Financial Crisis

^^ @fffaaarrranngg . . .

£120Bn a year.

Makes the pile of rice here look like, well . . . a pile of rice.

We won't really know how bad it will get for the likes of dear old Blighty until rates really start to rise.

It'll be much worse than last time as then every western was doing the house price inflation and consumer debt binge to pretend the economy was growing, next time we'll be in deeper shyt all by ourselves and hopefully without the Scottish.

Most other nations have had a property crash of varying degrees, this utter moron is pouring god knows how many billions into a new one, after giving a trillion or so to the banks and feckless to prop up the last bubble.

I leave the country tomorrow on my return i hope for a crash of epic proportions and UKIP to walk the European elections, 2 things that can possibly save Britain if it isn't dead already.

For the next generation to prosper as living functioning human beings in a community of happy healthy families, UK property prices need to crash by over 50% now depending on how far mortgages rates rise.

UK needs to get real and get away from this boom bust cycle, Fred Harrison has always been spot on. Miss Prudence turned out to be Fraulein Prudence, UK needs to model itself on Germany.

What I did note is the developers and MD's of firms I know saying, "but this is great, it's our window of opportunity to get out". The boys see this for what it is and intend to use this new false boom to finish developments whilst others will use it to sell their companies.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^ @fffaaarrranngg . . .

£120Bn a year.

We won't really know how bad it will get for the likes of dear old Blighty until rates really start to rise.

It'll be much worse than last time as then every western was doing the house price inflation and consumer debt binge to pretend the economy was growing, next time we'll be in deeper shyt all by ourselves and hopefully without the Scottish.

Most other nations have had a property crash of varying degrees, this utter moron is pouring god knows how many billions into a new one, after giving a trillion or so to the banks and feckless to prop up the last bubble.

I leave the country tomorrow on my return i hope for a crash of epic proportions and UKIP to walk the European elections, 2 things that can possibly save Britain if it isn't dead already.

For the next generation to prosper as living functioning human beings in a community of happy healthy families, UK property prices need to crash by over 50% now depending on how far mortgages rates rise.

UK needs to get real and get away from this boom bust cycle, Fred Harrison has always been spot on. Miss Prudence turned out to be Fraulein Prudence, UK needs to model itself on Germany.

What I did note is the developers and MD's of firms I know saying, "but this is great, it's our window of opportunity to get out". The boys see this for what it is and intend to use this new false boom to finish developments whilst others will use it to sell their companies.

This house is 950K in London which is the greatest bubble of all, it must be close to the peak bubble!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42016234.html

Germans have the ability to plan ahead and are nationalistic when it comes to protecting companies from overseas buyouts and giving out public sector contracts.

We need "Nationalist capitalism" starting with keeping any gas from fracking to ourselves to bring energy prices right down which is the base to build a manufacturing industry, but as parasitic elites like the church and royal family are already claiming rights to it historic land rights this could never happen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/10575318/Land-Registry-receives-73000-land-rights-claims-minister-reveals.html

^^ @fffaaarrranngg . . .

£120Bn a year.

This house is 950K in London which is the greatest bubble of all, it must be close to the peak bubble!

Germans have the ability to plan ahead and are nationalistic when it comes to protecting companies from overseas buyouts and giving out public sector contracts.

We need "Nationalist capitalism" starting with keeping any gas from fracking to ourselves to bring energy prices right down which is the base to build a manufacturing industry, but as parasitic elites like the church and royal family are already claiming rights to it historic land rights this could never happen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/10575318/Land-Registry-receives-73000-land-rights-claims-minister-reveals.html

To be honest I gave up bothering about where it's all going in the UK quite a few years ago. I do a bit of work there now and again but more work is coming out of the Middle East these days and I've got the kids set up here.

UK's been in self-destruct mode for a long time now, nothing either of us can do about it.

^^ @fffaaarrranngg . . .

£120Bn a year.

That's in Highgate a prime part of London. A very nice area and not far from Hampstead Heath and Kenwood House. High part of London and some beautiful views. Not particularly expensive as house with garden and near some decent schools. A house in this area under 1 million? Almost a giveaway really. Just because it is out of your league doesn't make it a bubble.

That's in Highgate a prime part of London. A very nice area and not far from Hampstead Heath and Kenwood House. High part of London and some beautiful views. Not particularly expensive as house with garden and near some decent schools. A house in this area under 1 million? Almost a giveaway really. Just because it is out of your league doesn't make it a bubble.

