Fight in Lamai bar.

==================================

another really awful thing.. the other day.. hearsay, same source...

lamai bar owner gets into fight with 2 italian men.

he is beaten very badly.

now in very serious condition in hosptal,

may not survive.

possible major brain damage if he does survive.

he is beaten very badly.

may not survive.

With regards to the Bar Owner Story, this is Mar**n ( Grey Hair ) you're talking about yes ??

I've just had a Phonecall Mark from the UK saying the worst & he hasn't survived the attack & they will be turning the Machine off in a matter of hours.......

he is beaten very badly.

may not survive.

With regards to the Bar Owner Story, this is Mar**n ( Grey Hair ) you're talking about yes ??

I've just had a Phonecall Mark from the UK saying the worst & he hasn't survived the attack & they will be turning the Machine off in a matter of hours.......

appernetly the police have cctv footage. Sad thing. I don't think the Italians ment to kill him. Not good to have a fight 2 on 1. Sometimes people go out and look for trouble and get more deeper than they expected. I feel bad for the bar owner and his family. I don't know what happened but it sounds like a silly drunken fight that happens every Saturday night but this time the Knock on the head was fatel. Sounds like man slaughter

he is beaten very badly.

may not survive.

appernetly the police have cctv footage. Sad thing. I don't think the Italians ment to kill him. Not good to have a fight 2 on 1. Sometimes people go out and look for trouble and get more deeper than they expected. I feel bad for the bar owner and his family. I don't know what happened but it sounds like a silly drunken fight that happens every Saturday night but this time the Knock on the head was fatel. Sounds like man slaughter

I understand what you're saying but one of the Italians hit him with a Paint Pot filled with Concrete ( used as some kind of weigh down for something ) which is ALWAYS going to cause a serious amount of damage especially when put accross someone's head...

he is beaten very badly.

may not survive.

When did this happen? If it's the same person you are talking about, I've met him on the way to Bangkok on the 5th.

I was referring to this line "I understand what you're saying but one of the Italians hit him with a Paint Pot filled with Concrete..." which I believe in most countries would make it a homocide. Not the same as punching him and the victim falling onto the paint pot full of concrete. Anyway, same sad result for the victim and his family. RIP and I hope the perps get the maximum penalty, a 2 on 1 fight resulting in death is no accident in my books.

"I understand what you're saying but one of the Italians hit him with a Paint Pot filled with Concrete..."

as far as i am aware this never happened.... from actual witnesses there, there was an argument followed by a few punches exchanged and Martin feel over and hit the back of his head..

Just spoke to my mates who where there when it happened (outside his bar) The two that attacked him are French they have been arrested + two others that were involved have also been pulled.

Martin fell back and hit his head on a large paint can filled with concrete. There was no external damage it was all internal (blood clot) Apparently one of the attackers father has a resort in Samui?

Martins son is there they made the decission to turn off the life support after Surgery last night

RIP

Just spoke to my mates who where there when it happened (outside his bar) The two that attacked him are French they have been arrested + two others that were involved have also been pulled.

Martin fell back and hit his head on a large paint can filled with concrete. There was no external damage it was all internal (blood clot) Apparently one of the attackers father has a resort in Samui?

Martins son is there they made the decission to turn off the life support after Surgery last night

RIP

that makes more sense..

do you know the status of the french? ... also who where the other 2 pulled? .. not heard that part yet?

RIP

that makes more sense..

do you know the status of the french? ... also who where the other 2 pulled? .. not heard that part yet?

Not sure on the status of the French guys I imagine they are still in prison. The father of one of the offenders has offered to cover all medical costs though that does not change/help anything. I can see it dragging on for a while.

I dont know anymore about the other two just what I was told though the person I spoke with was there when the first altercation took place (verbal) the actual attack took place outside a bar near Mc Donalds but I was not able to speak to Sh**mp (bar owner) apparently he and everyone is still in shock at what happened.

Sad sad times and more bad publicity for Samui

Sorry if i caused offence with the " Pot " comment but i was only passing on what i was told & maybe shouldn't have done until i did find out the actual facts rather than listening to hear say..

Interesting to hear that the 2 attackers were French as opposed to Italian though, i know there have been some incidents with a few of the same French Nationals over the past year or so too with Violence seemingly par for the course with them.

It is interesting to see how the "truth" is gained here online, if at all. We now have a different location for the incident, different nationalities involved, a different mode of injury, and a question even if the injury was a consequence of an actual blow or an unrelated stumble afterword. There are many unsubstantiated allegations yet.

Two things occur to me; one is that people ought to be gaining some insight into how strict good newspaper reporting is, and the other is how easy it is to father "truths" about things (from politics to brawls) online and the followers that latch on ...where reading something online becomes the substitute for actual reporting and verification.

Welcome to the World Wide Rumor Mill....

And since we are on the unsubstantiated slope: What caused the altercation? What was the beef?

Mark WolfePosted Yesterday, 2009-01-14 08:37:23 It is interesting to see how the "truth" is gained here online, if at all. We now have a different location for the incident, different nationalities involved, a different mode of injury, and a question even if the injury was a consequence of an actual blow or an unrelated stumble afterword. There are many unsubstantiated allegations yet.

Two things occur to me; one is that people ought to be gaining some insight into how strict good newspaper reporting is, and the other is how easy it is to father "truths" about things (from politics to brawls) online and the followers that latch on ...where reading something online becomes the substitute for actual reporting and verification.

Yeah, it's not unlike the recent moto accident that killed two people. Look how many times that story changed...

It was an honour and privilige to have known Martin. He was a great character, and I imagine will be very much missed by the majority of ex-pats in Lamai/Samui.

If there is any justice in Samui, the perpetrators of this crime will be brought to justice in the Thai courts.

RIP mate.

It is interesting to see how the "truth" is gained here online, if at all. We now have a different location for the incident, different nationalities involved, a different mode of injury, and a question even if the injury was a consequence of an actual blow or an unrelated stumble afterword. There are many unsubstantiated allegations yet.

And since we are on the unsubstantiated slope: What caused the altercation? What was the beef?

That's human nature to report what you believe to be true, but sad it gets mixed up these ways. And what caused it, isn't all that relavent IMO.

RIP Martin.

Edited by SamuiJens

I was out of the country for almost 3 weeks and came back to this.

Martin was my next door neighbors, just up the hill,

and I planned to have him in to the house when I got back.

Nice guy, smarter than most, and usually relaxed.

But that bar was a bad deal for him IMHO and it finally got him.

Bad location, bad neighbors and not the best potential clientel.

Periodically trouble came to find him, not the other way round.

So sad. Should never have happened. RIP Martin.

Now my wife is worried about staying here, even if it didn't happen here.

Condolences to the family must be extended in person.

Gotta get a card and walk over tomorrow.

Edited by animatic