Thai Internet Questions

Jeff1

Hello Computer guru's ,

First let me say thank you for reading this and im sure for alot of you these are stupid questions but I really dont know how it works in Thailand .

Does anyone know if I can hook up my internet to a satelite for tv ? If so what do I need ?

How well or at all does a wireless laptop internet connection work at a internet cafe ?

Thanks again ,

Jeff

hello,

i dont know how you can get satellite tv through the internet, but if you subscribe to UBC satellite here, you can run it through your computer if you have the correct connections on your video card.

as to the second question, most starbucks here now have the wi-fi connection, and i would guess they work fine. i think there is still some issue with security, so maybe you don't want to enter credit card numbers while using this service.

Hi , thanks for the reply .

I was thinking of getting internet through the satellite for the tv if that is possable .

That sounds like you're talking about IPTV or IPStar?

IPTV uses satellite for the downlink, but you need a modem to send. (but is on the same satellite as UBC, so I understand a reference to TV since it uses the TV satellite dish).

The other satellite Internet is IPStar, but that uses satellite for uplink as well as the downlink, and I believe is moving to a new satellite shortly (which means it can't be the same dish as the TV signal from UBC).

For both, you should check CS Loxinfo's website.

That I have heard of . I was looking for something with more english speaking channel's and with satellite it would be a one time fee . That is something im hoping to find with a internet connection . The cable I think would be faster . This one I have to win , Two of my favorite things are internet and tv . Another one is not paying to much . :o

That I have heard of . I was looking for something with more english speaking channel's and with satellite it would be a one time fee . That is something im hoping to find with a internet connection . The cable I think would be faster . This one I have to win , Two of my favorite things are internet and tv . Another one is not paying to much .  :o

Satellite Internet is definitely NOT cheap, and is not a one time fee.

If you're in Bangkok, cheapest broadband is definitely ADSL (True / CS Loxinfo both start very cheap). Don't use satellite Internet if money's an issue and ADSL is available...

Edited by bkk_mike

That I have heard of . I was looking for something with more english speaking channel's and with satellite it would be a one time fee . That is something im hoping to find with a internet connection . The cable I think would be faster . This one I have to win , Two of my favorite things are internet and tv . Another one is not paying to much .  :o

Satellite Internet is definitely NOT cheap, and is not a one time fee.

If you're in Bangkok, cheapest broadband is definitely ADSL (True / CS Loxinfo both start very cheap). Don't use satellite Internet if money's an issue and ADSL is available...

Thanks Mike ,

Money is not that big of an issue but I would like to pay as little as I can get by with . Actually im in Korat . Have been busy .