Thats the thing i work in the oil industry and i earn 3-4 times the average wage, and i reckon at a push i could get 300,000 pounds worth of mortgage debt and this place is out of my league.

Even in stabsville parts of London its 400K for a reasonable 3 bed semi and someone earning 75K a year which is good wage in London that not many achieve wouldnt be enough to buy somewhere like this when interst rates rise

If you think the London property market isnt a bubble and is sustainable then clearly you are a scholar of OsGordon economics, quite clearly zero percent interest rates, QE and the fact property has at least quadrupled in London in 15 years whilst wages have risen closer to 30% ought to tell you something.

Thats the thing i work in the oil industry and i earn 3-4 times the average wage, and i reckon at a push i could get 300,000 pounds worth of mortgage debt and this place is out of my league.

Even in stabsville parts of London its 400K for a reasonable 3 bed semi and someone earning 75K a year which is good wage in London that not many achieve wouldnt be enough to buy somewhere like this when interst rates rise

If you think the London property market isnt a bubble and is sustainable then clearly you are a scholar of OsGordon economics, quite clearly zero percent interest rates, QE and the fact property has at least quadrupled in London in 15 years whilst wages have risen closer to 30% ought to tell you something.

I'm not sure how key workers like nurses and even GP's afford London rentals.

There's much nicer places to base yourself in the UK, much cheaper (but I agree, still in a bubble). I've worked in London a lot and to be honest it's horrible.

Edited by MJP

If uk prices dropped 50% and interest rates shot up don't be dreaming average families would be suddenly in affordable homes. More likely the cash rich would buy everything up and rent to the newly evicted once private owners. The families owning homes % would drop from today's 60%s, I think it is, closer to the 20-30%s. Victorian dimensions of an elite property owning class rather than the more fluid classes of today.

Don't think any low or middle income earners would be getting offered or even able to afford higher interest rates either.

To the poster who said about having 300k in deposit- why not buy something in Kent or Surrey or Sussex or wherever Home Counties , 300k will get u a decent house cash no loan and fast train to Central London can be just as quick as sitting on a bus or tube in rush hour from the many parts of London depending where your going- almost nobody gets to live right next door to work, maybe only the ciupper level city bankers.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If uk prices dropped 50% and interest rates shot up don't be dreaming average families would be suddenly in affordable homes. More likely the cash rich would buy everything up and rent to the newly evicted once private owners. The families owning homes % would drop from today's 60%s, I think it is, closer to the 20-30%s. Victorian dimensions of an elite property owning class rather than the more fluid classes of today. Don't think any low or middle income earners would be getting offered or even able to afford higher interest rates either. To the poster who said about having 300k in deposit- why not buy something in Kent or Surrey or Sussex or wherever Home Counties , 300k will get u a decent house cash no loan and fast train to Central London can be just as quick as sitting on a bus or tube in rush hour from the many parts of London depending where your going- almost nobody gets to live right next door to work, maybe only the ciupper level city bankers. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I utterly, utterly agree with this.

The UK is not like Germany when it comes to homes. People don't like renting, they like to own (or more realistically they like the bank to own them for 25-35 years). Huge tax on BTL, 2nd homes and of course stop the local councils massively overpaying BTL landlords for council tenants/emergency housing and no more foreign ownership . . . bit like here in Thailand.

If uk prices dropped 50% and interest rates shot up don't be dreaming average families would be suddenly in affordable homes. More likely the cash rich would buy everything up and rent to the newly evicted once private owners. The families owning homes % would drop from today's 60%s, I think it is, closer to the 20-30%s. Victorian dimensions of an elite property owning class rather than the more fluid classes of today. Don't think any low or middle income earners would be getting offered or even able to afford higher interest rates either. To the poster who said about having 300k in deposit- why not buy something in Kent or Surrey or Sussex or wherever Home Counties , 300k will get u a decent house cash no loan and fast train to Central London can be just as quick as sitting on a bus or tube in rush hour from the many parts of London depending where your going- almost nobody gets to live right next door to work, maybe only the ciupper level city bankers. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Factor in the travel costs and that Home Counties property gets more expensive. Having a pad in zone 1 has its compensations.

I'm not sure how key workers like nurses and even GP's afford London rentals.

There's much nicer places to base yourself in the UK, much cheaper (but I agree, still in a bubble). I've worked in London a lot and to be honest it's horrible.

Benny Hill was a Southampton lad, so you are excused.

