Renewal Retirement Extension

Hi Guys.

Wow. Walk in the park.

Went to US Embassy on Friday to see what kind of letter I am gonna need. Good News!!! They have a blank form to fill in.

Based on current exchange rates I filled in "$2100 USD per month" pension. Paid 1020 baht to get it certified.

Headed on over to Suan Plu (with passport & 1 colored photograph).

By the time I had filled the form & gotten my photocopy pages PP it was 14:30. The chief at the info desk told me "Queue number full" but not before making sure I had plenty of days in hand. Smile - say thanks & see ya Monday.

Monday get up 9 am - drink coffee. Left home 10:45. Arrive Suan Plu 11:15. Get queue number. Approx 30 people ahead of me. 11:30 everyone gets up & leaves. They don't come back till 1 pm.

About 14:15 hours the mighty machine gets cranked up & we start calling numbers with some aclarity. I get called to the desk at 15:00. Practice my Thai on the nice lady. Smooth as silk. Out at 15:40 hours good for one more year.

My impressions. A - arrive at 12:30, get your queue number & lose 1/2 a day. Or B - get there 8:30 - join the scrum, get a queue number & then go for breakfast 2 hours.

btw - my case number this year is 619 versus 1237 last. I was expecting the number of retirees to increase. Just the opposite happened.

I guess room 101 is expanding. About time.

Signs says so. As per my camera phone pictures they need to store these mountains of papers. Choke dee.

post-8282-1231768113_thumb.jpg

post-8282-1231768130_thumb.jpg

Edited by dotcom

Hi Guys.

Wow. Walk in the park.

Went to US Embassy on Friday to see what kind of letter I am gonna need. Good News!!! They have a blank form to fill in.

Based on current exchange rates I filled in "$2100 USD per month" pension. Paid 1020 baht to get it certified.

By the time I had filled the form & gotten my photocopy pages PP it was 14:30. The chief at the info desk told me "Queue number full" but not before making sure I had plenty of days in hand. Smile - say thanks & see ya Monday.

Monday get up 9 am - drink coffee. Left home 10:45. Arrive Suan Plu 11:15. Get queue number. Approx 30 people ahead of me. 11:30 everyone gets up & leaves. They don't come back till 1 pm.

About 14:15 hours the mighty machine gets cranked up & we start calling numbers with some aclarity. I get called to the desk at 15:00. Practice my Thai on the nice lady. Smooth as silk. Out at 15:40 hours good for one more year.

My impressions. A - arrive at 12:30, get your queue number & lose 1/2 a day. Or B - get there 8:30 - join the scrum, get a queue number & then go for breakfast 2 hours.

btw - my case number this year is 619 versus 1237 last. I was expecting the number of retirees to increase. Just the opposite happened.

Signs says so. As per my camera phone pictures they need to store these mountains of papers. Choke dee.

I think the one reason for less folks asking for the retirement extension may be enforcing the rule about using your local immg.

Hi Guys.

Wow. Walk in the park.

The last twice i've been I've arrived at about 09-30 and with about 30 queue numbers in front of me I have finally got out at about 14-30. I don't understand why they all break for lunch at the same time!!

:D

That sign was there when I went in July last year, and I suspect it will be still there when I go in July this year!

:o:D:D

Did Thai Immigration ask for copies of your bank book statement, or proof that you have been transferring money into your Thai bank account from overseas?

No Sir. Nothing like that.

I would have needed to come back another day if yes.