• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But maybe there is still a way

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...MqLN8&pos=7

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York may be forced to deliver documents related to American International Group Inc.’s government bailout after the chairman of a House oversight committee said he would issue a subpoena.

This topic is getting old, isn't it (literally and figuratively)?

Yet, in typical TV fashion, I will contradict myself by contributing :)

I haven't read all of the new posts yet but I did see the AIG article - 2018? Really? But that's 6 years after the End of the World.... So we're ok there.... either way we're fcuked.

I think somebody posted here (or another thread, was it Blackjack?) that instead of bickering (grown men bickering, btw), how about we come up with some ideas instead. I'm all for that. Or we could continue with the status quo (which will probably happen) of Alex --> Naam ---> flying ---> midas ----> Naam --->Alex, etc. etc..... anywhooo....

Lanna, did you change your avatar? I liked the dog.

"I haven't read all of the new posts yet but I did see the AIG article - 2018?"

But, it's a dozen years before sokal's predicted HYPERinflation in the US. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Edited by hhgz

I like this article by Kaletsky about his New Year predictions (in full below because I couldnt find the link).

The main good news is that the Bank, like the Fed, will do its utmost to counteract all these deflationary forces.

And it's quite possible that their utmost efforts will fail.

its a question dummy!!!

how can we???

is a question.

dont you feel stupid now?

another question

No I dont feel stupid at all :D

I understand perfectly well that it was a question .

You asked “ SO how do we find out what they are betting on ? “

So who is exactly is " they " ? I assumed “ they “in your reply

was a reference to the activities of James S. Chanos the subject of the article ?

In the link to New York Times you will see the reporter stated :-

“ Betting against China will not be easy. Because foreigners are restricted from investing in stocks

listed inside China, Mr. Chanos has said he is searching for other ways to

make his bets, including focusing on construction- and infrastructure-related

companies that sell cement, coal, steel and iron ore. ”

Hence my reponse ............. “he refused to say how “ :)

PUBLIC APOLOGY

my mistake

sorry

I haven't read all of the new posts yet but I did see the AIG article - 2018? Really? But that's 6 years after the End of the World.... So we're ok there.... either way we're fcuked.

I think somebody posted here (or another thread, was it Blackjack?) that instead of bickering (grown men bickering, btw), how about we come up with some ideas instead. I'm all for that. Or we could continue with the status quo (which will probably happen) of Alex --> Naam ---> flying ---> midas ----> Naam --->Alex, etc. etc..... anywhooo....

Lanna, did you change your avatar? I liked the dog.

I like this article by Kaletsky about his New Year predictions (in full below because I couldnt find the link).

The main good news is that the Bank, like the Fed, will do its utmost to counteract all these deflationary forces.

And it's quite possible that their utmost efforts will fail.

Come on Jcon, I have mentioned a few solutions, although they might be perceived as a bit radical, they would work.

Perhaps you forgot as you get older and have a bit of a problem remembering things?

:D

Come on Jcon, I have mentioned a few solutions, although they might be perceived as a bit radical, they would work.

Perhaps you forgot as you get older and have a bit of a problem remembering things?

:D

Edited by AlexLah

Plarex I must admit that I have a pretty terrible memory nowadays, but it's probably more so due to smokable plants than my aging 32-year-old brain :)

That's why I like to read Abrak's huge posts about this and that economic theory - helps jump-start my brain....

As far as solutions... it's not 'solutions' per se that I'm referring to, perhaps I wasn't clear. I, perhaps more than most, am pretty "negative" on "the world as know it," but that's different from the financial ideas that I was referring to (re: my reference to Blackjack's post). I'm aware of the death and destruction all over the world, and am disgusted by the politics behind it just as much as the next guy (12Drink, midas, flying).

As I get closer to having a family of my own however, I'm moving into "Naam-mode," a situation in which I can live my life and protect my family's interests but not be bothered so much by the politics of the world (I'm no revolutionary, nor do I want to be).... I know that midas may view that as some sort of "surrender to 'the man'" but it's just one man's fight to protect what's his - this is why I asked for perhaps more ideas re: investments (doom or not) as we have some knowledgeable guys in here whom I respect.

And I don't recall you mentioning solutions - but like I said, I haven't read all of the posts yet since I've been away. I must say that your picture of "transparency" is much better than any Celente youtube clip. Cheers to that!

Actually the topic is based on (mostly) factual events & not much bickering as you call it. It is not really a matter of topic getting old it is a matter of looking at the news & events & discussing if it is getting resolved or getting worse.

Hard to say either way since you just said you have not read it.

As for ideas....There are some in other threads if it is about making money,ATM fees,etc etc. If that is what you mean?

If you mean ideas on fixing the financial crisis there have been many presented through links to articles posted etc..

How about you? Do you have an idea? Something with substance to contribute?

After all the thread title reads .."Financial Crisis"

its a question dummy!!!

how can we???

is a question.

dont you feel stupid now?

another question

No I dont feel stupid at all :D

I understand perfectly well that it was a question .

