Usa Visa Appointments Online

Anyone with experience please?

Maybe you can answer this question.

I was helping a friend trying to apply for a US visa. Things seemed to be rolling along Ok with the system online and we got to the log in section with the purchased pin number, went through the various screens and got to the appointment calendar and tried numerous times to schedule an appointment on the system but every time we get to the calendar page that is supposed to show available dates in a green color we never would see any green dates even scrolling ahead 2 or 3 months. If we stayed at the Jan./Feb. calendar we would see the unavailable dates (orange) up til about 19 Feb but no green available dates what-so-ever.

Has anyone used this website to set up and appointment? What is the next course of action? If you try to call them you need to buy another pin number.

Any answer is a plus here. :o

Thanks

I was helping a friend trying to apply for a US visa. Things seemed to be rolling along Ok with the system online and we got to the log in section with the purchased pin number, went through the various screens and got to the appointment calendar and tried numerous times to schedule an appointment on the system but every time we get to the calendar page that is supposed to show available dates in a green color we never would see any green dates even scrolling ahead 2 or 3 months. If we stayed at the Jan./Feb. calendar we would see the unavailable dates (orange) up til about 19 Feb but no green available dates what-so-ever.

Has anyone used this website to set up and appointment? What is the next course of action? If you try to call them you need to buy another pin number.

Thanks

My experience end of last year was that they only show availability or no availability for about 2 weeks ahead.

Keep login on and the next availability 2 weeks + 1 day should show up

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

My experience end of last year was that they only show availability or no availability for about 2 weeks ahead.

Keep login on and the next availability 2 weeks + 1 day should show up

Good luck

When I setup my appoint last week, the first time I looked there were no appoints at ALL. but I emailed and they said try again. Then I went back and there were appointments available T-Th 2 weeks out. The online wait time, says there's only a 1 day wait for visa appointments. So try again.

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't address your problem but if you need to go to the US Consulate before April read the following off their website,

Walk-in non-emergency service will continue during normal American Citizen Service hours until March 31, 2009. The first appointment-based services will be available Tuesday February 10, 2009.

A few weeks have passed on this and all is sorted out and my wife's aunt got an appointment and she now has a 10 year visa to the US.

Not sure if my writing emails to the Visa services folks got their attention but magically some appointment times opened up.

I still feel the system is rather poor but now for the aunt its over and done.

• 1 year later...

Trying to get tourist visa for wife. Filled in and submitted e-form DS160. Received confirmation, no problem. Then went online to purchase a pin number and schedule an appointment. After purchasing the pin number and setting up an online account there is some personal information that has to be submitted in order to make an appointment online. One of the questions asks if you have ever had a U.S. visa. Check on "yes" and you are asked for the type or class of visa and when it was issued. Here's the problem. There is no option for a K-1 visa on the subject menu. My wife had one last year, we went to U.S. got married but she decided she didn't want to stay. So we cannot truthfully answer the question. The other problem is that if I indicate on the form that she has not had a visa before, the website will not let me proceed to the next page, saying I must first correct the errors on the page. There are no errors, I have triple checked and retyped the info several times. The consulate (Bangkok) has not yet responded to my e-mail about the problem.

Anyone else having problems with this website? It's called Visapoint.

Hmmmm, rather than waiting for the interview time to "own up" verbally, I think it'd be better to have a very short one para explanation of having a K-1 earlier and that the visa application form doesn't fit that situation. You might include a copy of your email(s) to the Cons on this, too.

BTW, I've not looked at the form but if the question asks what kind of visa was applied for in the past, a K-1 is a Non-Immigrant visa, I believe, so, yes, she'd previously had one.

Non-Immigrant Visas - U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Thailand

NONIMMIGRANT MRV VISA APPLICATION FEES

d) K category nonimmigrant visa

xxxxxxxxxxx

Ah, yes, a K-1 is an NIV.

Mac

A suggestion would be to not check the answer "yes" about visas and when your wife gets to the interview then own up and say the web site had a problem there and explain it. I don't think this will be a huge hurdle.

Yes that is exactly what they advised me to do, but when I changed the entry, again I was unable to proceed to the next page. Another email to them and was told the applicants name had to be in capital letters. So I changed the letters to capitals. Same thing. I sent them an attachment showing the error page from the application and was told everything seems to be in order and they are investigating. Lousy website. I have even tried using another computer, thinking maybe mine had a problem. Same thing. Maybe the best thing would have been to use the telephone service instead of online.

Finally got an appointment scheduled on line. My advice to anyone using this online service is to be persistant if you have problems. It took 6-7 email exchanges but finally got everything straightened out.