Not Immigrant B. Please I Need Help.

Hi to everyone.

This is my situation:

I've opened a company on july 2007 and on january 2008 i've got my WP and 1 year visa.

On july 2008 i've sold my company so my WP has been deleted. But my 1 year visa still on my passport and will expiry on 28 january 2009.

So now i have to go out and make a tourist visa but someone told me that i should have some probleme with my Visa because when i've sold the company i lost also my 1 year visa.. Somebody else still tell me that at the airport nobody know that my company has been sold.. and the stamp on my passport still valid..

Please somebody can clear to me this situation and tell me what's gonna happen when i will go out...??

Thanks so much to everybody!!

If you are on an extension of stay from the immigration police in Thailand self your permission to stay has indeed expired when you sold your company and you are on overstay. The fine is 500 a day with a maximum of 20,000 baht.

You can expect to have to pay that, so when you leave I would take that with me just in case.

If immigration will notice you were on overstay is a different case, probably not. If they find out you will simply have to pay 20,000 and that's it. You still can get a new visa and return.

If you have a multiple entry visa (you have to leave the country every 90 days) then you are not on an extension of stay and your permission to stay is still valid.

If you are on an extension of stay from the immigration police in Thailand self your permission to stay has indeed expired when you sold your company and you are on overstay. The fine is 500 a day with a maximum of 20,000 baht.

You can expect to have to pay that, so when you leave I would take that with me just in case.

If immigration will notice you were on overstay is a different case, probably not. If they find out you will simply have to pay 20,000 and that's it. You still can get a new visa and return.

If you have a multiple entry visa (you have to leave the country every 90 days) then you are not on an extension of stay and your permission to stay is still valid.

So it's mean that now i'm overstay of 6 month?? and police can bring me tu the jail?? But on my passport the visa still valid till 28 january 2009.. How they can know that my company has been sold??

An extension is given for a reason, in your case your company. When that reason no longer exist, your permisison to stay ends, regardless of waht the date in your passport says. That is even in the case when you are married to a Thai and your Thai spouse dies.

Yes, technicaly if they find out they can arrest you and detain you till you have paid the fine and have a ticket out of the country. As said, the chance of immigration n\knowing you sold your company are very small. I only tell you what the rules are.

An extension is given for a reason, in your case your company. When that reason no longer exist, your permisison to stay ends, regardless of waht the date in your passport says. That is even in the case when you are married to a Thai and your Thai spouse dies.

Yes, technicaly if they find out they can arrest you and detain you till you have paid the fine and have a ticket out of the country. As said, the chance of immigration n\knowing you sold your company are very small. I only tell you what the rules are.

Thanks. Sure i understand.. My friend have a same situation and he went out 2 times already and came back without problem.. Maybe just lucky or maybe they can't really know about that.. I'm just worried about this so if somebody else made a same mistake of mine please let me know about that..

Thanks so much for help!!

sorry what doest it means??

On my stamp there is write valid untill 28 january 2009..

So??? is it still valid indipendently if my company has been sold??

Yes if it is An ORIGINAL "B" VISA.

No, if it is an EXTENSION OF "B" VISA and the extension is based upon your old company.

Visas and extensions are two separate things with some different rules.

If you don't know for sure, have the 20,000 Baht ready to pay at the airport. There is normally no ongoing consequences if you are discovered AT THE AIRPORT to be on overstay, you pay the fine and exit. Re-entry is normally not a problem.

Avoid being discovered (if on overstay) out in the general public. More consequences in this scenario.

Regards,

Martian

Edited by Martian

Yes if it is THE ORIGINAL "B" VISA.

No, if it is an EXTENSION OF THE "B" VISA based upon your old company.

Regards,

Martian

Ok.. I came inside thailand with 3 month visa not immigrant B. and after i've made the WP and the immigration gave to me 1 year visa.. so i think i have an extention of the original 3 month visa..

So at the airport they will find out about my company and they will charge me 20.000 baht or they just look the stamp and they will let me go out without problem??

Yes if it is THE ORIGINAL "B" VISA.

No, if it is an EXTENSION OF THE "B" VISA based upon your old company.

Regards,

Martian

Ok.. I came inside thailand with 3 month visa not immigrant B. and after i've made the WP and the immigration gave to me 1 year visa.. so i think i have an extention of the original 3 month visa..

So at the airport they will find out about my company and they will charge me 20.000 baht or they just look the stamp and they will let me go out without problem??

Sounds like you have an Extension of stay based upon your old company, which if accurate, means you are on overstay. Non-Imm B's are available only outside the country so you must be on extension. Immigration will most likely find your extension of stay was canceled along with your work permit because that is how it is done and Thailand is technologically advanced enough to have those records computerized and available at immigration when they scan your passport when exiting the country. They probably won't know your company was sold and they don't care, they will only see your extension of stay was canceled and you are on overstay. Be prepared to pay the 20,000 Baht fine at the airport/border crossing and don't attract any undue attention between now and when you exit country. If you have the money, don't sweat it but just don't get caught on the street (highly unlikely) during an overstay.

It most likely will not affect your ability to secure a tourist visa and reenter, just cost you the money upon exit.

Good luck!

Edited by Martian

You have not lost your B visa.

If you do a visa run on the 28th Jan , you will get an extra 3months. You do not need your work permit for that.

He doen't have a B Visa. He had an Extension of stay that has now expired due to his business being no more.

Or that is the way it apears.

"Ok.. I came inside thailand with 3 month visa not immigrant B"

If your information is correct, your Non-Imm B visa ended after 3 months. Visa's don't get extended, they are only a permission to enter within a specified time frame. When you got your work permit and another year's permission to stay, it was/is most likely an EXTENSION of permission to stay (also canceled with your work permit). Your B visa expired after 3 months or upon entry if it was a single entry (used already). The only way you could have departed and re-entered during the first three months is if you purchased a re-entry permit before leaving and re-entered before the original B visa time frame (3 months) expired. Besides, B visas are only available OUTSIDE of Thailand.

Don't confuse a VISA (permission to enter, type based on reason for entering) with and EXTENSION of permission to stay.

Have 20,000 Baht ready at the airport or you could be sorry.

"Ok.. I came inside thailand with 3 month visa not immigrant B"

If your information is correct, your Non-Imm B visa ended after 3 months. Visa's don't get extended, they are only a permission to enter within a specified time frame. When you got your work permit and another year's permission to stay, it was/is most likely an EXTENSION of permission to stay (also canceled with your work permit). Your B visa expired after 3 months or upon entry if it was a single entry (used already). The only way you could have departed and re-entered during the first three months is if you purchased a re-entry permit before leaving and re-entered before the original B visa time frame (3 months) expired. Besides, B visas are only available OUTSIDE of Thailand.

Don't confuse a VISA (permission to enter, type based on reason for entering) with and EXTENSION of permission to stay.

Have 20,000 Baht ready at the airport or you could be sorry.

If they gonna find out the problem and i will pay 20.000 baht do you think that i'll have any problem when i gonna come back to thailand??

I will go to singapore on 25 and will return to thailand on 27 with turist visa..

Also on april 2008 i've made a re-entry because i've been at my country and i came back on 14 may so i have a stamp from bangkok airport valid till 28 january 2009..

Bu i think nothings change.. right??

Thanks.