You asked “ SO how do we find out what they are betting on ? “

So who is exactly is " they " ? I assumed “ they “in your reply

was a reference to the activities of James S. Chanos the subject of the article ?

In the link to New York Times you will see the reporter stated :-

“ Betting against China will not be easy. Because foreigners are restricted from investing in stocks

listed inside China, Mr. Chanos has said he is searching for other ways to

make his bets, including focusing on construction- and infrastructure-related

companies that sell cement, coal, steel and iron ore. ”

Hence my reponse ............. “he refused to say how “ :D

PUBLIC APOLOGY

my mistake

sorry

no problem BlackJack :)

As I get closer to having a family of my own however, I'm moving into "Naam-mode," a situation in which I can live my life and protect my family's interests but not be bothered so much by the politics of the world (I'm no revolutionary, nor do I want to be).... I know that midas may view that as some sort of "surrender to 'the man'" but it's just one man's fight to protect what's his - this is why I asked for perhaps more ideas re: investments (doom or not) as we have some knowledgeable guys in here whom I respect.

jcon but surely that is your dilemma?

Wanting to protect your family's interests requires you to at least ensure

your elected representatives are working for you and your family and not the other way around which seems to be the case now ?

e.g. healthcare.

Whether you like it or not ( without being a revolutionary ) you still need to participate somehow in changing the mindset in

Washington otherwise I am convinced you will be sacrificing your future family to a very different kind and

far less pleasent USA than was envisaged by the founding fathers.

your elected representatives are working for you and your family and not the other way around which seems to be the case now ?

e.g. healthcare.

Whether you like it or not ( without being a revolutionary ) you still need to participate somehow in changing the mindset in

Washington otherwise I am convinced you will be sacrificing your future family to a very different kind and

Rip Van Winkle, is that you?

jcon but surely that is your dilemma? Wanting to protect your family's interests requires you to at least ensure

your elected representatives are working for you and your family and not the other way around which seems to be the case now ? e.g. healthcare.

Whether you like it or not ( without being a revolutionary ) you still need to participate somehow in changing the mindset in Washington otherwise I am convinced you will be sacrificing your future family to a very different kind and

Midas, why do you assume that Jcon has plans to live with his family (to be) in The Greatest Nation on Earth™ and bother with "elected representatives" who care a dàmn about him and his loved ones? are there no other countries on this planet where one can live? are there no alternative health insurance schemes than the one presently concocted?

based on Jcons postings and the few private messages we both exchanged i claim that his IQ is far above any stupidity level which would make him act as Don Jcon de la Mancha wasting his time to "change the mindset in Washington".

this topic has provided good insight into whats going on since sept.2008,it has provided an outlet for letting "of steam" but its not going to change anything that is now happening or going to happen.When your young,thats the time to join the revolution,when you are about to embark on producing a family your priorities change focus onto the coming family.When your old and grumpy,its time to bitch and complain.

We can all see monumentous changes happening before our eyes and being forewarned we can prepare a little for it to, but the ultimate result of these changes we can do little about,just enjoy everyday as much as you can.I dont think revolutions in the air this time round,more and more people are becoming insular in their thinking and soon will be a time when we all remember our families first and start to take care and lookafter each other again.

When your old and grumpy, its time to bitch and complain.

i vehemently disagree!

-when you are old and grumpy you only bitch and complain if you have wasted your life and lived without any planning and foresight.

-when you are young and grumpy and bitch as well as complain you have never worked hard and never achieved something.

:)

e.g. healthcare.

Rip Van Winkle, is that you?

Maybe :D… ..

the moral of that story ......changes which “ appear to be good ” must not eradicate old ways MORE

I am not American but the Constitution was drafted by brilliant men with superb vision that knew

even far into the future there would always be a danger that someone like Obama and his mob

would come along one day and say "it is a charter of negative liberties…… but it doesn't say what the state government

or federal government must do on your behalf." :)

Midas, why do you assume that Jcon has plans to live with his family (to be) in The Greatest Nation on Earth™ and bother with "elected representatives" who care a dàmn about him and his loved ones? are there no other countries on this planet where one can live? are there no alternative health insurance schemes than the one presently concocted?

based on Jcons postings and the few private messages we both exchanged i claim that his IQ is far above any stupidity level which would make him act as Don Jcon de la Mancha wasting his time to "change the mindset in Washington".

The only thing necessary for the triumph of the Marxist evil in the WH is for good men like jcon to do nothing – wherever he is in the world. And it is his country.

Edited by midas

The only thing necessary for the triumph of the Marxist evil in the WH is for good men like jcon to do nothing – wherever he is in the world. And it is his country.

