How The Night Life

FarangFatal

How are things crew. Sorry to ask only for the Phuket Pros but I would like an over view etc. Rate the crowdedness of Soi Bangla and you favorite Sub Soi!

I can say that hotel pricesa are down and they aer offering deals all over. My regular, no name mentioned, is doing a stay and pay deal before Songkran!

I hear that some bars a doing buy 2 beers and get 3????

Edited by soundman
Removed material contrary to Thai Visa forum rules and irellavant picture.

How are things crew. Sorry to ask only for the Phuket Pros but I would like an over view etc. Rate the crowdedness of Soi Bangla and you favorite Sub Soi!

I can say that hotel pricesa are down and they aer offering deals all over. My regular, no name mentioned, is doing a stay and pay deal before Songkran!

I hear that some bars a doing buy 2 beers and get 3????

Ill believe that when i see it. Never heard of a bar doing that before.

post-71198-1233086149_thumb.jpgYeah, I want to hear from people who have some overview or perspective from past experience. I don't want to here some newbie punters details about how patong is AAAAAAAAAAAAAmazing.... Phuket Pros, if there is a need to flame that verbiage... I hope you near a fuel tank as others would like to here a conusmate review not just rubbish!

post-71198-1233086149_thumb.jpg and have a nice night... BTW, see you all at Songkran.... Number 10 in a row on beach road for me.

Pattaya, Mai Ow Krap, Mahk Mahk!

I entere and leave the Kingdom on an OA visa so I do stay for long times often. Phuket Wan, as in a print media thingo noted above in the green banner!. I like Scuba, Fishing, Hiking, and day walking about the various parts of towns. I will park my car and walk about a few hours etc. Even a full walk around patong is very fun as to enjoy see the changes. Just think about hosw differnet Nanai road is over just the last 5 years. .

I have lots of friends whom depend on the tourist economy and in Patong that means night live....... Sans "Hong Nam chat/pottie mouth " anyone care to compare and contrast the night life level of farang visitors, please. But do limit it to those who have real overviews of Patong!

I have spent so much time in Patong over the years that I should have bought an apartment but I love my fav hotel etc. It's like I'm part of the family, it is a family owned hotel!

PATTAYA, not since '01 and probably not again.... mai suay!

i like to stay close to the night life but go out of Patong most every day!

YOu know you're home when you see this sign

post-71198-1233168390_thumb.jpg

I was only go to say that those LBs were never happy with his choice of lingerie...

Simon

:o:D That has to be the best answer I have seen in months. Instant classic.

I don't know who in his right mind would go near Beachroad let alone Bangla at Songkran. I was there one day last year and came close to punching an idiot. I evacuated to CM the next day and it was worse. (Yes, I am gullible because my friend said to come stay there with him. He thought it was funny, but walking around with chafing danglies cuz your boxers are soaked aint no fun. This year, I said no way I'll be there, I'm evacuating to Malaysia or Singapore and my other friend says, come stay in Isaan with his family. No one will soak me if I don't want it. I dunno if I should believe him as he is prone to practical jokes.)

All I know is that alot of bars started raising their prices before the holidays and it hasn't come down since. I used to be able to get a bottle of whiskey and all the coke, soda water and ice we needed for 1500b. It went up to 1700. It's nothing fancy that place, but it makes for a nice night out with the friends without my getting annoyed by hookers. We have another favourite outside spot close to a Karaoke joint (my friends are Thai and have that urge to sing when drinking) and we paid 2000 baht for the whiskey. They used to charge 1500b. It's that cheap JW Red Label stuff. I don't know the deal at Galaxy since I'm the one mooching the booze and when we hit the Isaan dance club a couple doors down we're allowed to bring our own bottle. I think it was like a couple hundred baht for all the mixes and ice but I don't pay when we go there.

I think he means low high season? You don't often get complaints from bar owners in high season, unless they are either doing something wrong (in deterring customers) or are in a bad location. One bad high season should be enough for the exodus of disillusioned bar-owning fortune seekers back to their home countries (minus their small bucket of money) that usually comes in low season.

Edited by Ping

a beer bar owner complaining about low low season,a rare occurence so things must be very bad

In case its escaped you attention jan and feb SHOULD be high season !! Many bars lose money in low season and hope that the surplus they make in high season covers it, so if they are not making money now it spells real hardship for the lose money phase after song gran.

I think we're going to see a lot of " bar for sale" ads in the near future.  I've already seen quite a few considering this is high season, so when post Songkran comes we're going to see a lot of bars shut and a lot more "great bar for sale business opportunity" ads.  

From what I have heard most landlords aren't willing to lower key money or rent at this point in time knowing ( probably not right this time) that a new group of straight off the plane wanna be bar owners will show up with their pockets stuffed full of cash.