Ais 3g Network

palander

Hi.

I think there aren't all too many phones that support AIS's version of 3G, i.e. 900 MHz. Most that i know only support 2,100 MHz, like the new one my boyfriend just got (even supports HSDPA with 7.2 Mb/s), a Samsung U900 Soul.

What i am curious - does AIS fall back to GSM for voice or do they run that over W-CDMA as well? As phones can do both, but i guess AIS uses the W-CDMA only for data and voice is GSM. I know only that on the farm where i stayed during x-mas (some 30 km outside Chiang Mai) AIS has no coverage regardless what system, D-TAC has lousy coverage and CAT rules the airwaves with CDMA :o Enough so that i got myself a genuine CAT CDMA phone and pre-paid SIM and can now enjoy relatively fast internet out there in the bush :D

Best regards.....

Thanh

:o

palander & thanah.

Since we don't have the head pounding a brick wall & we don't have the beating a dead horse emoticons - use the above.

mister 88 poster making a mountain out of a grain of sand.

Just keep pounding away with your rubbish theory.

:D

If you get brain cancer sue AIS.

A.I.S. don't have a 3G network so you don't have anything to worry about.

Maybe you should ring up AIS and confirm that. To save you the trouble, I was speaking to them 2 weeks ago and they were offering 3G - the problem is that in BKK its coverage was only in the Siam (BTS) area - so no use to me.

Are they selling sim cards or for data only ?

Just curious...

Not sure if I am answering your question, but : one needs a special simcard for the AIS 3G network, which also can be used to make phone calls.

Maybe you should ring up AIS and confirm that. To save you the trouble, I was speaking to them 2 weeks ago and they were offering 3G - the problem is that in BKK its coverage was only in the Siam (BTS) area - so no use to me.

Just curious...

errrrr not sure. I've got prepaid and wanted to work out why inbetween trips (6 weeks) I lost edge. While chatting I asked about 3G and they said they had it but then told me the limited coverage so I said edge was fine.

Just curious...

Not sure if I am answering your question, but : one needs a special simcard for the AIS 3G network, which also can be used to make phone calls.

Oops, my queation was not that clear, naturally you need the sim for data as well.

But your answer clears it. They offer both, voice and data over 3G with the same sim.