Uk Pension Increase

goonerthegooner

Hey any of you Pensioners out there can help me with this question.

Have been here in Thailand for 4 years,as no address in the UK too use,my State Pension is frozen with no increases. :o

I have heard if i return too the Uk they will update it with the increases.

Anybody know how long in days or weeks i have too be in the UK for this too be done??

Thanks Guys,

Also be aware that the UK authorities are onto pensioners who try to claim they are living in the UK but are actually living abroad, in order to qualify for pension increases.

I know of one case where the guy claimed he lived in the UK at his daughter's house, and they came round and interviewed his daughter to establish whether he was telling the truth.

There is also a tie in with your tax status.

Be very careful.

Well , I wrote a short story about a guy I helped who did that , agency threw out his dil and chopped his pension , after a couple of months helping him , he disapeared with the cell phone I had loaned him , about to post and the story 'Vanished ' so you get this

abbreviated version .

Moral of the story , WATCH YOUR BACK if you intend ripping off the UK pension service , you could lose ALL . I waited an extra 5 years and get 50% axtra .

6 months

I heard that you should tell them you are back in the country as soon as you return to the UK, and they will give you the full - uprated - pension straight away.

Of course, when you go back to Thailand, it will be cut again.

Edit:

I see there is another thread running on this subject here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Uk-State-Pen...ts-t234883.html , and the consensus is six months. My info came from the BEP group some years ago. http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/bep/?v=...group&slk=3

Edited by JetsetBkk

• 1 month later...

Have been here in Thailand for 4 years,as no address in the UK too use,my State Pension is frozen with no increases. :o

Anybody know how long in days or weeks i have too be in the UK for this too be done??

Thanks Guys,

Tell the truth, you are living in Thailand and have been for the last 4 years running a business.

I HAVE HEARD PENSIONERS ASKING AND GETTING THE EXTRA COLD ALLOWANCE, DISGRACEFULL, YOU WOULD HAVE TO FILL OUT THE OFFICIAL GOVERNMANT FORM AND LIE.

I still pay tax in England, fed up with these people. Next you will be telling me you are married to a Thai, she will get a passport after 5 years and a UK pension, should stop, disgracefull.

Full of losers, is anyone honest here.

Loser's.

Well , I wrote a short story about a guy I helped who did that , agency threw out his dil and chopped his pension , after a couple of months helping him , he disapeared with the cell phone I had loaned him , about to post and the story 'Vanished ' so you get this

abbreviated version .

Moral of the story , WATCH YOUR BACK if you intend ripping off the UK pension service , you could lose ALL . I waited an extra 5 years and get 50% axtra .

Ripping off the UK pension service seems to be common place with pensioner's living abroad. I think it disgracefull. These guys meet a Thai female moves in almost immediately mammrie's and they calim extra pension, funded by the UK Tax payer.

How can they sleep at night, liars and loosers al of them.

abbreviated version .

Ripping off the UK pension service seems to be common place with pensioner's living abroad. I think it disgracefull. These guys meet a Thai female moves in almost immediately mammrie's and they calim extra pension, funded by the UK Tax payer.

Easy , they become embedded and become Thaiwise , scam all you can , in many , not all , instances . :o

Thanks Guys,

Tell the truth, you are living in Thailand and have been for the last 4 years running a business.

I HAVE HEARD PENSIONERS ASKING AND GETTING THE EXTRA COLD ALLOWANCE, DISGRACEFULL, YOU WOULD HAVE TO FILL OUT THE OFFICIAL GOVERNMANT FORM AND LIE.

I still pay tax in England, fed up with these people. Next you will be telling me you are married to a Thai, she will get a passport after 5 years and a UK pension, should stop, disgracefull.

Loser's.

I am honest and totaly agree the amount of losers here in Thailand.I retired early and couldnt get free health care in uk if i went back for a holday and got sick.it was my choice to retire in Thailand and i accept this.I know my pension will be frozen when i retire but living here is a lot cheaper than uk.I get fed up of caon men and scam artists who take the piss.You are all being watched,and your new passport can check where you are too.Alrady heard that 2 of the Pattaya scum have been caught and have been fined over 20,000 gbp.

Thanks Guys,

Loser's.

I am honest and totaly agree the amount of losers here in Thailand.I retired early and couldnt get free health care in uk if i went back for a holday and got sick.it was my choice to retire in Thailand and i accept this.I know my pension will be frozen when i retire but living here is a lot cheaper than uk.I get fed up of caon men and scam artists who take the piss.You are all being watched,and your new passport can check where you are too.Alrady heard that 2 of the Pattaya scum have been caught and have been fined over 20,000 gbp.

