Crackdown On Drugs In Thai Prisons

Jai Dee

Drug crackdown in nation's jails

Corrections Department chief Natthee Jitsawang said yesterday his office would join forces with the Army and police on Wednesday to wipe out drug dealing in five prisons.

The 300-strong Big Cleaning Days force, with medical backup and sniffer dogs, will carry out urine tests in Klong Prem, Bangkwang, Khlong Pai and Khao Bin prisons and the Central Correctional Institution for Drug Addicts.

They will also look for mobile phones used to order narcotics.

Natthee said he had instructed prisons nationwide to conduct similar searches at the same time.

Source: The Nation - 11 January 2009

Corrections Department chief Natthee Jitsawang said yesterday his office would join forces with the Army and police on Wednesday to wipe out drug dealing in five prisons.

The 300-strong Big Cleaning Days force, with medical backup and sniffer dogs, will carry out urine tests in Klong Prem, Bangkwang, Khlong Pai and Khao Bin prisons and the Central Correctional Institution for Drug Addicts.

Natthee said he had instructed prisons nationwide to conduct similar searches at the same time.

sounds great.. I have zero confidence, look at this place, it a country that thrives on women selling themselves and corruption..

lets see an improvement all around- then maybe we can have some hope

and the police and army ???, the nation 2 biggest corrupt organization, what joke, come on guy's really....carrying out the checks is like asking the camorra to please make sure the Sicilian mob is behaving themselves.

The top's boys inside have full access to mobile's, laptop's, drugs, etc

One can take masking drugs to counter any check- and many other way, like simply refusing, they cannot make you ( despite what any police says , they cannot make anyone take a piss test , many people in clubs will simply do one of those little tricks and it defeats it all

another nice bit of windown drssing, did this man just get his job, or is trying to scre some point's?

like simply refusing, they cannot make you ( despite what any police says , they cannot make anyone take a piss test

you gotta go when you gotta go. If you can't piss then they can't make you however they can hold you down and take your blood. They do this to people in the US who refuse a breathalyzer for DUI stops.

sounds great.. I have zero confidence, look at this place, it a country that thrives on women selling themselves and corruption..

and the police and army ???, the nation 2 biggest corrupt organization, what joke, come on guy's really....carrying out the checks is like asking the camorra to please make sure the Sicilian mob is behaving themselves.

One can take masking drugs to counter any check- and many other way, like simply refusing, they cannot make you ( despite what any police says , they cannot make anyone take a piss test , many people in clubs will simply do one of those little tricks and it defeats it all

another nice bit of windown drssing, did this man just get his job, or is trying to scre some point's?

Keep being negative,nag nag nag

Get ready for a bunch of "suicides" from drug users in prison to stop them blagging about where the drugs come from. It also gives the police and army the chance to find out where the drug deprived prisons are so they can increase supply to them. :o

like simply refusing, they cannot make you ( despite what any police says , they cannot make anyone take a piss test

you gotta go when you gotta go. If you can't piss then they can't make you however they can hold you down and take your blood. They do this to people in the US who refuse a breathalyzer for DUI stops.

Want to make a bet?

You loose, I win.

:o

Yeah right, in his dreams. Even in well run establishments, drugs get in. Simple fact.

Wow. Sniffer dogs, of course German shepherds will find what they guys working in the prison could never find? Come on, even in other countries are drugs available. The Department of Correction is doing that in 5 prisons? Only in Bangkok. That doesn't make a sense, or does it? Okay it does, if they say so..... P.S. To wipe out means actually to stop it, right? I doubt that rich people will have any problems now and in the future. But rich people wont be there, oh sorry it's time to go to sleep. Keep on searching.........sniff it.

If you can't piss then they can't make you however they can hold you down and take your blood. They do this to people in the US who refuse a breathalyzer for DUI stops.

They do? Hmmmmmm... May I ask what state are you referring to? I do not know all the states' laws in relation to DUI offenses but I have never heard that one before. Sounds like an urban myth... I do know that if you refuse a breath analyzer test the you are like automatically forfeiting your license for a year in most states.

If you can't piss then they can't make you however they can hold you down and take your blood. They do this to people in the US who refuse a breathalyzer for DUI stops.

