Trucks And Suv's In Thailand

elektrified

I'm looking to buy a second-hand truck or possibly an SUV; most likely a truck though. I'm not real familiar with what is available here in Thailand. I see a lot of those Toyota Hilux around but I read in another thread that the front braking system is not good? I'm looking to buy a truck 5-7 years old. I've also noticed Mitsubishi and Isuzu as being popular. I don't know much about trucks and/or cars as they don't really interest me. If it was up to me I would buy an old Volvo, but we really need something to haul things around, take the dogs places, etc. Safety is a concern; i.e. airbags, etc. but not mandatory.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

elektrified

P.S. Why are cars so expensive in Thailand? It seems to me that they are probably manufactured/assembled in neighboring countries with cheap labor forces. I could buy a used car or truck for much less money in the USA or in Europe. I don't really get it.

Depends on a number of things..

How much have you got to spend?

How long are you going to keep it?

Isuzu and Toyota hold there value. [my old Isuzu May 2004 got 445k in exchange for a brand new one 638k + had done over 400,00km.. so had lost less than 150k in 4 years,, paid 591k in 2004]

Ford, Mazda and Chevrolet lose that in the 1st year.. Mitsubishi + Nissan are in between.

Isuzu + Chevrolet have the same engine, these engines are a little noisy but are chain driven, beware of the Ford/Mazda same engine be sure the belt is changed at 80,000km

So a 6 yr old Isuzu or Toyota, a 5 yr old Mitsubishi or Nissan, a 4 yr old Ford, Mazda and Chevrolet would cost all around the same price. all these should have airbags, depends on the spec when it was bought

Edited by ignis