Postman Arrested For Allegedly Stealing Credit Card

george

Postman arrested for allegedly stealing credit card

CHACHOENGSAO: -- A 32-year-old postman has been arrested for allegedly tearing a letter to steal another person's credit card and using it to buy goods in Chachoengsao, police said Tuesday.

Saravuth Noisrisong, wanted by an arrest warrant issued on September 2 2008, was apprehended on Monday in a private company in Nonthaburi's Pak Kred district, where he worked as a driver for the company's executive. Saravuth denied all charges and would only testify on court.

The arrest was according to a complaint filed by Patcharin Charoenwutthitham that someone had used her Bank of Ayudhya credit card to buy goods worth Bt78,682 in July 2007 though she hadn't received the card yet.

Police investigation found that Patcharin had asked the bank to send her card via post and Saravuth, who then worked as a postman delivering letters to people's homes, tore the bank's letter to get the card and information inside.

-- The Nation 2009-01-27

I wonder how HE got HER card activated so it worked. :D

Or do Thai banks not worry about such trivial security proceedures.

Saravuth Noisrisong, wanted by an arrest warrant issued on September 2 2008, was apprehended on Monday in a private company in Nonthaburi's Pak Kred district, where he worked as a driver for the company's executive. Saravuth denied all charges and would only testify on court.

The arrest was according to a complaint filed by Patcharin Charoenwutthitham that someone had used her Bank of Ayudhya credit card to buy goods worth Bt78,682 in July 2007 though she hadn't received the card yet.

I guess everyone has problems convincing the banks that it was not them using the card. :o

Interesting that the accused did not roll over to the cops. Got to be a rare event. :D

I have been receiving my credit card renewal from my bank abroad for the last 20 years or so. Normal mail.

The documents that comes along requires you, the card holder, to phone a toll free number to activate the card.

Questions asked, your mother's maiden name, her date of birth, your pet's name, etc, etc...

If Thai Banks do not have these security parameters then anyone handling the mail, could be your building Manager, then you might be at risk.

Registered mail is a safer way in dealing with Thai Banks or overseas mail, whatever the content.

The first guy caught in Thailand for credit card fraud............ 32,000 to go! Funny that it was nothing to do with a farang's card!!

If it involved a foreigner do you think anything would have been done? I have lost several pieces of mail coming to me from U.S.A. and have heard of numberous others who have experienced some form of MAIL THEFT. Someone told me ALL her mail has been opened before it is delivered to her.

Land wOUT Sanctions.

:o

The first guy caught in Thailand for credit card fraud............ 32,000 to go! Funny that it was nothing to do with a farang's card!!

If it involved a foreigner do you think anything would have been done? I have lost several pieces of mail coming to me from U.S.A. and have heard of numberous others who have experienced some form of MAIL THEFT. Someone told me ALL her mail has been opened before it is delivered to her.

Land wOUT Sanctions.

:o

My new secure login-device for internet banking (EU bank) arrived two weeks ago, each and every sub-piece of the package had been opened and inspected. I suppose they wanted to make it wasn't a bomb or contained drugs...but they could at least have put the device back in it's protective plastic bubble wrapping...