Just Had A Great Hamburger

dbTraveler

i wonder if i am the one who's confused or you guys are

YES FREEDOM BAR

then you mention charlie's

apples and bananas

Tell you the best way to find it, notafruitsalad...

Go to Freedom bar, ask to speak to Charlie. Tell him you want a burger, and then ask him to draw you a map to "New Big Mikes".

He will sort you out.

You need a new screen name.

How about notasmartfella, or isafreggintard.

Think before you post!

Jason

HA !!

My suggestion for his new screen name sharp-as-a-marble

Stevie-Q screwed up my order!

I would buy this place just to put it out of its misery, and that flattop, fridge and etc would look great on the wall in my bar next to that big 4 ft. 1/2 burger sign Mike made!

50,000bht for the Old Big Mikes sign! Someone tell steve !

Jason

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mike moved back to his country and steve o isnt run by this "crazy guy" all the old guys are talking about. its mostly ran by some random thai and the old thai cook(woman)

They still taste the SAME, xcept they have a new menu, but everyday if you order anything but a burger(half the menu are hotdogs) you get a 'no have'

- i want corndog

- 1 burger comin

-ok then i want chicken wings

- ok 2 burger comin

then it keeps going on and on untill you explain to them you didnt say the word burger

I was with ELEVEN PEOPLE when our Dive Trip got cancelled due to weather. Everyone was hungry and we decided on Big Mike's.

( I am going to call it that until they take down and relpace all the signs. Talk about Cheap!)

We made an order and asked for delivery at 4:pm and they said nope, not until 6pm. It was a big order, but she refused to take it.

Later that night, I told my b/f about it and he got all needy for a chili dog. Made the order, wrote it down, sent the house boy, and

they messed it up. It said: 2 Chili Dogs, 1 French Fry. He got 1 Chili Dog, 1 Hot Dog with Bacon on it??? and 1 Fry.

This guy needs to RUN HIS OWN PLACE!!! He got the work permit! Why doesn't he work?

I vote to boycott the place until HE GETS ON THE GRILL!!! This is not fair to the Thai's or to the people who really loved big mike!!!

Rum Jungle? Steve is Cooking Charlie's? Ailsa is cooking, Losteria Papa is cooking (or was)

I am done with Burger Threads.

Cya

~a~

I have been to mike's place over 50 times since last year and no order has ever been messed up.

Mike's place has GREAT tasting burgers and hotdogs, they're fast and they make it with REAL american style appliance. This is one of the only acceptable business i have seen in thailand over more than 2 years.

Edited by LivinginKata
Unnecessary remarks removed

I have been to mike's place over 50 times since last year and no order has ever been messed up.

Mike's place has GREAT tasting burgers and hotdogs, they're fast and they make it with REAL american style appliance. This is one of the only acceptable business i have seen in thailand over more than 2 years

I would wager multiple beers if gambling was acceptable that you have not eaten in any of these places. I'd also take the posters opinions as reliable over anything you said anyday.

I bet you also think Buffalo in Patong is great for steaks (it was horrible. In fact I intend to post the picture as to how horrible the food is. Yes I have evidence. Inedible sirloin steaks that were all gristle and highly doubtful if even sirloin. My friend didn't eat his after 2 bites. I took it home as salvage.)

So what is happening at Steve-eo's ? Is Steve (from Arizona) being referred to as the new Big Mike ? The thread is becoming confusing. Are the hamburgers good ?

Does anyone know what happened to Big (fat) Mike ?

Hi Bob.

In answer to your question, yes this Is Steve (ex-Scotties) that they are referring to.

It's all getting a bit heated from what I can see.

I did here that Hampton (Flaming todd) wanted to buy this from Big Mike, but he refussed to sell It to him. Not sure whether that's correct.

Edited by patong6

I did here that Hampton (Flaming todd) wanted to buy this from Big Mike, but he refussed to sell It to him. Not sure whether that's correct.

Funny post!

I am at Freedom Bar with Todd and Hampton.

Hampton is banned from TV and Todd has never offered to buy a greasey burger joint considering his current business, and Mike would have sold to anyone, hence the current owner.

Patong6 is Steve-O!

Nice try!

I eat at mike's or stevo's or whatever it is called these days and gotta say the burgers aren't too bad and the location is convenient enough. I'm sure it's possible that they screw up orders sometime, but show me one restaurant in phuket that doesn't.

The biggest screw up I have experienced at the place was back Big Mike first opened the place and had a bunch of ex-bargirls working there. They just finished cooking some Plah Chem in the deep fat fryer right before they put my fries in. Tasted horrible to say the least and the entire bag of food got thrown in the trash. Haven't had that problem since the new owner took over and the staff are always extra friendly to me. The kid with the tattoos seems to be getting the hang of it now. Beats the hel_l out of BK and McDonalds if u ask me(both of which are nowhere near chalong).

Haven't tried Charlie's yet since it's kinda out of the way for me. Burgers to me are fast food that I typically won't go out of my way for. The burgers look pretty dam_n good in those pics though. Next time I am down there I will give them a try.

I hope both burger joints survive, the more options the better if u ask me.

Patong6 is Steve-O!

Nice try!

Don't think he is

quote from Patong6

Hi Bob.

If you see my earlier note, you'll see that's the latest I have on your old bar. Hasn't really changed much. I'm still In communication with Steve, pretty much on a daily basis by mail. How shall I get his mail address to you??

From a history point, It would be Interesting to know more about the original Scottie. Any Ideas as to his original name, and when he palyed for Leicester, and what period he had the bar etc etc etc. Who had It prior to him?

Let me know.

The Wolfe Burger at Charlie's Diner (Freedom Bar) with back bacon and cheese rules the Burger Universe in Phuket... NO COMPETITION!!

BTW <deleted>'s up with CanuckLin? You are young and naive, and a little ting-tong to think we or anyone else cares about your salary...

Can any Hamburger lovers answer the questions I asked two posts ago ? It only takes going to Steve-eo's having a beer - if you don't want a hamburger that is.

Hi Bob, how's thing?

In answer to your question, Meeaow Is still working at your old bar, but I am unsure about Noi.

I'll try and find out for you.

im not sure yet about the burger at charlie's but a friend of mine got me some of em fries made by some alcoholic woman and they were pretty awful. basically they take potatoes. they cut them, soak them in fat and put them in the microwave for 10secs to get the warm but uncooked.

tasted like old bread. very flourish

Can any Hamburger lovers answer the questions I asked two posts ago ? It only takes going to Steve-eo's having a beer - if you don't want a hamburger that is.

Called in to Stevos a few days ago to give the breakfast a try. Very good value bacon sausage potatoes eggs beans tomato toast and a coffee. All for about 150b Got to say could cut back on the fried potatoes way to many