British Passport For Son

Hi reserched a little bit on this subject but dont want to make a waisted journey to the Embassy so could anyone tell me the requirements to make a passport for my son.

I am a British citizan & his mum Thai, we are married and registerd married at the Amphur, the marriage certificate is in Thai also my sons birth certificate is in Thai and I am named as the father, I do not have my birth certificate with me is this a problem?

do I need to translate both the birth & marriage certs and get them certified also is it still possible to get the passport without my birth certificate.

any info I have not enquired about that I need to know? Just to add I will be making dual passports Thai & British the Thai side should be straight forward I hope, any info on the Thai side of things I should know? do I need house book? what about photos?

is it possible to get a same day passport if not how long does it usually take?

will be going monday so please reply asap

Hi reserched a little bit on this subject but dont want to make a waisted journey to the Embassy so could anyone tell me the requirements to make a passport for my son.

I am a British citizan & his mum Thai, we are married and registerd married at the Amphur, the marriage certificate is in Thai also my sons birth certificate is in Thai and I am named as the father, I do not have my birth certificate with me is this a problem?

do I need to translate both the birth & marriage certs and get them certified also is it still possible to get the passport without my birth certificate.

any info I have not enquired about that I need to know? Just to add I will be making dual passports Thai & British the Thai side should be straight forward I hope, any info on the Thai side of things I should know? do I need house book? what about photos?

is it possible to get a same day passport if not how long does it usually take?

will be going monday so please reply asap

You will need your birth certificate and it needs to be the full one, not the short version. This is the main proof that you have the right to pass on your citizenship to your children.

You will not get the passport on the same day. You will need to leave an address for them to send it to. It will arrive about 2 weeks after you apply.

"You will need the birth certificate, as that is the proof you are the father and by that way your son is British. You first need to register your child."

The OP's question was about his own birth certificate, not his sons.

Answered by CharlieB

Confirmed you need your long birth certificate without this you will not be able to do it.

Thanks for the replies looks like I wont be doing the passport trip then, will bring my birth certificate when i come back in march, thought my passport would be enough, anyway can do it on my next trip. :o