Football Teams Phuket

yeastside

Hi there

Im new to the forum and recently moved to Phuket with my friend for at least 6 months and would love to get into playing football.

Is there anyone out there looking for a couple of players for their team or just short of numbers for a kick about?

I have also seen the soccer 7's tournaments that are to be held in Phuket in Feb so if anyone is looking to enter a team and want a striker and midfielder to play in their team then please get in contact. I also read on another forum that there is always a kick about at Sai Nam Yen school in Patong most nights, does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance

Don't know about Phuket but i play on Samui in a League ( 5 A Side ) & it's friendly as we all know each other but it's also very competetive & there was half a punch up last week, if you can call it that !!

Both Mancs i may add... :o

Used to go to football practice about 5 years back up at Phuket's International school 'Dulwich' (changed names now) I think its Britsh Internation School.

Always had a good turn out on a Wednesday evening. I think they had a teacher from Dulwich organise it and it was a good mix of expats and locals playing. Its a bit fo a drive for most as near the Boat Lagoon.

I would guess they still organize this and also have a team?

I Haven't played much the past few years and also looking for teams on Phuket to have a kick about with.

Don't know about Phuket but i play on Samui in a League ( 5 A Side ) & it's friendly as we all know each other but it's also very competetive & there was half a punch up last week, if you can call it that !!

Both Mancs i may add... :o

5 A side in Samui - I might be interested - when and where is it ?

• 2 weeks later...
not the greatest response ever.

surley must people out there playing in Phuket on a regular basis?

Yes there are.

Usually practice 3 times a week.

Travelling to tournaments everywhere, even won a few!

They have a website, but i cannot post a link here.

Go to google and search for "football phuket".

And it should be the first link there.

They have an e-mail address listed on that site.

Or you could send me a message here, and i will hook you up.

Used to go to football practice about 5 years back up at Phuket's International school 'Dulwich' (changed names now) I think its Britsh Internation School.

Always had a good turn out on a Wednesday evening. I think they had a teacher from Dulwich organise it and it was a good mix of expats and locals playing. Its a bit fo a drive for most as near the Boat Lagoon.

I would guess they still organize this and also have a team?

I Haven't played much the past few years and also looking for teams on Phuket to have a kick about with.

Now happens on a Tue at 5pm though they will be on holiday after next week for about two weeks.

• 1 month later...

there's pickup at 6pm everyday at the park at the end of Karon beach. All Thai players - pretty quick and skilled- but seemed chill with foreigners jumping in. My friend and I (both girls) jumped in a few times and it was cool.

on pavement with little goals. wear sneakers.

gorgeous sunsets while playing by the way.