How Much Does Thai People Earn.....

phoolish

....in their workplace per day/week/monthly?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking of getting a working visa and Thailand is one of the place I want to visit and work for short time. Thailand is not the only country I'm going to work, I will also be working in US/UK/Asia in a span of 2 years altogether. Basically, travelling around the world and work for a short time in each countries I visit.

:o

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking of getting a working visa and Thailand is one of the place I want to visit and work for short time. Thailand is not the only country I'm going to work, I will also be working in US/UK/Asia in a span of 2 years altogether. Basically, travelling around the world and work for a short time in each countries I visit.

:o

The first problem is your question is very open.....what job are you talking about....people could be earning THB 5000/month upto THB 1.0 million a month...

Also for Thailand hope you know there is no such thing as a working visa and considering the time it takes to get approved for a work permit in Thailand, you will not be able to work here for a short time legally, to get a WP you have to have been offered a job by a Thai company.

Average income probably above 12,000 baht/month for all of Thailand. For Bangkok, around at least 20,000 baht/month. This is for Thais. For you, as a foreigner, you can expect between 30,000-40,000 if you teach English. If you have skills and experience to be able to get a work permit as a foreigner in a company in Thailand, you can expect at least 50,000 baht/month. This has been my experience.

Average income probably above 12,000 baht/month for all of Thailand. For Bangkok, around at least 20,000 baht/month. This is for Thais. For you, as a foreigner, you can expect between 30,000-40,000 if you teach English. If you have skills and experience to be able to get a work permit as a foreigner in a company in Thailand, you can expect at least 50,000 baht/month. This has been my experience.

50k baht seems a lot but when converting is Australian is not all that much.

12k baht is not much at all... Sorry, I just don't know how much ppl earn in any country.

I don't ask ppl how much they earn as I mind my own business.

This is my first time asking since I'm thinking of working in different countries to get some experience and explore the world.

Whilst I'm not disagreeing with the estimate of average monthly wage earnt, there is plenty of thai people working long hours that earn less than 12,000 baht per month.

You will also find that many people work longer hours than the 38 hour working week of the Australian wage earner.

1. Your question should be "how much do western people earn working in thailand" as this is generally not the same as what Thai people earn here

2. Put "Thailand Board of Investment" into google to find their web site. In that web site you will find a report about average wage rates for people in different industries

3. For the rules about westerners working in thailand do the the thai visas sub-forum in this web site and scan the current threads to find a relevant discussion (also look at the "pinned" topics on the top of that page)

1. Your question should be "how much do western people earn working in thailand" as this is generally not the same as what Thai people earn here

2. Put "Thailand Board of Investment" into google to find their web site. In that web site you will find a report about average wage rates for people in different industries

3. For the rules about westerners working in thailand do the the thai visas sub-forum in this web site and scan the current threads to find a relevant discussion (also look at the "pinned" topics on the top of that page)

Thanks.

Reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking of getting a working visa and Thailand is one of the place I want to visit and work for short time.

That "working visa" is what UK backpackers use to come to Oz?

Kind of jobs are cherry picking (you can probably get max of 20B an hour = 7A$ a day), with lots of luck some call center and probably 300A$ a month. Distantly possible is waiting tables at some backpacker joint, again 300-350A$ per month.

Forget about work with that kind of visa in Thailand.

Edited by think_too_mut

Thanks.

Just checked the 'Daily Minimum Wage by area' and it varies from 144 to 194 baht a day.

Wow... $6 to $8Aud a day.

I think I'll skip working in Thailand and explore the country instead. :o

Also for Thailand hope you know there is no such thing as a working visa

ermm....as of 2007 (I think) as part of the free trade agreement between Thailand and Australia, there is reciprocal visa arrangement that allows people under 30 to go on working holiday visa. Not sure if other countries are able to, but certainly Australians can get working holiday visa for Thailand (I think its for 1 year...but please check immigration websites for details)

Average income probably above 12,000 baht/month for all of Thailand. For Bangkok, around at least 20,000 baht/month. This is for Thais.

I wouldnt say its that high. fresh graduate starting out could earn as little as 7-8000 baht a month. someone with a master's degree working in a bank earns around 18 to 20,000 baht a month. Of course there are people that earn far more, but my estimate for average would be much lower, especially once you include country towns outside of Bangkok.

Just checked the 'Daily Minimum Wage by area' and it varies from 144 to 194 baht a day.

^ THAT is correct. but these tend to be blue collar work. Unlike places like Australia...Thailand does not have a huge market for casual/part time jobs, so if you were expecting to work a few hours, earn some money, travel - that concept doesnt quite work out in thailand.

Average income probably above 12,000 baht/month for all of Thailand. For Bangkok, around at least 20,000 baht/month. This is for Thais.

