Why So Much Intolerance?

GuestHouse

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems hardly a day goes by without the mods having to step in and clean-up or close threads in which TV members are spouting venom at one group or another (and a job well done by the way).

One day its people of faith another day people of particular nationalities, western women, backpackers, beggars or the old favorite, immigrants back in the country where the ranting TV member emigrated from.

What's going on here, what is it about Thailand or even TV that it attracts so very many intolerant people?

Hi GuestHouse. I think its a reflection of the general angst of trying to find one's place living in a class society, one inwhich farangs in general are not very well respected. There also seems to be a pyschological issue at play for many farang inwhich they get satisfaction out of feeling that they are unique or special, and thus automatically hate all other farang for distracting from their novelty factor. Another common line is to hate everyone who came here after you did, as there really are too many farang these days...

I just think there is a very high percentage of EXTREME people attracted to Thailand. People feel the freedom here to express what they really are. Some of the best and some of worst. By my own values, racists and haters of people who are just different (who aren't hurting anyone) are the among the worst.

About the Thais themselves. They are naturally NOT PC as a generality. Sometimes this Thai non-PCness is innocent and charming and sometimes it is virulent and deadly like any racism anywhere. Perhaps that also is a trigger for the haters to unleash their own hatreds publicly.

Edited by Jingthing

its all about how people perceive the posts.sometimes i see a post which i find racist,based on hi-so v isaan,and you can bet your bottom dollar its either a newbie winding some up or a farang from Bangkok.

Thais are very racist to their own and people get banned on here for it,does that make sense.

btw

loads of arabs in walking st area???? are they smoking drugs or what????

fact or racist,you will judge no doubt

your posting (Nigerians and their luggage) hardly qualifies that one takes you serious. and no, you may not introduce anybody to me.

In my eyes, your avatar & your incessant snide remarks alone have never qualified you as one who should be taken serious. I'll introduce anybody to who I want & when I want. Within reason, I'll also say what I want & when I want too. That goes for whether it's on here, at work, in a bar or wherever, if people don't like it - tough. I'm not the type who goes out of his way to avoid upsetting people.

I just think there is a very high percentage of EXTREME people attracted to Thailand. People feel the freedom here to express what they really are. Some of the best and some of worst. By my own values, racists and haters of people who are just different (who aren't hurting anyone) are the among the worst.

most people who have expressed an "anti" to a particular race or nationality have done so ,i think,from an experience they've had or seen.Am sure most would agree that there are good and bad in all peoples of a different culture or race.Its become very trendy(IMO) to brand anyone as a racist who speaks out about anyone who is not the same as them.The racist tag is bandied about too much.............and by inference tries to stop people saying what's on their mind.

your posting (Nigerians and their luggage) hardly qualifies that one takes you serious. and no, you may not introduce anybody to me.

I'll introduce anybody to who I want & when I want.

not to me you pompous little self-appointed guardian of clean air :o

Don't forget to charge the battery of your Nokia for the next hidden shots.

I didn't use a Nokia - I used a Fuji. It's always fully charged as you never know when a photo opportunity may present itself. :o

I see, the man behind the window, reporting everyone, who does not stop at the red light.

not to me you pompous little self-appointed guardian of clean air :o

Keep up to date Naam - I already have. Whether you choose to enlighten yourself with the link is up to you. :D I'm sure I don't speak for myself in declaring that everyone would look forward to hearing your opinions afterwards. What are you afraid of?

its all about how people perceive the posts.sometimes i see a post which i find racist,based on hi-so v isaan,and you can bet your bottom dollar its either a newbie winding some up or a farang from Bangkok.

Thais are very racist to their own and people get banned on here for it,does that make sense.

btw

from what ive read from some here it will be judged racist :o

I just think there is a very high percentage of EXTREME people attracted to Thailand.

...there is. But not at a high percentage.

This one would go to the frustrated ones. They came here because of their problems and shortcomings in their home countries. They are not in Thailand on their free will. The shortcomings brought them here. And it's allright, if they can handle Thailand.

Edited by Birdman

This one would go to the frustrated ones. They came here because of their problems and shortcomings in their home countries. They are not in Thailand on their free will. The shortcomings brought them here. And it's allright, if they can handle Thailand.

Who are you to judge and say people have problems and shortcomings? Do you know them personally? Clearly, they are frustrated - frustrated with the liberal & politically correct nonsense that has been imposed upon them back home. Such nonsense which the like of yourself uphold.

As for frustration, I don't know about others but, I could probably find even more to frustrate me about Thailand than the UK - neither place is perfect.

What's going on here, what is it about Thailand or even TV that it attracts so very many intolerant people?

Have you ever considered that the attraction to Thailand is that they're p_ssed off with things in their home countries. What might that be? Let's start a list & I'll go first, so here's two for starters:

1) Political Correctness

2) Liberals & Do-Gooders

I'll add to the list:

3/ There were misfits in their own country.

4/ They can spout intolerant, racist views in Thailand and many Thais just ignore them or nod incomprehendingly but with a sympathetic smile, at the strange farang going off on a rant.

5/ The more they think they can see, the less they actually can, but they find a few like minded individuals in particular loci who feed their intolerance.

6/ The beer and women are cheaper than home, where they lost their "welcome" mat long ago.

Who are you to judge and say people have problems and shortcomings? Do you know them personally? Clearly, they are frustrated - frustrated with the liberal & politically correct nonsense that has been imposed upon them back home. Such nonsense which the like of yourself uphold.

As for frustration, I don't know about others but, I could probably find even more to frustrate me about Thailand than the UK - neither place is perfect.

Yes and no - they are frustrated, because they cannot get a nice woman in their home country and, additionally to that, the respect they get here ...

btw

from what ive read from some here it will be judged racist :o

cant belive that samui lol.

also them israelis are all a load of jews arent they?????

Have you ever seen a west indian guy to be done for racism for smacking an indian.

many fights in uk between indians and pakistanis

many fights in uk between africans and indians/and pakistanis

The government never mention racism only gang fights.If a honky smacked a black guy,the racism card would come out.

Edited by patklang