Non-emmigrant Ed Visa In Phnom Penh(easy To Get)

:D :D i just got my NON-IMMIGRANT ED visa for my Thai language school from Cambodia. reading all the stories about the difficulties of getting the ed visa,how they take long time to give out and how unfriendly the staffs at the embassy are, i thought "as a young black(African) guy i am in for it"but they proved me wrong.

i went there early in the morning(8:10am) and they open at 8:30am. i patiently waited till they were ready. i filled 3 visa forms with 3pics as they stated in thier website and my documents from my school, i gave it in(very friendly lady)counter 2. she gave me back 2 visa forms with 2pics"they needed only one.she told me to wait and i waited for about an hour while she glanced through my documents and she called me,gave almost half my documents back and told me to pay 65 u.s dollars and got a receipt back with appointment date the next day, and she told me again,"come tomorrow @ 3-4pm for your passport".

the next day i went around 3:30pm and gave my receipt to counter 1,a man. he gave my passport to me and my visa was in without stating anything like,dont apply in phnom pehn again" which i was expecting because most of the people who got visa from Cambodia says they write it in the passport.

am very happy all went well so easily and simple without being asked any questions. WELL I PROVIDED AS MUCH DOCUMENTS AS POSSIBLE INCLUDING NATIONAL ID AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE. thankx guys. i recommend phnom pehn to anyone who is applying for ED VISA. :o

For USD 65, this musht have been a single entry non-ED visa and I am adding as such to my list.

Yes, there has been a change for the better at Phnom Penh. Nobody has reported why, perhaps the consul has changed, who knows.

--

Maestro

@ brunnette 

Thanks for this information !

Can you please explain what kind of documents they took from you? ( I mean those that they really want )

I'll try to apply this ED visa soon and I'm not sure to have all requesting documents that they ask in their website, so to avoid loosing time and money, it will be great to know !  :D

Thanks in advance for your reply  :o

@ brunnette 

Thanks for this information !

Can you please explain what kind of documents they took from you? ( I mean those that they really want )

I'll try to apply this ED visa soon and I'm not sure to have all requesting documents that they ask in their website, so to avoid loosing time and money, it will be great to know !  :D

Thanks in advance for your reply  :o

Ok for me, i took my documents from my school,passport and photocopy of it and a copy of birth certificate. what they said in their website is for combodia citizens who want to study in thailand, so just check what you can give and give it in. there is no complications. what they need most is the documents from your school.