Swift Transfer

Greetings,

My parents will be making a Swift transfer from their Lloyds Bank account to my Bangkok Bank account in the next few weeks, firstly can I ask you wise owls if this if possible? Also will they need to change the money from pounds to baht before they send it or will that be done automatically on the day it's received over here? Any idea of how much Lloyds will charge and also if there will be a charge over here too?

Thanks in advance

Mummy's Boy

Greetings,

My parents will be making a Swift transfer from their Lloyds Bank account to my Bangkok Bank account in the next few weeks, firstly can I ask you wise owls if this if possible? Also will they need to change the money from pounds to baht before they send it or will that be done automatically on the day it's received over here? Any idea of how much Lloyds will charge and also if there will be a charge over here too?

Thanks in advance

Mummy's Boy

Send in Pounds.

Loyds will charge anything between £20-30.

Your bank here will also charge you. Cannot remember how much.

Yes it is possible. All they need is the SWIFT code for your receiving bank and your account number. Some banks will require the exact address of the home branch of your account. If you don't know that, you can find it on the Bangkok Bank website. Definitely send the funds in pounds or you will get raped on the conversion. Assuming you have a baht account the conversion will be done upon arrival in Thailand.

Edited by Jingthing

Greetings,

Thanks in advance

Mummy's Boy

As lite beer has already said send it from the UK in pounds. You will get a better exchange rate if the pounds are changed into Baht inT thailand.As a guide, you should get whatever the rate quoted in Thailand is for travellers cheques on the day your money is changed to Baht.Hope this helps.

Greetings,

Thanks in advance

Mummy's Boy

As lite beer has already said send it from the UK in pounds. You will get a better exchange rate if the pounds are changed into Baht inT thailand.As a guide, you should get whatever the rate quoted in Thailand is for travellers cheques on the day your money is changed to Baht.Hope this helps.

Yes it does, thanks everyone. Although there's some very cute girls who work in my local Bangkok Bank branch so getting raped might not be too bad!