They do? Hmmmmmm... May I ask what state are you referring to? I do not know all the states' laws in relation to DUI offenses but I have never heard that one before. Sounds like an urban myth... I do know that if you refuse a breath analyzer test the you are like automatically forfeiting your license for a year in most states.

http://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul/19407084.html

So some court has made a ruling to over rule a previous ruling that said they couldn't. These types of things go back and forth all the time in courts.....typical....seems like certain legislation needs to be upgraded or changed to make this a permanent decision. In most places the cops cant hold someone down to take a blood sample unless a warrant is obtained.

Bangers I am surprised you are so negative about this.....you really seem to be down on all law enforcement agencies, thinking that corruption is the rule, not the acception. Just imagine, for one minute, if they authorities were trying to elimate drugs from the jails....OKAY Minutes up, back to your typical way of critical thinking. :o

Edited by neverdie

The DoC had no other option. Yaba and heroin use was up resulting in increased cases of HIV, Hepatitis and violent altercations. Drug use is rampant in western prisons, but I'd be willing to bet it's less obvious in Thai prisons because the penalties are so harsh. I'd expect that the drugs get in the same way they do in the west;

-smuggled in with new inmates

- tossed over the walls in little bundles (they used massive slingshots in my city)

- brought in by guards

not legaly here in in europe,thialnd. despite what police may tell you- no policeman can or ever will take my blood urine, and my top lawyer access will step in and prevent( as has happened here but not with me)

in , even if they it will be inadmissible in most courts

but I am not talking about USA...I wil not make commnet about that place

I have been told insisting you are certain religion would make this ilegal, there are so many tricks, a wholeweb site devoted to this

and taking one capsule before will nulify any and all tests, men carry these in their underpants, or have easy access to take if faced this problem

pro- drug people like me have all the info required to counter our rights to do as we choose with our body

my friends also have aprecribed medicine just in case- this also nulifys

stop believing the BS they tell you

recently japan started fingerprinting foreigners coming in- I posted up there how to counter this( it is so easy), now the Japanese foresight minisrty have admited how useless these machines are.You see, so much propaganda-

do you visting prison's, childrens homes, rape centre?

show me something to be postive about please

it is not a nag, it is a call to improve for people here- is that bad?

So some court has made a ruling to over rule a previous ruling that said they couldn't. These types of things go back and forth all the time in courts.....typical....seems like certain legislation needs to be upgraded or changed to make this a permanent decision. In most places the cops cant hold someone down to take a blood sample unless a warrant is obtained.

Bangers I am surprised you are so negative about this.....you really seem to be down on all law enforcement agencies, thinking that corruption is the rule, not the acception. Just imagine, for one minute, if they authorities were trying to elimate drugs from the jails....OKAY Minutes up, back to your typical way of critical thinking. :o

I am only negative because I see that the majority of police/army here are simple whores and perpetuate the problems of this beautiful land, when they are changed with making it a good place for its subjects- they are worse than the mafia because they are traitors to their dutys

when you have seen what I have it is difficult to be postive

do you know how men I see who have told me that they buy directly from the cops, and its the army who help them send goods out?

BUT NOT ALL- thank GOd( although I do not belive in tha rubbish either!)

I am negitve because so many times this place is just a joke,silly policys meant , mind control( I am not allowed to prove why because TV warned me I would get banned) the non drinking last night...why?

this new thing, nothing ever seems to work....I get the fustated

not legaly here in in europe,thialnd. despite what police may tell you- no policeman can or ever will take my blood urine, and my top lawyer access will step in and prevent( as has happened here but not with me)

I have been told insisting you are certain religion would make this ilegal, there are so many tricks, a wholeweb site devoted to this

and taking one capsule before will nulify any and all tests, men carry these in their underpants, or have easy access to take if faced this problem

pro- drug people like me have all the info required to counter our rights to do as we choose with our body

recently japan started fingerprinting foreigners coming in- I posted up there how to counter this( it is so easy), now the Japanese foresight minisrty have admited how useless these machines are.You see, so much propaganda-

sorry- I meant pro- choice

pro not being told what to do by corrupt people who are usually arresting people because it affect their own profits

like alot of the cops here

a nag- is that what we call something we do not like to hear because it is true?

such deluded ;little people with so little to say, no expericnce

why do thy post?

Bangers......I don't understand what you are saying about "wh*res" I thought this was another drug related thred?

Have you ever thought about running for politics??? I mean seriously, you didnt think you were going to make a difference by coming on TV and posting away, day after day about 'pro choice' did you?

