Missing Cm

ThaiPauly

I have been away nearly 4 weeks, just got back to BK today, and have to make it to Bumrungrad to sort out a medical problem with my leg before I can drive back up.

Of course I enjoyed my time in the freezing climate of the UK visiting my parents and kids,,,but no way would I want to stay there much longer than I did.

This is the longest I have been away in 5 years...I really missed CM and all my friends (of course some will say I am" Billy No Mates,") thats to be expected :o

Does anyone else feel the same when they are torn away from our home town?

" Of course I enjoyed my time in the freezing climate of the UK visiting my parents and kids "

Tonight here as far as I am concerned is the coldest night yet. I hope you still have your hot water bottle and long johns with you.

I was away recently for just 4 days and I actually missed the place. Well I missed the prices mostly. A few days of reality, supping down decent beers, eating stuff I have not eaten in years and shopping of course and I was ready to come back.

Plesently greeted by Immigration in CNX and given the token inspection by customs who were amused that I had 5 kg of cadburys, 2 tubs of Philidelphia cream cheese with salmon and 2 kg of mature chedder and 7 litres of ribena :o

I have worked out that no matter how bad this place becomes sometimes, I can always retire to some corner of my apt and consume the above goodies and all will be ok.

Welcome back.

For first time ever - I saw Ribena for sale at TOPS- Airport Central - but at 350 Bt (£7) a bottle I resisted the temptation!

Sunquick (blackcurrant flavour) should be for sale in Tescos lotus and is very similar to ribena and is a lot cheaper at about 160 baht.

Edited by melvinrio