Does A Re-entry Permit Affect The 90 Day-rule?

The re-entry permit does not affect reporting itself but if you use the permit to travel you do not have to report while outside Thailand and next report will be due 90 days after your return (TM.6 arrival card). Believe you understand correctly.

The re-entry permit does not affect reporting itself but if you use the permit to travel you do not have to report while outside Thailand and next report will be due 90 days after your return (TM.6 arrival card).  Believe you understand correctly.

Thanks, that's what I meant. So it's reporting again 90 days after returning from my trip... :o

Yes, you are right.

But bewarned. The re-entry permit is only valid up to the expiry date of your visa validity.

i.e.

if you are on a single entry B and it expires on 1st Feb, your re-entry permit will expire when you use it or it and your B will expire on 1st Feb. If you have a multiple re-entry and a single entry B, both expire on the same day.

If your B expires on 1st July and you have a single re-entry, your re-entry expires when you use it. A Multiple re-entry will expire on 1st July.

I almost got caught out when I was applying for my WP and was getting monthly extensions until it was approved. I almost bought a multiple re-entry permit but it would have expired the next time I extended my B visa, so I got a single instead.

Yes, you are right.

But bewarned.  The re-entry permit is only valid up to the expiry date of your visa validity.

The re-entry permit has a time stamp on it and it is valid until that date. The date should be the same as your current permitted to stay stamp.

Again believe you also understand the system but it is not the visa validity (use by date) but the most recent permitted to stay until date that is important here.