New Patong 99baht Bbq And Buffet

phuketrex

Been open a few weeks but there's an excellent new all-you-can-eat BBQ and Buffet. It's about 3 karaoke bars past The Galaxy next to Superman karaoke and is also a prawn fishing restaurant. Can't remember what it's called...Thai name, and I've told the owner she should change it to something easy for stupid farangs to remember.

You get your own cooker in the middle of your table and can eat as much chicken/beef/pork/prawns/veg/springrolls/frenchfries/friedrice/noodles as you want for 99baht.

The price will probably go up to 120 baht in a few weeks...told her she should make it 119 to undercut the competition :-)

The prawn fishing is 120baht an hour...

...and it's open till 6am.

Good place for a feed and right across the road is the Snooker Hall where it's 100baht for an hour on a table now.

So that must be the 4th or 5th 100 baht Moo Ga Ta / Jim Jum place at under 100 baht ??

Bloody loads of them.. My fave Patong one is the one set back off the road between the Karon / Nanai junction and Rat U Thit.

Think that one is called "Shrimp Restaurant"...near a Boxing ring.

Not noticed it had a boxing ring close by ??? But it must have been months since we were at that one, Kathu closer.

Basically for these kind of meals I go where I am told :o the missus is the one with the eye for detail at these issan BBQ joints.. I sit there with a beer, hoping the wind doesnt blow too much heat my direction being feed choice morsels.. Ohh the hardships !!

IIRC she likes that one as they have more selection of different marinades.. Pork with sesame seeds etc etc..

So that must be the 4th or 5th 100 baht Moo Ga Ta / Jim Jum place at under 100 baht ??

Bloody loads of them.. My fave Patong one is the one set back off the road between the Karon / Nanai junction and Rat U Thit.

It's wright near Farangmart it's my favourite as well!! Good food and good service

Nanai BBQ right across from Ting Tong fish and chips is still me favorite. It's 120THB but their hot food delection on the buffet beats every other one I've been to in Phuket.

But, of course, the missus likes the moo kata because its local.

Call me petty... But the last time I went there was when I found out it was 99 baht Thais 120 baht farangs..

I am not bothered if its 120 or 150 baht.. But I pay the same price for the same food as anyone else.

Nanai road is the bomb... However I really don't find that there is enough even at all you can eat. There is a chain of resturants across Thailand MK is name. IN MK you have menue options that are not offered at the baht nit noi joints... MK in MBK BKK, Big C Surin and Buriram.... In patong in back of Ocenas on Soi bangla, Central, and Jungceylon.. shall I continue. MK is a good grind as to having lots to ea but for the Nanai Road one etc its jacked up Issan food. etc.

I've had losts of fun at the Nanai Road. <deleted>, you can invite all the girls from you fav bar and see how shabby they dress during the day time!

QWell, have you been to the non farang places...... Lets use Nanai road for Example,,,,, stringy pieces of gai etc. and lots of veggies I've never seen. Yep, not enough stuff I would eat. the key word is Issan food, low on fish, meat and chicken due to the cost! and yes I have been to a few villages in Issan and never feel bad about a cart full of protein enriched food from Big C!

Edited by Jai Dee
Irrelevant attachment deleted

QWell, have you been to the non farang places...... Lets use Nanai road for Example,,,,, stringy pieces of gai etc. and lots of veggies I've never seen. Yep, not enough stuff I would eat. the key word is Issan food, low on fish, meat and chicken due to the cost! and yes I have been to a few villages in Issan and never feel bad about a cart full of protein enriched food from Big C!

Low on meat ?? Its UNLIMITED !! Keep eating (but you can get fined in many places for not eating all you dish onto your plate) until full..

Stringy chicken ?? None of the Jim Jum / Ga Ta places I have sampled (most the patong ones) ever had Gai.. Pork (often 3 or more different marinades), squid, prawns sure.. Sometimes beef and liver or kidney (dont eat offal so I dont know which).. Sometimes smoked (dried /preseved ??) squid.. Never seen chicken in any of them and definitely not in the Nanai one by Hideaway Spa.

How you can say that its 'the bomb' and then say its vegetables you have never seen and not enough stuff you would eat ??

?????????? At the one down from Galaxy you can eat as much meat as you want...pork; chicken; beef...prawns too. Plenty of veg choices; fried rice; noodles; french fries; spring rolls..you can stuff yourself for 99baht.

Nanai road is the bomb... However I really don't find that there is enough even at all you can eat. There is a chain of resturants across Thailand MK is name. IN MK you have menue options that are not offered at the baht nit noi joints... MK in MBK BKK, Big C Surin and Buriram.... In patong in back of Ocenas on Soi bangla, Central, and Jungceylon.. shall I continue. MK is a good grind as to having lots to ea but for the Nanai Road one etc its jacked up Issan food. etc.

I've had losts of fun at the Nanai Road. <deleted>, you can invite all the girls from you fav bar and see how shabby they dress during the day time!

My wife loves these places so we hit lots of them.

120 baht is more than we've ever paid but, we never went to one in Patong.

It seems to me that the only differences are the quality of the meat. Or maybe i should say the freshness of the meat.

So, we try to choose the ones where theres a lot of Thai people already. But i've had grey looking chicken sometimes even at these. so, i guess it's often hit or miss.

The best for me was one up in Chiang Rai where we ate for about 2 hours and then I had 4 ice cream cones. all for 69 baht each!

i don't see how they can make any money unless they do it on the drinks since it takes so long to eat.

MK sux bigtime, too sterile and expensive.

I like the good ole Thai BBQs, self serve.

Love the one near Amari Hotel in Chiang Mai.

It has the most extensive selection of food I have ever come accross.

(TV will not upload an MPEG I made there)

Guess I will have to travel up from Chalong next trip and try the local Patong, Thai BBQs