Pay Percentile?

Hello,

So I heard back from a position Im applying for and I was told they will pay 60~ percentile. What is that in baht and how do I look it up? I did some live searching but really was unable to put a dollar amount to the figure. I actually have never heard of this before, but I guess its all about learning new things. Anything would help, thank you.

Hi,

I would say they are trying to tell you that their pay is above the median of the respective pay market (which can in fact be any market (all types of Thai companies, or only foreign owned or in a specific sector or certain jobs), so as such it does not really teall anything.

They probably just want to assure you that their pay is up to standards, but as you do not know the standard (the median of which market?) it is very hard to tell whether you would be happy with this pay...

Advice: ask for concrete amount and start the negotiation...

Good luck,

Ketsara

"I heard back from a position Im applying for and I was told they will pay 60~ percentile. What is that in baht and how do I look it up?"

As the previous posted noted, your pay will be about 10% higher than the average. But, that's not what you need to know. You need to know how much you're going to make, and you should ask your prospective employer that. In an earlier post of yours, you mentioned that your gross pay would be 80,000THB, and you calculated your net pay to be 10,000THB. What's more important to you: knowing that you're paid at the 60th percentile, or that you'll be taking home 10,000THB/week (I'm assuming that the 80K figure was for a month, and the 10K number was for a week)?