Heard about the monitoring, about time, UK seems to be soft. hope this is tru for the social security and sick note dodger's too.

http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/atoz/a...cy-increase.asp If you have a look at this web site it will tell you all you need to know about your pension rights. The Uk state pension is paid by you for you & your spouse so its your money. This is not a benefit its your pension rights and until the law changes you can claim for your wife even if she is not from the uk a lot of posters on here have done so even if its a difficult process. Now the fact that someone who is retired in a country that has an agreement should get his pension increases and other don't is very unfair and in time this will also be changed in the future. The pensioner living here in Thailand will save the uk government a load of money as they are not entitled to claim cold payments or use the NHS or use the free bus service or claim any other benefit but they still pay UK income Tax on there pensions. If you claim something your not entitled to then its only a matter of time that they will find out.

Regards

Scotsman

listen,they cant even catch the thousands upon thousands of social security scroungers in Britain ,so if you think they are going to be scanning every pensioners passport to see if they are claiming the yearly rise you are living in cloud cuckoo land . check the internet to see how many were caught last year .

by the way ime not a pensioner.

Edited by thaimate

listen,they cant even catch the thousands upon thousands of social security scroungers in Britain ,so if you think they are going to be scanning every pensioners passport to see if they are claiming the yearly rise you are living in cloud cuckoo land . check the internet to see how many were caught last year .

There's difference between checking a database of pensioners passports being swiped when entering and exiting a country and checking if someone is working cash in hand on the side, not living with someone when they claim they are or living with someone when they say they aren't.

There's difference between checking a database of pensioners passports being swiped when entering and exiting a country and checking if someone is working cash in hand on the side, not living with someone when they claim they are or living with someone when they say they aren't.

roughly 250 million people travel through BRitain yearly ,unless you had been flaged as a suspect ,who is going to check every one ?

Edited by thaimate

roughly 250 million people travel through BRitain yearly ,unless you had been flaged as a suspect ,who is going to check every one ?

I believe there's a new fancy machine that can do this very, very, very quickly.

It's called "a computer". :o

http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/atoz/a...cy-increase.asp If you have a look at this web site it will tell you all you need to know about your pension rights. The Uk state pension is paid by you for you & your spouse so its your money. This is not a benefit its your pension rights and until the law changes you can claim for your wife even if she is not from the uk a lot of posters on here have done so even if its a difficult process. Now the fact that someone who is retired in a country that has an agreement should get his pension increases and other don't is very unfair and in time this will also be changed in the future. The pensioner living here in Thailand will save the uk government a load of money as they are not entitled to claim cold payments or use the NHS or use the free bus service or claim any other benefit but they still pay UK income Tax on there pensions. If you claim something your not entitled to then its only a matter of time that they will find out.

Regards

Scotsman

I think that it is possible to use the NHS if you have a UK pension and have lived in the UK for 10years in the past it can only be used for current illnesses while on a visit

I believe there's a new fancy machine that can do this very, very, very quickly.

It's called "a computer". :D

Funny you mention that fancy new machine Jetset....I know you wont believe this, but I actually have one of those machines in my house, 2 of them actually, one desk top (Its big and strong) & another one they call a notebook, but it looks nothing like the type of notebook you carry in your pocket.

The strangest thing about these fancy machines is they always seem to go on the blink :o & they need to connect up to some INTERNATIONAL NET THINGY, which is also always going on the blink, strange things appear on my screen like naked ladies and stuff blowing up.... :D Maybe the guys in the UK have the same problems?

abbreviated version .

Yeah you can't beat some good "mammries"

Sitting by pool now awaiting next benefit cheque to arrive he he he :o

Edited by yabaaaa

It's called "a computer". :o

i know and they cant even stop illegal immegrants , terrorists and the like coming and going through the airports ,what chance do they have catching someone who is claiming a couple of quid a week extra on his pension :D

Ok 250 million a year, so about 685,000 a day. That's through all airports and that includes foreign and UK nationals. So, if foreign nationals make up say 3/5 of the number, that's roughly 275k of UK passports. So when you get your passport swiped at immigration, data is saved to a local database. Nothing easier than a small job that runs early in the morning to look through that days passport swipes for UK passports where the bearer is of pensionable age, then send the details to a central agency in a file. This would take no time at all and hey presto every day all the pensioners coming in and out of the country are logged.

Ok 250 million a year, so about 685,000 a day. That's through all airports and that includes foreign and UK nationals. So, if foreign nationals make up say 3/5 of the number, that's roughly 275k of UK passports. So when you get your passport swiped at immigration, data is saved to a local database. Nothing easier than a small job that runs early in the morning to look through that days passport swipes for UK passports where the bearer is of pensionable age, then send the details to a central agency in a file. This would take no time at all and hey presto every day all the pensioners coming in and out of the country are logged.

agreed

but if you think that is going to happen,your a more optomistic man than me gunga din , :o