Changing Jobs

I am a teacher and i have all the required documents (work permit etc.) I have been offeed a much improved job and am keen to accept. But what do i need to do in order to change visa's as i know my current visa will die the moment i switch jobs.

Last time i changed jobs a rather curt immigration lady explained that i needed a letter confirming my cancellation of my current contract / job and then when i produced it - cancalled my visa there and then, explained i had to now leave the country or get a 7 day extension and leave the country. And if i did this ever again i wouldn't be issued with a new non B.

Can this be right?

I don't want to change jobs and then have no chance of getting a new non imm B etc.

Edited by jonclark

No, it is not the case that you will never again get a new non-B. Don't know hwy she said that. Don't worry.

You need to apply for a new workpermit as soon as possible and have al papers for that ready, so when your job ends you can apply for a new WP with your new employer and based on that ask for another one year extension of stay at immigration.

So cancel your permission to stay at immigration and get a 7 day extension, apply for the new WP, and get a new extension of stay for 1 year. Can al be done in 7 days for a teacher, but make sure your new employerr has all the papers ready.

If you are on good terms with your current employer an the new employer is in the same labour office area, you can ask your old employer to agree that the new employer wil be added to your WP, before you switch jobs. Then take a month unpaid leave and start wrking for the new employer. After that month cancel your job with the old employer and you still have a valid WP and permisison to stay.

No, it is not the case that you will never again get a new non-B. Don't know hwy she said that. Don't worry.

You need to apply for a new workpermit as soon as possible and have al papers for that ready, so when your job ends you can apply for a new WP with your new employer and based on that ask for another one year extension of stay at immigration.

So cancel your permission to stay at immigration and get a 7 day extension, apply for the new WP, and get a new extension of stay for 1 year. Can al be done in 7 days for a teacher, but make sure your new employerr has all the papers ready.

If you are on good terms with your current employer an the new employer is in the same labour office area, you can ask your old employer to agree that the new employer wil be added to your WP, before you switch jobs. Then take a month unpaid leave and start wrking for the new employer. After that month cancel your job with the old employer and you still have a valid WP and permisison to stay.

Thanks for the update and info!