Why So Much Intolerance?

GuestHouse

Have you ever seen a west indian guy to be done for racism for smacking an indian.

many fights in uk between indians and pakistanis

many fights in uk between africans and indians/and pakistanis

The government never mention racism only gang fights.If a honky smacked a black guy,the racism card would come out.

you have a point.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what i meant samui,as i dont find that comment one bit racist,as it was meant as a joke.

is saying or typing jews racist????

I think it could be more to do with the statement that all Israelis are Jews which demonstrates a breathtaking ignorance of a serious situation and also highlights that some of the intollerance seen on this forum is the result of some posters desires to cause trouble.

Well if you want to push the boundaries patklang i would say thats not very nice.

This is what i meant samui,as i dont find that comment one bit racist,as it was meant as a joke.

thats the trouble with the written word,as against hearing it said,it can be taken the wrong way.

I think it could be more to do with the statement that all Israelis are Jews which demonstrates a breathtaking ignorance of a serious situation and also highlights that some of the intollerance seen on this forum is the result of some posters desires to cause trouble.

see what i mean,somebody comes on and complains that i dont know that all israelis are not jews,Did i say that on my post,no i didnt.The post was designed to see how people reacted,and you my friend weny right over the top.i win my case hands down.

cause trouble????

now you have gone nuts.

Well if you want to push the boundaries patklang i would say thats not very nice.

thats the trouble with the written word,as against hearing it said,it can be taken the wrong way.

Yes ,i know what you mean.Tottenham fans are called yids,because many are jews but thats not racist unless you are not a jew,

IS IT????

Have you ever considered that the attraction to Thailand is that they're p_ssed off with things in their home countries. What might that be? Let's start a list & I'll go first, so here's two for starters:

1) Political Correctness

2) Liberals & Do-Gooders

Maybe, but with a couple of exceptions the people on ThaiVisa don't strike me as being particularly right-wing.

Edited by OriginalPoster

see what i mean,somebody comes on and complains that i dont know that all israelis are not jews,Did i say that on my post,no i didnt.The post was designed to see how people reacted,and you my friend weny right over the top.i win my case hands down.

cause trouble????

now you have gone nuts.

Though your initial comment was I am sure not mant to be taken seriously it highlights the need for some people to introduce contentious issues into some threads with the hope of provoking strong reactions that can then be branded intollerant - it is not only the intollerance of posters that has become apparent here but the number of posters that go out of their way to provoke such responses.

cause trouble????

now you have gone nuts.

Though your initial comment was I am sure not mant to be taken seriously it highlights the need for some people to introduce contentious issues into some threads with the hope of provoking strong reactions that can then be branded intollerant - it is not only the intollerance of posters that has become apparent here but the number of posters that go out of their way to provoke such responses.

yes patklang is just stirring the pot,winding up.

Have you ever seen a west indian guy to be done for racism for smacking an indian.

many fights in uk between indians and pakistanis

many fights in uk between africans and indians/and pakistanis

The government never mention racism only gang fights.If a honky smacked a black guy,the racism card would come out.

Now you mention it I've never seen a Brit who's smacked a black guy done for racism.... the charge is GBH! Exactly the same as it would be for a West Indian who smacked an Indian, or an Indian who assaulted a Pakistani.

This is partially some of the cause and reason for intolerence(?) on this forum , you read into a statement what was NOT written , only percieved by your clouded(?) thinking , THEM DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ALL . Lack of knowledge of the idiosincrosies of the English language , an ow she be sed aint wa dese ales tinks . To recieve tolerance (acceptance) , one needs to both show and give tolerance , but as one poster noted , some sit behind one way glass windows and forgot to take the kleenex out of thier ears . You need to look for the silver lining in those dark clouds hovering over your head , life could suddenly become quite pleasant . :o

If theres one thing I can't tolerate it's intolerant people. :o

good one! :D

The full quote was from the Austin Powers sequel "Goldmember". It was, "there are two things that I can't stand, intolerant people and the Dutch".

Full quote?

If there's another thing I can't tolerate it is people taking my original quote on an internet forum and claiming that it is part of some quote they saw in a movie.

No problem with the dutch, mind.

SOME PEOPLE CALL THIS DEVILS ADVOCATE.

Anybody ever heard of this

The poster who mentioned about white hit black,i can assure you that in Birmingham.uk,there is a massive racist problem with non whites.

I repeat - "Now you mention it I've never seen a Brit who's smacked a black guy done for racism.... the charge is GBH! Exactly the same as it would be for a West Indian who smacked an Indian, or an Indian who assaulted a Pakistani."

The full quote was from the Austin Powers sequel "Goldmember". It was, "there are two things that I can't stand, intolerant people and the Dutch".

Full quote?

If there's another thing I can't tolerate it is people taking my original quote on an internet forum and claiming that it is part of some quote they saw in a movie.

Maybe you never saw the flick and you independently came up with it, but it was a quote from the movie.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Full quote?

Maybe you never saw the flick and you independently came up with it, but it was a quote from the movie.

Could be. It's a nice distraction from all this blacks/Asian/whites nonsense though!

Full quote?

Could be. It's a nice distraction from all this blacks/Asian/whites nonsense though!

Well, it's always fun to make fun of the intolerant. But we can't blame them, it's not their fault that they were born to ignorant parents and grew up in an inbred society.

Edited by OriginalPoster