Please Help

Hello, i am planning on going to Thailand from the UK on the 28th of january. I know i can get a visa on entry of Thailand for the 30 days. But Would it be possible and if so where would i be able to get a visa worth around 4-6 months. I am planning on traveling and maybe even working for the duration.

Thank you

George

You can get a double entry Tourist visa before you leave the UK.

The first entry will give you 60 days, which can be extended at any immigration office for a further 30 days.

You will then have to do a border run, exiting and re-entering Thailand.

This can be done all in one day, and will give you another 60 + 30 days.

You are NOT allowed to work in Thailand without a Work Permit from the Labour Dept

Why don't you get a tourist visa from Hull consulate, you\ve more than enough time and it solves the longer stay problem? Not 100% sure but a tourist visa could stretxh to 6 months but would need a visa run, others will be able to advise you better.

As for work, it really depends on what line you are in but basically you're best forgetting about it unless you are a degree qualified teacher.

Get a double entry tourist visa prior to leaving for Thailand. Each entry will get you 60 days. It can be extended for another 30 days at an immigration office in Thailand. Then cross a border and re-enter Thailand for another 60 days on the second entry of the 2x touirst visa. Again, it can be extended for another 30 days.

That should give you almost 6 months.

To work legally you'll need a Work Permit from the Labor Office. That will require a change in visa status which an employer should be able to help with.