^^Sorry SW, I've lived in Mile End on one job and down the Romford Road, Forest Gate when I was on the Olympic Park job. Got another big one in Stratford coming up and I dread London. Even the posh bits.

Also lived in South Essex for years . . . Grays! and Stanford-le-noHope!

Not keen on the money is everything, everything moves at a million miles an hour non-life there. Where's the humanity?!

Simple country boy see. West Country and I really f'ing hate the South East. But it's okay for making a quid or two. I know the hypocrisy!

I'm sure even you might like a little 2-bed apartment in Shad Thames overlooking the river and Tower Bridge or even something in the City.

......enjoy nothing more in late summer than lunch from Borough Market sitting in the grounds of Southwark Cathedral and an evening at the BFI. A bit chilly in the winter months but the centre of the universe culture-wise.

Edited by SheungWan

The difference between now and the Victorian age is the masses have the vote. And the age range of those priced out is rising (im saying up to those in their 40s) which will be a huge block vote to the Labour party or whoever else should they decide to do something about it. Buy to let landlords are seen as being as bad for society as drug dealers and paedophiles.

I said i could get 300K in debt from the bank which would buy sweet FA in London to emphasise the point about it being a bubble, but i wouldnt live in London if i was given that house rent free. Ive been to some real shytholes around the world in my life like Saudi, Kazakhstan and Manchester but they all are more endearing then London.

I'm out of England tomorrow i can bide my time or spend my hard earned elsewhere as England doesnt seem to want my kind here.

Wow ; BTL landlords in same category as pedos! Amazing faaarrrrrrng

Need to get your head checked.

Even the average drug dealer isn't anything like as bad as a pedo.

The difference between now and the Victorian age is the masses have the vote. And the age range of those priced out is rising (im saying up to those in their 40s) which will be a huge block vote to the Labour party or whoever else should they decide to do something about it. Buy to let landlords are seen as being as bad for society as drug dealers and paedophiles.

I said i could get 300K in debt from the bank which would buy sweet FA in London to emphasise the point about it being a bubble, but i wouldnt live in London if i was given that house rent free. Ive been to some real shytholes around the world in my life like Saudi, Kazakhstan and Manchester but they all are more endearing then London.

I'm out of England tomorrow i can bide my time or spend my hard earned elsewhere as England doesnt seem to want my kind here.

Some people live in a world of resentment and chips on shoulder. Actually it is quite easy to buy even a house in London for 300k, if you know your areas and are prepared to look in some of the outer boroughs. Getting hung up on prices in the uber prime districts gets you nowhere.

You can't afford Highgate , so OK and you don't have to choose stabsville (wherever that is). There are plenty of alternatives and there is always the option of renting out a couple of rooms if you find a place you like but are coming up short. Jeez, you want to be one of those guys moaning and groaning in a bar about the inequities of the world for the rest of your life? Or do something about it and consider viable opportunities of which there are many?

Wow ; BTL landlords in same category as pedos! Amazing faaarrrrrrng Need to get your head checked. Even the average drug dealer isn't anything like as bad as a pedo. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

maybe he is confusing property owners with banksters, ( according to the infamous Artist Taxi Driver) giggle.gif

Wow ; BTL landlords in same category as pedos! Amazing faaarrrrrrng Need to get your head checked. Even the average drug dealer isn't anything like as bad as a pedo. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It was an analogy, constant insults from you young boy/

But it seems i got the B2L landlords out the woodwork, or buy with mummy and daddys money as you have previously told us.

Edited by ffaarraanngg

You can't afford Highgate , so OK and you don't have to choose stabsville (wherever that is). There are plenty of alternatives and there is always the option of renting out a couple of rooms if you find a place you like but are coming up short. Jeez, you want to be one of those guys moaning and groaning in a bar about the inequities of the world for the rest of your life? Or do something about it and consider viable opportunities of which there are many?

Im not moaning in a bar i am saying there is a bubble in London property prices on a topic about the world finances being screwed.

I leave England today i do not want to buy in friggnin London or anywhere.

And dont tell me what to do with my life i am off to earn 50 pounds an hour (tax free), probably more then your intelligence has ever enabled you to, but i do think you should read books on economics or stop posting all together if you deny there is a bubble or produce some facts.

Your chum MCCW was wanting all debt to be wiped off recently, it seems neither of you are the brightest stars in the sky.

But it seems i got the B2L landlords out the woodwork, or buy with mummy and daddys money as you have previously told us.

