

The Phuket FM Radio Team

Edited by 915FM

I missed last year and will miss again this year, both from being offshore. Bugger.

I agree that it is a shame that The Soi Dogs won't be going - they are a great live act.

Oh, and 3000Baht for a 3 day pass with free piss - expensive????? you have got to be joking. A bargain!

LP

The word from the organisers is that due to severe lack of sponsorship money this year all band were offered less money than in the past. Many accepted and some are playing for free. The Soi Dogs declined. And by the way it is VIP 2 days for 3000 baht (the main event is 2 nights, not 3) but still a bargain!!

LP

The word from the organisers is that due to severe lack of sponsorship money this year all band were offered less money than in the past. Many accepted and some are playing for free. The Soi Dogs declined. And by the way it is VIP 2 days for 3000 baht (the main event is 2 nights, not 3) but still a bargain!!

Soi Dogs are apparently no more!

My band are playing and the conditions given and rate etc is OK considering the state of affairs at moment everywhere :D .

Hi all not long now....

I can confirm Tony “Chainsaw” Wilson and Rob Davies from The Groove Doctors will be performing live (with djt) and chatting about the band and their appearance in The Phuket Blues Festival on Wednesday afternoon (18th February) from 3pm on Tony’s Timewarp Show.

The Groove Doctors will also announce the first of the competition winners, tickets for Friday Night.

We will other guests on Thursday and Friday and I will update the forum when names are comfirmed.

Thanks for listening

The Phuket FM Radio Team

Afternoon all,

Not long now for the LIVE interview with the Groove Doctors, on air from 91.5 FM.

By the way we are going to try some LIVE jamming, not sure how this will go as it's a big first for us so don't shoot us if it doesn't work, we will try.

Thanks for listening.

The Phuket FM Radio Team

Eric Bibb...LIVE in the studio today from 2pm....listen in from the radio player here on Thai Visa.

Don't forget the competition, win tickets to this weekends festival......where is the Phuket Blues Rock festival being held.....

answers text in to 08 9000 40 40.

Rich Harper LIVE on Friday at 2pm.

Thanks for listening

The Phuket FM Radio Team