Wait a minute. I only contributed to this thread on the basis that it was 'capitalist evil' that was behind all these problems and the proletariat's inactivity that was bound to lead to its increasing hegemony. I mean surely it is all about the rich and powerful - abusing their positions - bailing out the banks, paying bank bonuses, bailing out pretty much anything - in the sure knowledge that the 'prols' are too busy watching American Idol to do anything about it. American Idol does at least take one waif and stray a year and give them 3 months in the fast lane. And the average revolutionary act is to take your guitar to some audition in the vein hope you will be given 30 seconds to be mocked by Paula and Simon as you sing 'give peace a chance'.

In fact, of course, there is nothing left to take from the 'prols' so the agenda is to impoverish and immasculate the middle classes. Once that is complete then they will skip to London, buy a football club and wait for their knighthood.

The Marxists were supposed to have lined them up against the wall and shot them. (Idea for new reality show - 9 investment bankers compete weekly - each week one is voted off to face a firing squad - winner gets to keep his annual bonus tax free.)

Marxist or not I do not believe that Marx himself, ever imagined that the Bourgeoisie could bailout out the banks for US$1trn one year and then the bankers would grab US$65bn in bonuses the next, without a revolution. That is why I dont believe anybody is going to do anything. What more can anyone really expect them to do to spur anyone into action? (Small idea here - shoot 200,000 unemployed every month.)

Marxist or not I do not believe that Marx himself, ever imagined that the Bourgeoisie could bailout out the banks for US$1trn one year and then the bankers would grab US$65bn in bonuses the next, without a revolution. That is why I dont believe anybody is going to do anything. What more can anyone really expect them to do to spur anyone into action? (Small idea here - shoot 200,000 unemployed every month.)

Add culling out the over 65 lower consuming air wasters and I think you're on to a winner.

At this point I should mention that I did know that Paula (Paula Abdul) is no longer part of American Idol. After 8 years on the show she has left due to other commitments (not large enough contract/drug rehab/relaunch of solo career?)

I am an avid watcher..... classic from the latest episode....

Guy enters (obviously so nervous he can hardly stand) sings/mumbles something....

Guest presenter (definitely not Paula) bursts into giggles and almost falls off her chair...

Kara (called Kara only, not because she is really famous but because noone can pronounce her second name) catches guest presenter and says....

'Please be quick, she is really upset, she feels your pain...'

Randy Jackson says 'Look Dawg*.... this isnt really your thing... my advice is never sing again'

Miserable auditioner 'You cant be serious. I WANT to be a singer. I have devoted my whole life to this'

Simon (for it is he) says 'You know what. I WANT to fly to the moon but I cant....' rolls his eyes, throws up his hands 'Well, actually.... I guess I could.....'

* Dawg. Does not mean he thinks the guy is a dog. (Just another term (or meaningless massacre of the english language called ebonics) refering to a 'pal'.) Ebonics is defined by its founder as 'the linguistic and paralinguistic features which on a concentric continuum represent the communicative competence of the West African, Caribbean, and United States slave descendant of African origin. It includes the various idioms, patois, argots, idiolects, and social dialects of black people" especially those who have adapted to colonial circumstances.' (As you can imagine, ebonics should only be used on rare occasions - like if you are on a date with a girl you never want to see again.)

I only contributed to this thread on the basis that it was 'capitalist evil' that was behind all these problems and the proletariat's inactivity that was bound to lead to its increasing hegemony. I mean surely it is all about the rich and powerful - abusing their positions - bailing out the banks,

How could Obama, a controversial figure with a revolutionary Marxist background, communist connections, and socialist worldview, emerge as the favorite of Wall Street interests? The short answer is that he is the perfect front man.

As Alex Lah keeps saying...just read history.... :D

This ploy has worked before. Meticulous research by Antony Sutton’s 1974 in his book Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution ( see the attached PDF ), documented a link between certain banking interests and the Bolshevik cause.

In Obama’s case, it is the China connection that is most relevant. Goldman Sachs :):D his major Wall Street backer, has had an exclusive financial relationship with the Communist government of China which has benefited both China and Goldman Sachs―but not the United States

WallStreetCommieRevolution.pdf

Edited by midas

How could Obama, a controversial figure with a revolutionary Marxist background, communist connections, and socialist worldview, emerge as the favorite of Wall Street interests? The short answer is that he is the perfect front man.

In Obama’s case, it is the China connection that is most relevant. Goldman Sachs :D :D his major Wall Street backer, has had an exclusive financial relationship with the Communist government of China which has benefited both China and Goldman Sachs―but not the United States

but most people don't know the well kept secret that Michelle Obama is a half-sister of Lloyd Blankfein who was expelled by a tanzanian jewish Masai tribe for refusing circumcision and not killing a lion with the traditional short sword. so he ended up with GS.

:)

Midas come on, are they saying that the official numbers are not real?

Why would the US goberment do something like that?

12, as you see life is not that bad in Japan, they could be sleeping in tents.... :D

Yes Alex I must stop being so cynical ……… :)

Don't Like the Numbers? Change 'Em

If a CEO issued the kind of distorted figures put out by politicians and scientists, he'd wind up in prison.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...1655183416.html