Thaksin Thanks Fans For Offering Him Money

george

Thaksin thanks fans for offering him money

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said thanks to his supporter for offering to raise funds for him after hearing that he had run out of money.

"I was very happy and had to hold back my tears when leaning that poor Thais want to raise funds and remit the money to me," Thaksin said during a live talk programme on DTV, by making a phone in.

"Please don't worry as I can still help myself. I have friends who help me and lend me money. But having to travel all the time cost me a lot."

Thaksin earlier gave an interview to a Japanese newspaper that he had run out of wealth.

The hosts of the satellite TV programme told Thaksin that the report prompted Thais, who still love him, to plan to raise money to help him.

-- The Nation 2009-01-25

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said thanks to his supporter for offering to raise funds for him after hearing that he had run out of money.

Harkens back to one of the funniest lines ever posted. It really was a harbinger of things to come...

During Less Happy Times:

30018424-02.jpg

A solitary Thaksin Shinawatra aimlessly strolls the streets of London.

The Nation

Looks like he just crawled out of a cardboard box on the southbank.

kudos to his supporters. dead poor yet would give the shirt off their back to a friend.

Shouldn't that read "dead stupid"?

poor = stupid ?

very classy. :o

That was clearly not what that poster meant.

"I was very happy and had to hold back my tears when leaning that poor Thais want to raise funds and remit the money to me," Thaksin said during a live talk programme on DTV, by making a phone in.

"Please don't worry as I can still help myself. I have friends who help me and lend me money. But having to travel all the time cost me a lot."

Quick, cue the violins! Oh the poor soul, a terrible thing to see poverty eating away at him like that. Imagine having to travel business class and stay in a mere 5 star hotel.

What a fuc_king nob.

well its no surprise to see the usual suspects getting their jollies from someone elses misfortune.

What misfortune? He screwed the country over and fled. He should be sitting in a prison cell. The fact that he is not would suggest he's in fact extremely fortunate. And whilst his massive wealth might have diminished, he's still far far richer than any of those who are perporting to be offering him money.

Surely a decent man if offered money by someone far worse off than them, would say "actually no, if anyone should be helping anyone, it's me who should be helping you - what you make in a year is a tiny fraction of what i make in a day", rather than milking the sympathy and insisting that although facing hardship they would struggle on alone? How sad and pathetic he is!

kudos to his supporters. dead poor yet would give the shirt off their back to a friend.

poor = stupid ?

wow. so bad of you to say that the poor must mean you are stupid.

At least the other person said that is was stupid of the poor to give money to a rich guy

not too sure if his 'fans' who are willing to support him would be too happy knowing that boxhead was in bali just a short while ago living it up in one of the most expensive hotels on the island. he dined at one of the finest restaurants at least once, and was accompanied by a number of young girlies. (sure, maybe they were his ... ahem ... nieces)

the guy is living the life of a billionaire yet claims he is going broke? sucked in i say.

well its no surprise to see the usual suspects getting their jollies from someone elses misfortune.

What misfortune? He screwed the country over and fled. He should be sitting in a prison cell. The fact that he is not would suggest he's in fact extremely fortunate. And whilst his massive wealth might have diminished, he's still far far richer than any of those who are perporting to be offering him money.

Surely a decent man if offered money by someone far worse off than them, would say "actually no, if anyone should be helping anyone, it's me who should be helping you - what you make in a year is a tiny fraction of what i make in a day", rather than milking the sympathy and insisting that although facing hardship they would struggle on alone? How sad and pathetic he is!

Ah! But you forget, Thaksin is a true humble Buddhist. :o

All joking aside, yes, he should still say, " I am still richer than anyone in Isaan and am humbled by your support" (misguided as it is).

One day he will get what he really deserves! :D

Have no sympathy for him money wise, did he not just sell a football club?

But I do ask myself if we really really understand the situation and why he was apposed?

Was it really because of corruption? Myself I don't think so!

Anyway its not important anymore lets just hope the new PM does a better job.

Anybody know what happened to his Ex? I heard shes back in Thailand?

poor = stupid ?

At least the other person said that is was stupid of the poor to give money to a rich guy

I dont see it like that at all. I see it as a real gesture of kindness and sacrifice.

I suppose you think that someone risking his life to save the life his friend would be stupid.

Well, I wouldn't want to be your friend !

Have no sympathy for him money wise, did he not just sell a football club?

But I do ask myself if we really really understand the situation and why he was apposed?

Was it really because of corruption? Myself I don't think so!

Anyway its not important anymore lets just hope the new PM does a better job.

Anybody know what happened to his Ex? I heard shes back in Thailand?

I think you will find that his money in the UK is frozen because he is being investigated for money laundering. Maybe the money was in the plane to took with 35 very large suitcases?

I dont see it like that at all. I see it as a real gesture of kindness and sacrifice.

I suppose you think that someone risking his life to save the life his friend would be stupid.

it is very Thai.

But you have to admit that a poor rice farmer giving money to a billionaire so that not fair or realistic.

and if you are a billionaire I will not be giving money to you, do not worry about that.

everything is relative. I help the needy. I do not think that Taksin needs money to live, may he needs moneyt o live his current lifestyle.

All joking aside, yes, he should still say, " I am still richer than anyone in Isaan and am humbled by your support" (misguided as it is).

Anyone? I think you meant to say "everyone put together"!

I actually meant what I said, but you are possibly right. He's probably richer than the combined population of Isaan given that the vast majority of them are poor farmers in awe of his great wealth or now perhaps, former great wealth.

Edited by ratcatcher

poor = stupid ?

I didn't put the word stupid in the context as being uneducated but more as in naive.

If they woke up and really realized how much he stole from the country,and that includes them,they would think different about Thaksin the great.

Thaksin earlier gave an interview to a Japanese newspaper that he had run out of wealth.

The hosts of the satellite TV programme told Thaksin that the report prompted Thais, who still love him, to plan to raise money to help him.

-- The Nation 2009-01-25

this statement so ridiculous that even the red shirt people are laughing at it.