I can only see that the Thai Police and other Authorities are supporting your cause here as well....you see, they have a choice too & they are chosing to act. Good on them I say!

pro not being told what to do by corrupt people who are usually arresting people because it affect their own profits

a nag- is that what we call something we do not like to hear because it is true?

why do thy post?

Because, like me, they are probably sick to the back teeth of all the bleeding heart liberal, anti establishment sh@te that comes from your keyboard.

You want to go around saving all these druggie losers, and visit some tosser in prison bearing them gifts, then knock yourself out.

You dont need to come on here shouting from the rooftops about what a good and thoughtful person you are. I do plenty of good deeds, for people who deserve it, but I dont come on TV gobbing off about it.

As for all this advice that you give on "human rights". You can shove it where the sun dont shine. :o

why do thy post?

Because, like me, they are probably sick to the back teeth of all the bleeding heart liberal, anti establishment sh@te that comes from your keyboard.

You want to go around saving all these druggie losers, and visit some tosser in prison bearing them gifts, then knock yourself out.

You dont need to come on here shouting from the rooftops about what a good and thoughtful person you are. I do plenty of good deeds, for people who deserve it, but I dont come on TV gobbing off about it.

As for all this advice that you give on "human rights". You can shove it where the sun dont shine. :D

I love your style jackndanny....ur all heart! :o

As for all this advice that you give on "human rights". You can shove it where the sun dont shine. :D

Post of the day. :o

I am only negative because I see that the majority of police/army here are simple whores and perpetuate the problems of this beautiful land, when they are changed with making it a good place for its subjects- they are worse than the mafia because they are traitors to their dutys

do you know how men I see who have told me that they buy directly from the cops, and its the army who help them send goods out?

I am negitve because so many times this place is just a joke,silly policys meant , mind control( I am not allowed to prove why because TV warned me I would get banned) the non drinking last night...why?

Its still their country not yours,you still a guest even if you think you own the place.

another little negative fact for you mr nag nag nag

malaya has some of toughest policys in the world against drugs

some people regard their prisons as the best run in the region( which is not really saying that much)

yet every year record hauls are recorded... crime ith drug is on the increase,we, the public only hear of small amount what is found in prison's ( I am told this and cannot claim it as fact) because, as here the drug's are supplied by the staff

is this a nag/nag/ nag, or a fact/fact/fact?

and beside adding a really useful comment- do you have any suggestions that may lead to any sort of positive way forward, or will be scared to see what exist in case some little man accuse's you of being a nag/nag/nager

wake up- smell the coffee- this country is a mess- it is no wonder people make such joke's about it- I do not like this also-look what happened today, a paratrooper jumps out of plane and kills a young girl....in case you did not know they actually are not supposed to do this- but this sort of rank ameteurism prevades everywhere on all level's

only a realistic fact based appraisal which may include negitve commnet improve anything

many people here are in total denial

this will keep this potentially great land from being what it should and could be

Its still their country not yours,you still a guest even if you think you own the place.

wrong again- how many mistakes are you going make...

I am not a guest, and even if I was- does that stop me making these commnets, are yu sayig only people brn here can critise?

and I regard the world as a place that all humans can live in....

and in thaiand- have money= do as you please

can you make any sort of postive contribution, or is this all pathetic face saving

^EARTH TO OURMANINBANGERS, earth to ourmaninbangers >>>> NEWS FLASH!

You are only a GUEST in Thailand......never think anything other than this. Do the wrong thing and they will gladly revoke your visa and you will be out on ur backside! Get use to it! Anyway, you may prefer to go back to ur homeland.....they seem to be very lovey dovey with the prisoners and wrongdoers over there....right up ur alley! :D

Thanks for the entertainment! Ur one of a kind :o

Thanks for the link as it has educated me on some of the recent changes for the state of Minnesota. (And I thought we had given that useless frigid state to Canada.... :o )

But if you read the link provided carefully this will only occur when a suspected drunk driver has caused a "serious or fatal accident". I would not think that it occurs for a routine typical drunk driving stop as which the original comment appeared to make one think.

^ ddrb, I was thinking about helping the entire USA out of planet earth....I'm not a keen supporter of their latest product they have released upon the rest of us! :D

Neverdie, I understand your thoughts and concerns but perhaps if other countries would try to become a 'leader' rather than a 'follower' the "latest product" as you put it, would have lesser consequences for your (other) country(ies)..... :o