I wouldnt say its that high. fresh graduate starting out could earn as little as 7-8000 baht a month. someone with a master's degree working in a bank earns around 18 to 20,000 baht a month. Of course there are people that earn far more, but my estimate for average would be much lower, especially once you include country towns outside of Bangkok.

Yes it is about 12,000 baht, we're talking averages here, not what people make right when they get out of college. That average is for all of Thailand. It's an average, not a figure of what the lowest salaries equal. I checked the stats and they were even for two years ago. Anyway, it doesn't really matter.

Bangkok is even more than that, by the way. For the average.

For what you're likely to earn, you're better working a little harder in western countries such as The UK and USA and not working in Thailand.

Generalising, you're likely to make as much working an extra hour in England as you would for a whole day in Thailand.

Do it this way and instead of working, watch the sun go down on a beach with a beer in your hand whilst in LoS.

Whilst I'm not disagreeing with the estimate of average monthly wage earnt, there is plenty of thai people working long hours that earn less than 12,000 baht per month.

You will also find that many people work longer hours than the 38 hour working week of the Australian wage earner.

Many government jobs pay no more then 10,000 baht for 60 hour weeks...And these people are university educated. :o

The 16 year old girl that served me dinner on a riverboat restaurant in Nakhon Sawan was pulling 100 baht per night-That's 100 baht for 6 hours work!! She had to work to pay for her schooling... :o My tip alone put her 5 days ahead. :D

The 16 year old girl that served me dinner on a riverboat restaurant in Nakhon Sawan was pulling 100 baht per night-That's 100 baht for 6 hours work!! She had to work to pay for her schooling... :o My tip alone put her 5 days ahead. :D

You left a 500 baht tip?

Edited by Geekfreaklover

You left a 500 baht tip?

The minimum age to work in Australia is 14yrs & 8 months and the minimum wage is about $7 an hour.

And also the question is:

How do they survive on a 8k baht a month??

Some people working full-time in Australia can't even survive on a $1200aud.

You left a 500 baht tip?

The minimum age to work in Australia is 14yrs & 8 months and the minimum wage is about $7 an hour.

My friends down south earn 4000 - 6000 Bath per month, 6 days a week and this how they live (Oh I mean single only).

- Living with parents.

- No responsibility for utilities.

- Riding motercycle to work 20 mins away.

- Gas 20-50 Bath per day.

- Lunch 50 Bath max.

- Dinner with parents

- Phone bills 100 max.

What else did i missed ????

Here where i live now :

My bf and I we earns 4500 euro per month :

- Mortgate

- Bills

- Food

- Entertainment

- Cloths

- Free gas from business car :D but 300 euro tax and for private use.

60% of income gone so far :D

Next month we use 2 cars one only for work and new one for private use.

Howmuch do I have left ?????

Edited by thesunset75

You left a 500 baht tip?

Yeah, i felt bad,i wanted to leave more but i didn't want to set a precedent where it was expected from all farangs. :D

You left a 500 baht tip?

Thailand is a developing country and due to social economic factors the cost of living in Thailand is far less than the cost of living in, for example, Australia. The work force in Thailand is paid in accordance to the cost of living. Actually 8k is not too bad a salery, and is the amount that most university graduates outside of Bangkok are paid. Inside Bangkok 10-12k for a graduate.

In the more rural regions a monthly 3-5,000 is common for manual workers or workers without qualifications above high school level.

When you consider that a meal costs as little as 20bt and a basic apartment in Bangkok can cost as little as 2000 bt a month, then it is not difficult to realise that people can, and do live on these amounts of money coming in.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

You left a 500 baht tip?

My friends down south earn 4000 - 6000 Bath per month, 6 days a week and this how they live (Oh I mean single only).

- Living with parents.

- Lunch 50 Bath max.

- Dinner with parents

- Phone bills 100 max.

Sorry.. forgot to add.

The question is for ppl that have family and not single.

You left a 500 baht tip?

I don't know anyone in Australia that only gets $1200 a month for full time work.....Did you mean $1200 per week?Last i checked the unemployment benefits were not much less then $1200 a month...oh wait,that could be apprentices(First year).

You left a 500 baht tip?

- Living with parents.

- Lunch 50 Bath max.

- Dinner with parents

- Phone bills 100 max.

Sorry.. forgot to add.

The question is for ppl that have family and not single.

Ok..Ex. family :D then double incomes let say 10000 per month.

- Living with parents. (still)

- Utilities bills. 300 per month (mostly only electric bill, we use free water) :D

- Gas 20-50 Bath per day, x 2 so its 100 per day.

- Lunch 100 Bath max.

- Dinner with parents (buy food for parents too apx 2000 per month)

- Phone bills 200 max.

They still able to live and some have kids and parents taking care of their kids.