Good Chiropractor

wildpikey

"good chiropractor" is a condtradiction in terms.

I would have to agree with you. Knowing what I know now I would have stayed well away. The one I went to missed a broken vertebrae on an MRI and carried on...........2 spine operations later............

Toshi is so busy with clients and if you are going to waste his time then you have to pay for it .

He told me you just sat there asking questions and didn't even want a treatment so before you start personally attacking people look at yourself first.

This guy is not a scammer he has gave me the best treatment i have ever had.

It's amazing, some of the scammers that show up here in C.M. This guy sounds dangerous and is no doubt here without a license or work permit.

It does seem that Chiang Mai is like an elephant's graveyard. It's amazing the people that find their way here, seemingly past their sell by date and still trying to make a buck or two. For sure he hasn't got a licence or work permit and anyone foolish enough to shell out money to let some guy crack bones is either desperate or foolish.

Edited by uptheos

What a bummer that Dr. Ken is back in the U.S. for a year. I've visited him a few times and while I thought his fees a little expensive, they're much lower than that of the quack Toshi. In the U.S. I visited a chiropractor several times monthly, mainly because I was in a physically-challenging line of work and (ok, this does count in the U.S.), my insurance paid for 26 visits per year. The visits helped me to realize how to take better care of myself and recognize when problems were developing.

Now I realize the signs that I REALLY need to see a chiropractor and go to visit Dr. Ken. What a downer to learn he's left us for a year.

I do have a positive suggestion for people in pain.I found a Thai named Somboon who did help me. He is near Mae Jo university (he is also a Professor at the university)The location is about a 30 minute drive from Chiang Mai, and a bit hard to find.Very pleasant soft spoken guy about 50 years old.

He charges 500 baht the first time and 300 if you need to come back (He says no need to come back unless you have a new problem).He doesn't waste time with goofy mystical stuff or "feel good" massage.He goes straight to work and it seemed like most people are done in 10 minutes.I took an Amercian friend who was in chronic pain from years of boxing, problem fixed in one visit. He said he could breath pain free for the first time in years.

I took two other friends and they said it helped but they didn't have the dramatic results my American friend had.

Anyhow take the 1001 highway North to Mae Jo university, at the 3 way red light at Mae Jo turn right (east) on Sahakon rd and drive about 3 KMTurn right just before Wat Mae Kat (it is on the right and is the only Wat you will see)

Now you are about 300 meters from Somboon but the little Thai streets are confusing, better to ask for directions.I know he is on Soi 5.

If anybody is interested I'll ask for his phone number if I go again.

I know somebody will ask if Somboon is a Chiropractor.

No definitely not, and I don't know what to call his treatment. Some combination of stretching and pressure points.

He was highly recommended by my Pharmacist so I tried him. He is pretty far out of town unless you are really hurting.

For those in pain like I was I can't say enough good things about the Physical Therapy Department at Rajavej Hospital, in particular Khun Diow. I tried all kinds of massage, hot herbal balls, etc. for close to a year and I did get some relief but the pain always returned the next day. I got real relief at Rajavej. I think you need a physicians referral for treatment but I'm not 100% sure about that.

For those in pain like I was I can't say enough good things about the Physical Therapy Department at Rajavej Hospital, in particular Khun Diow. I tried all kinds of massage, hot herbal balls, etc. for close to a year and I did get some relief but the pain always returned the next day. I got real relief at Rajavej. I think you need a physicians referral for treatment but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I went to have a look today.

FY:I Rajavej Hospital is near the Holiday Inn (across the street to the north).It is on the east bank of the Ping River.

The Physical Therapy Dept is on the Second floor and closed on Sunday.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...