Need Advice From Fellow Bikers

CroBiker

Most of us use mesh or leather jackets when going for longer rides on Sport and Touring bikes.

Still, those jackets are kind of too hot for day drive and I am looking into some other options.

Here in California sport bikers using pressure suit armor and they are incredibly popular. Never owned it before and thinking of bringing one to Thailand. I tried it and feel very comfortable. However, air temperature was 60-70 fahrenheit.

Anyone used these in Thailand? How does it feel at 90 degrees (over 30C)?

Here are few pics, price range from $140-$300.

72-0493PressureSuit_lg.jpg

72-0498CompSuit_lg.jpg

BIONIC%20JK%202%20BLK_RED%20FR_lg.jpg

Although its a very different type of armour, I used to wear MX gear similar and vent shirts very light and breathable when working hard.. I suspect this would be the most lightweight yet safe option out there, I know a German guy who straps on a set like this when out..

Less than flattering for those who are not a slim build tho..

It's not a bad option, and once you've got the armor on and you're moving it's pretty comfortable.

One issue I've noticed is that it can be difficult to get on in hot weather if you're already sweating. If you don't wear a long sleeve shirt underneath the material can be rather 'sticky'.

I wear an armored mesh jacket on hot days, and a proper leather jacket during the cool season.

I like the integrated kidney belts in the examples you've shown.

Happy Trails!

It's not a bad option, and once you've got the armor on and you're moving it's pretty comfortable.

One issue I've noticed is that it can be difficult to get on in hot weather if you're already sweating. If you don't wear a long sleeve shirt underneath the material can be rather 'sticky'.

I wear an armored mesh jacket on hot days, and a proper leather jacket during the cool season.

I like the integrated kidney belts in the examples you've shown.

Happy Trails!

Yeah Tony, it looks to me as best option for daytime weather. But as LL said, having spare tyre around the waist makes it look awkwad :o ....luckily I lost weight....

The white one is only 140 bucks with local shipping, can't believe how cheap it is.

Bah, wear leather all the time; if you get too hot you're going to slowly. :o

But to add to what Tony said, get one of those Underarmor hotwear shirts. They're great for wickin away sweat and so light the weight makes it feel like you don't have anything on...but make sure you get one that's a size or two bigger than you need otherwise it will exacerbate your sex machine's gas tank.

Cro, I hate to be hot too, I found a site that tested 10 different jackets for warm weather. You might want to look, its http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessori...ison/index.html

Fonzie use to wear a Bonds T-shirt....they're cheap as well, but as useful as an ashtry on a R1 on trackday when the wheels point the wrong way up!

Edited by neverdie

Cro, I hate to be hot too, I found a site that tested 10 different jackets for warm weather. You might want to look, its http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessori...ison/index.html

Fonzie use to wear a Bonds T-shirt....they're cheap as well, but as useful as an ashtry on a R1 on trackday when the wheels point the wrong way up!

Oh, I got half a dozen mesh and leather jackets already....Anyway, just purchased the white one that appears in opening post.

Submaniac, that is interesting concept but as name suggests, good for desert rally rides etc. In case of fall, you go down in sand and no injuries suffered but on concrete or asphalt road you're gone.

Submaniac, that is interesting concept but as name suggests, good for desert rally rides etc. In case of fall, you go down in sand and no injuries suffered but on concrete or asphalt road you're gone.

Oh, no no no no. The Sahara vest goes UNDERNEATH a mesh jacket, it's not a replacement for a jacket. You soak it in water and put the vest on. You put the mesh jacket over the vest. The airflow through the mesh jacket hits the Sahara vest and cools you off. I've never tried it but the article I linked to says it works. Then again you could just spritz a little water on your jacket before you ride too, and that has the same effect.

I know most of the company's who make those armored vest sell the knee,elbow and butt pads seperately.How about buying those pads and have them sewed into your regular vest and pants?

Have a very nice seamstress lady over the road who's currently copying the RJays mesh jackets pictured in my avatar. Armour from Yellow Corn courtesy Fast corner, Chiang mai. Also including zip-in waterproof liner and she's quoted me 5,000b all in. Not bad for tailor made? Been so hapy with those over the last few years (even keeping cool while just wandering around due to keeping the sun off), decided to go for a copy rather than buy similar and be disappointed!

I have just purchased one of these from Alpinestar. It comes with a removeable winter liner for when you maybe up North. Good padding for the elbows and shoulders and very comfortable. I have yet to wear it in anger as i'm still away on work but a mate of mine in KL has one and he rates it for hot climates given the protection it provides.

post-10566-1233131529_thumb.jpg

For me I wear jacket leathers and leg armour when out touring, when in a town or city its the lightweight jacket and sometimes the leg armour.

Biker Leathers are the way forward, a good middle-ground. Just make sure you get proper leathers with the reinforced sections in the jacket

Yeah RC, I got one and it is a great deal but still hot when stuck in traffic on island rides here in Phuket. Great solution for highways though.
I do like perforated leather.

I have worn the jacket for 2 days now and strangely find it no hotter than the Komine mesh though I haven't been stuck in midday traffic with it yet. I like the added protection of leather and it also looks a helluva lot better. The Alpinestars Octane gloves are coming and I'll take a look at the Sidi Vertigo Air boots at Paddock. The non-air ones are okay but do get rather hot.

Now's a great time to get Vertigo boots, since the Vortice is the new model and they'd be trying to get rid of the old lot.

If you have the money though, Puma's 1000 boots are some of the safest of the lot. They have them listed at 118bike.com but they're probably not the best for air flow :o

Edited by Zzinged

Anyone here wear Draggin Jeans? Got any comments on them?

Friend of my has it, incredible stuff!

I don't have the "Draggin Jeans". I do have the Teknics kevlar Jeans, and a pair of Icon Hooligan aramid riding jeans. I like them. Have not crashed in them (knock on wood) so I can't vouch for how they would withstand an accident. They fit great, and look great. Most people wouldn't know they are motorcycle specific gear (look like regular jeans). I do not think they are as tough as my armored leather pants, but am pretty sure they are better than the regular jeans I would ordinarily wear. Nice compromise between safety and ease of use (not a pain in the ass or as hot as leathers).