You've already humiliated yourself enough. I don't need to say any thing more

^ Your not giving any reasons for Your chat;- just moaning and groaning about X Y houses or areas being soooo expensive and how unfair it all is. Waaaaaaa Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So when i stated that house price quadrupling or more in 15 years when wages have risen by around 35% and the need for QE, Help to buy, Funding for lending, I was just having a moan that i made up.

And socialism that has enabled those not very bright to make masses of wealth at the expense of ordinary working people is unfair and you are damn right i will speak up against it if it affects the society that i live in.

You bought before the 2008 i believe you have said (you may correct me) if it wasnt for state subsidies mentioned above you'd have lost the shirt off your back.

UNtil your kind are no longer getting bailed out this nation and those in the west on a similar path will continue their downward spiral.

Middle class socialists are the problem.

You've already humiliated yourself enough. I don't need to say any thing more

I thought you may have had the intelligence to realise when someone is exaggerating and is not writing in the literal sense, clearly i was wrong.

I apologise for upsetting a sensitive young man.

Im not moaning in a bar i am saying there is a bubble in London property prices on a topic about the world finances being screwed.

And dont tell me what to do with my life i am off to earn 50 pounds an hour (tax free), probably more then your intelligence has ever enabled you to, but i do think you should read books on economics or stop posting all together if you deny there is a bubble or produce some facts.

Your chum MCCW was wanting all debt to be wiped off recently, it seems neither of you are the brightest stars in the sky.

I disagree with (he'll be choking on his cornflakes reading that he's my 'chum') MCCW on a lot of things but he has got his head screwed on when it comes to property. Yours appears to have become unscrewed. So it looks like you won't be popping around for tea any time soon to my London pad. Maybe Hong Kong then?

Edited by SheungWan

I disagree with (he'll be choking on his cornflakes reading that he's my 'chum') MCCW on a lot of things but he has got his head screwed on when it comes to property. Yours appears to have become unscrewed. So it looks like you won't be popping around for tea any time soon to my London pad. Maybe Hong Kong then?

This is my usual pad in London . . .

9691333300_2235a181c7_b.jpg

. . . get to live in various locations and free of council tax too!!! biggrin.png

xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.gBNm0PzB6t.webp

Edited by MJP

I am reminded of all those post-war pre-fabs (some of which are still there) around London suburbs and elsewhere.

Oh, it's not that nice.

It's delivered by hi-ab lorry and sometimes I even get to plumb the thing to a sewage tank or better yet . . . mains drainage! Sometimes. Couple this with 14 hours a day running horrifically stressful regeneration and hazardous waste remediation projects . . . .

Over twenty years living like that in Blighty.

Is it any wonder I now live the jungle?

Instead of that stupid HS2 railway that means you can go from London to Birmingham 20 minutes faster (when by such time most business will be done using fibre-optic mega speed broadband), why not have a national programme of house building?

I am reminded of all those post-war pre-fabs (some of which are still there) around London suburbs and elsewhere.

Oh, it's not that nice.

It's delivered by hi-ab lorry and sometimes I even get to plumb the thing to a sewage tank or better yet . . . mains drainage! Sometimes. Couple this with 14 hours a day running horrifically stressful regeneration and hazardous waste remediation projects . . . .

Over twenty years living like that in Blighty.

Is it any wonder I now live the jungle?

Instead of that stupid HS2 railway that means you can go from London to Birmingham 20 minutes faster (when by such time most business will be done using fibre-optic mega speed broadband), why not have a national programme of house building?

I agree on the house building over HS2; quite tricky politically where to put them all. Better trains to kent and regeneration down there building higher density well connected urban centers would be the way if I was in charge. Land etc would be cheapest of the Home Counties too and links to euro land and close to London etc.

As your in construction you probably know about all the environmental standards legislation / regulations, much handed down from Brussels, which makes new builds still very expensive. So people would still need loans and low interest rates to be able to afford them even with government support. Unless the government made most under a new government owned property developing company, which charged sensible rents, however still turning a decent profit which then helped build future developments. National capitalism as some else put it. Many ways it could think such gov run biz could of good for the nation, make money itself and then reduce the tax burden and there got boost people's money in pocket to spend and further stimulate the economy, win win win. Power, telecoms, trains, etc etc, problem is unions and idiotic voters would make it run by politics rather than sound business sense most likely which is why the Tories felt the need and still feel inclined to keep everything in private / stronger hands.