Yellow Tabien Bahn

Hi all,

I live near Chuam Phung a little town in korat province. I went to the local Amphur Office today, with girlfriend, her father and the local council chief from our village. Hoping to get the yellow book. Only to be told that as I am not married, it is not possible for me to obtain. I was under the impression that you did not have to be married to be able to get yellow book. Does anyone know the answer married or not?

I have looked in the Yellow Tabien Bahn Thread but could not find the answer.

Cheers jb1

Hi all,

I live near Chuam Phung a little town in korat province. I went to the local Amphur Office today, with girlfriend, her father and the local council chief from our village. Hoping to get the yellow book. Only to be told that as I am not married, it is not possible for me to obtain. I was under the impression that you did not have to be married to be able to get yellow book. Does anyone know the answer married or not?

I have looked in the Yellow Tabien Bahn Thread but could not find the answer.

Cheers jb1

I was told the same thing by the Land Office Head Man here in Kalasin for two years... After talking with several other Single Expats whom had obtained their Yellow Books I had my GF (of 7 years) talk with the Head Man and explain that I was going to bring up a Lawyer from Bangkok to obtain my book for me... It was amazing how fast he changed his story and then just said that he did not like giving them to Single Farangs because they just go away... Took 500 baht "Tea Money" which he told my GF not to tell me about, lots of paperwork, questions and about 3 weeks but now have it in hand...

I have since then spoken to Single Farang's in both Bangkok and Pattaya who are renting, no "long term GF" who had very little problem getting their Yellow Books... Most had to have their Landlords present to sign off on the documents...

Pianoman