With Less Money, Thaksin Lives A Costly Life Abroad

george

I understand Taksin is the enemy for THAI PEOPLE, but i dont understand why is also one ENEMY for some farang...what him do to you(all politician do the same everywere in the world)?

What is he to do with us ? Farangs living here would surely sometimes have been affected, by some of the changes under the two TRT-governments ? The social & economic changes, for good or bad, and changes to Immigration-policy, for example.

I do feel that his on-going campaign since the coup, in the international media, affects overseas perceptions of Thailand where I live.

Certainly the Thai members of my own extended-family here, were affected by him, so I would have an opinion about him. Not necessarily 'hate', more disgust at his frequent misuse of his public position, for personal gain, which feeling I also have for many other politicans elsewhere too. Not all politicians everywhere are corrupt or nepotistic, and even if they were, I hope that I would still condemn it !

Why do you hate him so much like him kill your family?

Oceano, you seem to be assuming, that none of the three thousand killed, in the War on Drugs, or the thousands of Thai citizens killed down South, had a farang relative-by-marriage ?

Share whit me about this so i can understand and i can hate him like you,

tanks

love and peace.

A : Even I announced withdraw, people are still fighting because people think it's unfair. injustice Even I die ,they will fight on.

Somehow Thaksin seems to have forgotten, that he has frequently announced his withdrawl from Thai politics, perhaps he has memory problems as he ages ? Personally I believe that, if he were to stop funding the fight & political-parties in Thailand, then only a few people might still fight-on over the unfairness & injustice of it all.

my comments in red above.

Ditto Ricardo's comments about why farang's who care for Thailand might despise Thaksin, but I would like to add that there is another reason beyond his despicable actions, (which were not only corrupt but also murderous), why I personally revile the man. It is the fact that, Thaksin single handedly has done more to divide Thailand as a nation than any other person I can think of. It might be excusable if he was a true patriot and was doing if for some imagined "greater good", but anyone who knows Thaksin well enough, will know that he does what he does for his own selfish ends and is a master manipulator of the people, taking the utmost advantage of the poorest and least educated people in society to further his own goals.

Finally, his game plan seems to have come unstuck, but we know from his gambling nature that he will not give up until he's either bahtless or under the sod. He was prepared to break up his marriage, go for bust with many business deals (which are mostly going tits up these days thank goodness) and alienate many former friends for his own profit and glory, so why should he give up now? For that reason, we have every reason to be wary and cynical about his every move as for sure he is still plotting and planning a comeback. :o

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta feel sorry for the guy, to be backstabbed and betrayed by so many people . reminds me of the war in iraq , it sounded good at the time and many people were exctited at the smell of blood but look at the mess down the road.

Gotta wonder why so many people closest to him turned against him. Chamlong, Sondhi, Sonthi, Newin, even his wife divorced him. What does that tell you about his character?

only that he once put trust in the wrong people. his biggest mistake was appointing general sondhi as the army chief. Has he not made this critical mistake, things may have ended up better for Thailand, who knows.

So, a man who built up a multi billion dollar empire is a bad judge of character? These are people from different backgrounds, the only common denominator is Thaksin. Why can't you admit that every one who gets close to him either gets ripped off by him, or comes to realise that he covets power and money more than human life and friendship. You are however correct in saying that his biggest mistake was to appoint Sonthi (not Sondhi) as the army chief. I'm sure he would have appointed his maid or driver if he could have, but it was fortunate for Thailand that he chose Sonthi. With the army in his pocket the country would eventually have become a Singapore clone. I'll bet, or at least hope, that Thakky lies awake at night regretting that mistake.

I go back in my office.

good bye.

Fox

Believe all you want. Just do it quietly, for the sake of the country. Your red shirt friends have decided to start hitting monks with foot clappers. Care to defend that O?

Thaksin made the trains run on time, did he not?

Edited by OriginalPoster

I go back in my office.

good bye.

Fox

Believe all you want. Just do it quietly, for the sake of the country. Your red shirt friends have decided to start hitting monks with foot clappers. Care to defend that O?

Thaksin made the trains run on time, did he not?

No

What he did was rape the country for the benefit of his family and cronies, leaving a trail of dead bodies, broken laws, and reduced freedoms in his wake.

I go back in my office.

good bye.

Fox

i like people like you.

You read only a part of one post and then you said your funny ending of the story.

Or you like flame someone for fight . for lose time.....i think you have so much and you are bored...

Is the last time i try to show the "TRUTH" after that i never answer i live you in your World'

Ok Look 4 post before this and read what i write...i repeat for you:

"PS: im not interessed in politics, i never be friend whit Mr.t and i dont care about him for nothings"

I write that in the post that flame you agaist me or not?

Can you understand that?( if not i try to write in better english).

Now can be friends?

PS: if i dont understand why some people hate thaksin, and i ask why, dont mean I LIKE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont care about so I ASK WHY YOU HATE HIM SO MUCH! for understand!!!!!!!

Now please live quite i have a report from Cupertino about some strange fact....UFO or not UFO????

You will know in the next episode" Red is everywere around us".

:o:D

Edited by oceano

I go back in my office.

good bye.

Fox

i like people like you.

You read only a part of one post and then you said your funny ending of the story.

Or you like flame someone for fight . for lose time.....i think you have so much and you are bored...

Is the last time i try to show the "TRUTH" after that i never answer i live you in your World'

"PS: im not interessed in politics, i never be friend whit Mr.t and i dont care about him for nothings"

Now can be friends?

