The Dome Residence

shepsel

I am considering renting a room at The Dome Residence on a monthly basis as my first place when I arrive on my retirement visa in a few weeks before physically looking for a long term rental.

I would like to know if anyone has stayed there, and what they thought of the place. Any red flags that I should know about?

I am considering renting a room at The Dome Residence on a monthly basis as my first place when I arrive on my retirement visa in a few weeks before physically looking for a long term rental.

I would like to know if anyone has stayed there, and what they thought of the place. Any red flags that I should know about?

hi,

first of all "you are welcome to Chiang Mai" and

you may be want to considering another.-

for a nice small house at ( eliteproperty.co.th/?mode=property&task=view&itemid=131)

or for a nice apartment at ( eliteproperty.co.th/?mode=property&task=view&itemid=146 )

i think it is very nice for the people who like quiet place and not too far from town.

good luck,

It's a brand new building in an excellent position close to Central Shopping Mall and good for transport. Nicely designed smallish but adequate rooms and common areas - probably best to stay on the side away from the road which has a more open view. I haven't stayed myself but went to see it when it opened and have a friend who's living there and seemed upbeat about it.

Edited by Greenside

I went to see it when it first opened. Nice rooms but over-priced for Chiang Mai. I think the nice rooms with a view and kitchen are about 14,000. I drove past it today and I notice there is construction going on - an addition or something. Probably best to avoid if you like peace and quiet.

Don't suppose they've got a website anyone knows. I did try searching but alas no luck.

I'm not in CM but would be interested in checking it out on the net and also any other recommendations nearby. Last time I stayed at Emporium so would want a similar standard or higher.

Thanks

Don't suppose they've got a website anyone knows. I did try searching but alas no luck.

I'm not in CM but would be interested in checking it out on the net and also any other recommendations nearby. Last time I stayed at Emporium so would want a similar standard or higher.

Thanks

http://www.thedomechiangmai.com./

A friend of mine moved there a few months back and couldn't be happier. Nice view of the Doi Suthep, spacious studio, internet access, good sized balcony with outdoor sink cupbaord, and mains suply. Also included is a 29" Panasonic TV with English channles, fridge and furniture. Intenet access is also avalable for a small monthly fee. Probably one on the nicest spacious studios I've seen in CM. Cost: 10,000 THB/Mo

The studios, IMO, are better than the 1 bed options. The one bed rooms look like studios with a bedroom built inside the room making them appear somewhat cramped and claustrophobic. I thought they looked more like storage cupboards than homes, but then i'm used to having enough room swing a cat! Cost: 12,000 THB/Mo

The building itself is very nice inside and out, as you would expect for a new residence. The corridors and open style design is so different to the standard white corridors and brown skirting boards of so many soulless projects around the country.

Aitch

A couple months back I was looking for a new apartment and stopped by there. They really are nice rooms, but way overpriced IMHO. I got an equivalent room in a brand new building with everything the Dome had to offer, but for about 4,000 Baht less. I'm living over near Rajabhat University a couple of blocks from Tesco Lotus. The place is called Bann Sri Monkoin Mansion. Anyway, there are tons of new places popping up all over the place. Anyway, like I said, great rooms at the Dome, good location, but I thought they were way over-priced. If money is not an issue, you'll be very happy there, but if you want to save a little and get the equivalent apartment, they are definitely out there.

The manager is named Noi. Nice lady. The studios are nice but there are only one on each floor. 10k is the price, yes a bit high price wise but just to get your feet wet it is perfect. One bedrooms are 12k. Elec is B7 per unit and B500 for internet., forgot how much WeTv cable is.

Wife and I looked at the Dome but for 2 and stuff was a tad to small.