One Year Visa B? Where To Get It?

Hi everybody!

I am located in Samui and need to renew my visa B non imm in 2 weeks.

We've has until now a 3 months visa issued in Penang with no problem.

We now wnat to apply for a 1 year visa and heard Penang only delivers them to companies with 8M THB capital (which we have not!).

We were told to go to Kota Baru, the only problem is that we have a 10 months baby and cannot think of taking him on a 12 hours bus trip (plus the trip back!)

If we were sure to get the one year visa, we would be ok to pay more and fly to wherever needed (in South East Asia, I mean:-)

Could you tell me if you know anything about Lao, Cambodia? Burma???

I also checked the flights Koh Samui- Penang (or Subang) and then kota Baru, possible thing to do though not convenient at all as flights schedule really don't match!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Hi everybody!

I am located in Samui and need to renew my visa B non imm in 2 weeks.

We've has until now a 3 months visa issued in Penang with no problem.

We now wnat to apply for a 1 year visa and heard Penang only delivers them to companies with 8M THB capital (which we have not!).

We were told to go to Kota Baru, the only problem is that we have a 10 months baby and cannot think of taking him on a 12 hours bus trip (plus the trip back!)

If we were sure to get the one year visa, we would be ok to pay more and fly to wherever needed (in South East Asia, I mean:-)

Could you tell me if you know anything about Lao, Cambodia? Burma???

I also checked the flights Koh Samui- Penang (or Subang) and then kota Baru, possible thing to do though not convenient at all as flights schedule really don't match!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

The easiest way is to contact Siam Legal, for approx AU$500 they take care of everything and you would not need to fly anywhere, just check out their site.

You would only need to post your passport to them and they will take care of the rest. I know its available for UK, USA EURO and AU citizens for sure, but see the site for more info

The easiest way is to contact Siam Legal, for approx AU$500 they take care of everything and you would not need to fly anywhere, just check out their site.

You would only need to post your passport to them and they will take care of the rest. I know its available for UK, USA EURO and AU citizens for sure, but see the site for more info

I don't think this applies to his situation since he's already in Thailand. I would follow Ubonjoe's or Lite Beer's advice.

Edited by Maestro
Reduced quoted text - Maestro

That would be illegal from inside Thailand.

Gents, I don't quite understand the OP's situation, but if he has a non imm B visa and a work permit and meets all the requirements that are needed for renewal, then why can this not be done within Thailand?

In my own case for instance, I was issued with a single entry non imm B visa in Singapore in July 2004 and have never renewed this particular visa outside of Thailand since, basically I have to go to the one stop visa place in BKK every year, renew the work permit and then have a new multiple re-entry permit (non immigrant) stamped in the passport. The extension of stay for another year is automatic.

BTW At the time of getting the non imm B visa in Singapore, I was told by the Thai Embassy there that it is possible only to get a single entry visa when it is required for applying for the work permit, as the extension etc. must be done in Thailand?

Gents, I don't quite understand the OP's situation, but if he has a non imm B visa and a work permit and meets all the requirements that are needed for renewal, then why can this not be done within Thailand?

In my own case for instance, I was issued with a single entry non imm B visa in Singapore in July 2004 and have never renewed this particular visa outside of Thailand since, basically I have to go to the one stop visa place in BKK every year, renew the work permit and then have a new multiple re-entry permit (non immigrant) stamped in the passport. The extension of stay for another year is automatic.

BTW At the time of getting the non imm B visa in Singapore, I was told by the Thai Embassy there that it is possible only to get a single entry visa when it is required for applying for the work permit, as the extension etc. must be done in Thailand?

Many people are unable to meet the requirements to get an extension at immigration. But are able to meet the requirements to get a multiple entry B visa.