PS: if i dont understand why some people hate thaksin, and i ask why, dont mean I LIKE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now please live quite i have a report from Cupertino about some strange fact....UFO or not UFO????

I notice you didn't answer my question, lol.

Actually it was predicted that the winter could get so cold on the highest Thai mountains that there very well could be snow in Thailand this year. Didn't hear of snow but there definitely was a lot of frost on the high peaks.

1353jpgt1232774055829.jpg

Thaksin thanks fans for offering him money

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said thanks to his supporter for offering to raise funds for him after hearing that he had run out of money.

"I was very happy and had to hold back my tears when leaning that poor Thais want to raise funds and remit the money to me," Thaksin said during a live talk programme on DTV, by making a phone in.

"Please don't worry as I can still help myself. I have friends who help me and lend me money. But having to travel all the time cost me a lot."

Thaksin earlier gave an interview to a Japanese newspaper that he had run out of wealth.

The hosts of the satellite TV programme told Thaksin that the report prompted Thais, who still love him, to plan to raise money to help him.

- The Nation / 2009-01-25

gotta feel sorry for the guy, to be backstabbed and betrayed by so many people . reminds me of the war in iraq , it sounded good at the time and many people were exctited at the smell of blood but look at the mess down the road.

you gotta be fricking kidding man. thaksin is a criminal, and even if he got backstabbed (which i refuse to believe, in my opinion he just got what he had coming anyway) he'd still deserve prosecution for the things he did, and that's that. if it had been average joe committing his crimes he would have disappeared behind bars a long time ago. only his money kept him from facing the music so far, and LUCKILY it's running out now.

I go back in my office.

good bye.

Fox

i like people like you.

Now can be friends?

I notice you didn't answer my question, lol.

i answer.....but if you do like this i start to be friend whit the red..if all yellow are like you.

So want fight ok.....but for the moderator ...hiim start ok?

I dont like politics, i dont like yellow or red, i dont care you and politics idea, i dont care thaksin.

have a nice day lady.

post-31264-1232878877_thumb.jpg

post-31264-1232878918_thumb.jpg

post-31264-1232878935_thumb.jpg

post-31264-1232878951_thumb.jpg

post-31264-1232878967_thumb.jpg

...and next time you try fight whit me....i call me friend......him take care Vampire same you.......

:o One of your friends from Boystown? :D

You like big size same him dont you?...jealous that is my friend and you cant have him.......dont worry lady i send to you in PM him phone number. :D

A different view:

Thaksin seeks justice, criticises govt

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 25/01/2009 at 12:23 PM

Deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra made a phone call to a talk show on the Democracy Television (DTV) on Sunday morning, and he vowed to fight injustice whether in heaven or hel_l.

During the show, he wished Thai people happiness and prosperity on the occasion of the Chinese New Year. He also asked them to persevere to overcome the crisis.

According to Mr Thaksin, he is like a nomad and has been separated from his family. However, the ex-premier said he is still strong and will continue to seek justice whether he is in heaven or hel_l.

However, he considered himself a fortunate person as he spent more time meditating, adding that he travelled to many countries, met many people and established a network in the global arena.

The ousted prime minister also criticised the government's populist policies, and said its economic stimulus measures could worsen the situation.

have a nice day

A different view:

Thaksin seeks justice, criticises govt

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 25/01/2009 at 12:23 PM

Deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra made a phone call to a talk show on the Democracy Television (DTV) on Sunday morning, and he vowed to fight injustice whether in heaven or hel_l.

During the show, he wished Thai people happiness and prosperity on the occasion of the Chinese New Year. He also asked them to persevere to overcome the crisis.

According to Mr Thaksin, he is like a nomad and has been separated from his family. However, the ex-premier said he is still strong and will continue to seek justice whether he is in heaven or hel_l.

However, he considered himself a fortunate person as he spent more time meditating, adding that he travelled to many countries, met many people and established a network in the global arena.

The ousted prime minister also criticised the government's populist policies, and said its economic stimulus measures could worsen the situation.

have a nice day

It's always nice to see a differing opinion. But it raises a few questions.

How has Thaksin been separated from his family, or didn't his wife decide to divorce him of her own free will, are his children somehow constrained from travelling to visit him, if they wished to ? Or was his decision to flee partly to-blame ?

Does he now disavow the sort of populist policy, brought in by his own governments or his brother-in-law's PPP-led coalition government, simply because they may be continued by another party in power ? Were they all wrong to help the poor ? Weren't these kind of policies part of the reason for his own popularity ? He should be glad to see things like this continue, as someone who cares most-of-all for the poor people, shouldn't he ?

A convicted-criminal on-the-run, with several more cases pending but delayed by his absence, claims to continue to seek justice, except he won't return to face his accusers in court ? Can't he rely on 'lunch-boxes', to win him favourable verdicts anymore, and isn't that a good thing ?

And someone who just sold a UK-based business for a small fortune, less than a year ago, is now broke or depending on loans from friends, and grateful for fund-raising by the poor ? What went wrong with his patriotic Cambodian investments ? Whatever happened to his much-vaunted business-skills ? :o

With the army in his pocket the country would eventually have become a Singapore clone

They might share a few traits, but wouild you really compare Lee Kwan Yew's integrity and patriotism with Thaksin's?

Edited by Plus

...and next time you try fight whit me....i call me friend......him take care Vampire same you.......

:D One of your friends from Boystown? :D

You like big size same him dont you?...jealous that is my friend and you cant have him.......dont worry lady i send to you in PM him phone number. :D

:o Nice one, but I'll let you keep him tied up.

• 2 weeks later...