Immigration Office Moving The Chang Wattana

Went to immigration office yesterday (15 Jan) to renew my non-imm multiple entry visa. During the process was told that the Immigration Office would soon be moving to a much bigger facility at Chang Wattana. Not sure when it will happen but the Pol Capt I was working with on my visa was planning on moving her family to Phatum Thani as soon as she finds suitable housing. Plan for the future.

The building is almost completed and it is said by June it will be open

Is it the building with is only a short distance from the junction with Prachachuen Rd....they are building 'a type of fly over exit' to it

Is this thread saying that the Suan Phlu office is moving to Chaeng Wattana, or is it some other office? If Suan Phlu, is it the entire operation being moved, or just part of it?

• 1 month later...

According to the new Immigration Rules, those people who live in Nonthaburi and Pathumthani, must use Ayuttha, Chonburi or Nakhorn Pathom Immigration offices.

The question being - if the immigration office moves to Chaeng Wattana, which is in Nonthaburi and not Bangkok, can I report there, and what about those people in Bangkok, where do they report to, as there will be no Immigration office in Bangkok.

Chaeng Wattana Rd is half in Bangkok and half in Nonthaburi. There is a sign at about Klong Praphar that says welcome to Bangkok. The New immigration office is on the Bangkok end.

I wonder if the people in Nonthaburi 500 meters away will be allowed to deal with the new office or will they still have to travel several kilometers away to the Nakhon Pathom office. :o

I wonder if the people in Nonthaburi 500 meters away will be allowed to deal with the new office or will they still have to travel several kilometers away to the Nakhon Pathom office. :o

There's an immigration office in Nakhon Pathom? Really? Where is it exactly?

There's an immigration office in Nakhon Pathom? Really? Where is it exactly?

Acording to this you have to go to Samut Sakhon if you live in Nakhon Pathom.

Acording to this you have to go to Samut Sakhon if you live in Nakhon Pathom

Quite. There isn't an immigration office in Nakorn Pathom.

When I went to immigration last month (90 Day report at Lad Phrao) they couldn't decide if I should be sent to Ayutthya or Samut Sakon. They eventually processed my report and told me to go to Suan Phlu next time.

I intend to continue going to Bangkok (Lad Phrao / Suan Phlu / Chaeng Wattana) until they refuse to deal with me and send me elsewhere. Going to either Ayutthya or Samut Sakon is massively inconvenient for me.

Woops I was going by this quote

Foreigners living in Phatum Thani Province, Nonthaburi Province, Chainat Province, Lopburi Province, Saraburi province, Singburi province, Ayutthaya Province and Angtong province can visit either Ayutthaya Immigration, Chonburi Immigration or Nakhon Pathom Immigration offices.

in this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Strict-Immig...l=Nakhon+Pathom

Ayutthaya sounds even more ridiculous but am even more confused because the pdf says nothing about nonthaburi residents lol

..... but am even more confused

Join the club. It's a complete shambles and anyone who claims to understand what's going on hasn't really been listening.

I'm going to carry on going to Bangkok until I am told otherwise and hope that they get their act together in the meantime.