Uk Visa Extension

I wonder if anyone could give me some advise.

My Thai girlfriend has been in the UK for a month on a Fiancee Visa, we plan to marry next year.

Is the the 2 year extension visa just a paper/money making exercise or is there any chance that they could not renew her visa ?

I know I must supply wage slips, bank statements AGAIN with the form.

We are having such a wonderful time but I do worry if there are any hidden traps ?

Also she wants to work but I am unsure if she can work after we marry or after the original 6 month visa expires ?

PS: If anyone has a g/f in Thailand and is considering going for a visa I would suggest that as long as you are sure everything is genuine 'Go for it'

From the first day we met to her visa interview in Bangkok it took 175 days, we put in a LOT OF WORK but it was more than worth it.

It's not just a paper exercise, the application can be refused but providing that your wife-to-be satisfies the rules then there will be no difficulty getting the extension. The criteria are more or less similar to the ones she will have needed to comply with in order to get her fiancée visa. Having satisfied them once the second time should be a cinch unless your circumstances have dramatically altered for the worse in the interim.

As the previous poster wrote, your fiancée may work once you are married and she has her extension. If you have a foreign honeymoon in mind then don't go until she has the extension. Her fiancée visa is only good for a single entry to the UK and if she were to travel abroad she would require another visa to get back in.

Cheers,

Scouse.