Good Chiropractor

wildpikey

• 1 year later...

I know this awesome guy called toshi he is the best at what he does he is pricy tho you can ring him on-0807941955.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun RakChiangMai,

How pricey ? And, where was he trained, or licensed ?

thanks, ~o:37

I know this awesome guy called toshi he is the best at what he does he is pricy tho you can ring him on-0807941955.

I'm not convinced that I'd trust some "awsome guy called toshi" to start cracking my back or neck.

Sounds like someone more likely to shoot me in the kneecaps!

To: Wildpikey

I found Dr. Ken Leeper's phone number on another forum here: 053 24 00 20 but this number is no longer in service. Would you know how/where to find/contact Dr. Leeper?

Thank you for your help.

Peergin.... just tried the number and works fine so maybe it was temporary service issue or you dialed wrong etc...

I found Dr. Ken Leeper's phone number on another forum here: 053 24 00 20 but this number is no longer in service. Would you know how/where to find/contact Dr. Leeper?

Thank you for your help.

Peergin.... just tried the number and works fine so maybe it was temporary service issue or you dialed wrong etc...

His number was out of service when I needed help back in October or thereabouts. There must be an issue with the phone there. I ended up going to PT at Rajavej Hospital and got good treatment there.

Khun O...

Licensed? Unlikely. In Thailand? Even more unlikely.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Chiropractor in Chiang mai, and what they charge???

Dr. Ken Leeper is pretty frickin good. Kind of crass though, but still good. 800 baht a session.

That dreaded inflation, it was 1000B 6 months ago. Unfortunately my problem was made worse after a visit there.

I have been to lot of people to claim to fix me here but Toshi knows what he is doing he has spent over 300000 dollars on studying .

He also helps doctors out sometimes.

you can come with your sarcastic comments but i have seen many people come though the muay thai gym claiming to be a body worker or that line of work but Toshi is the best i have ever seen he has helped out so many of the thai boxers here.

He is trained in 4 different skills not sure what they are but you will just have to ring him and ask him.

I have been to lot of people to claim to fix me here but Toshi knows what he is doing he has spent over 300000 dollars on studying .

you can come with your sarcastic comments but i have seen many people come though the muay thai gym claiming to be a body worker or that line of work but Toshi is the best i have ever seen he has helped out so many of the thai boxers here.

He is trained in 4 different skills not sure what they are but you will just have to ring him and ask him.

Toshi sounds pretty good.

Did you ever say what he charges?

What is his name so I can look him up. Was he on the big island?

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Toshi sounds pretty good.

Did you ever say what he charges?

What is his name so I can look him up. Was he on the big island?

I can understand Toshi not wanting to stay in such a crummy place as Hawaii, fixing up people for 200+ bucks a shot and recuperating some of his 300,000 tuition fee.

Yep, Chiang Mai is definitely the place for him. thumbsup.gif

If you want to know the price you can ring him and discuss it with him but it's not that expensive for what you get.

He is a very knowledgeable guy and he explains everything to you clearly as he is working on you and teaches you to take care yourself like bad posture .

Khun O...

Licensed? Unlikely. In Thailand? Even more unlikely.

you can look at the posts above and the link someone else has put on here.

Thank you for your help.

You are right. It works (again). Thank you!

Thank you for your help.

His number was out of service when I needed help back in October or thereabouts. There must be an issue with the phone there. I ended up going to PT at Rajavej Hospital and got good treatment there.

Yes, you are right. It works (again). Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Just as a word of caution. Make sure whatever you are suffering from is suitable for chiropractors to treat. I went to one with an MRI after suffering leg pain. After three sessions I could barely walk. I took the MRI to another doctor who recently carried out 2 operations on my spine. Apparently I broke a vertebrae 40 years ago, the chirporactor disturbed these bones. Apparently it was noticeable on the MRI, just depends who reads it. He does not charge 800B he was charging 1000B last August. To be fair, I went to a number of Doctors who also missed it and diagnosed a variety of ailments.

If Toshi is a Rolfer he must be good I had 10 session in the states and its the best,Each session was 100U.S. You grow a few inch in height,lungs feel bigger and over all was the best thing,your body retains it for years .When I get there next month I will have to call him up.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi just wondering if the OP tried any of the suggestions and if he found them to be any good. Also about this Toshi. People said that he trained in Hawaii. What is his Thai like as it is my girlfriend who has the back problem.

I called Dr. Ken Leeper, but they said he is in America for 1 year. I called Toshi Toyoda. He is American (Japanese ancestry) so he speaks perfect English, Very good Japanese, but minimal Thai.

I was quoted a price of 2200 baht for one hour, which seemed very expensive at the time but having read a positive comment in this forum I made the appointment anyway.

Toshi met me at to door of PT condo (20 meters from Mike's burger on Nimmanheiman) and I followed Toshi up to his "office" which is basically an empty apartment with a table and three chairs.

Upon arriving, I expected some semblance of health care "professional" but I was seeing something very different. In hindsight I should have left immediately.

After sitting down Toshi proceeded with a sales pitch about his extensive training and qualifications. Unfortunately, the heavy emphasis on repeated reassurance had the opposite effect.

Bombshell #1: 99% of his clients need more than one treatment, perhaps for a year or longer each session costing 2200 baht. Of course all this was before any physical examination! No looking at x-rays or previous medical documents. Amazing.

I had simply said my back hurts which resulted in a 30 minute sermon on why his training is so great and how lucky I was because the price is $500 USD per hour in America! (which begs the question, why isn't he back there making the big money!) I asked the obvious question: What if his treatment doesn't help?

Bombshell # 2 - the treatment had already begun and I owed 2200 baht. <deleted>!

I actually laughed out loud and asked if he was joking. He angrily said he was serious and that I must pay. As he is 2 to 3 times heavier than me and I was feeling intimidated, I paid and left immediately

To be fair, he had mentioned that I shouldn't stretch before exercise and I should sit up straighter, maybe that is worth 2200 baht in America!

I received no "hands on" therapy so I have no experience to share about his skill, technique, or results.

After sitting down Toshi proceeded with a sales pitch about his extensive training and qualifications. Unfortunately, the heavy emphasis on repeated reassurance had the opposite effect.

I had simply said my back hurts which resulted in a 30 minute sermon on why his training is so great and how lucky I was because the price is $500 USD per hour in America! (which begs the question, why isn't he back there making the big money!)

1. Any medical type practitioner who feels it's necessary to give an unsolicited sales pitch regarding their extensive training, should be given a wide berth.

2. Maybe he's updating his karma and is here for the culture and making merit?

Edited by uptheos