Chinese New Year Pick-pocket

Tonycheston

Hi.

I thought it would never happen to me

Monday I went into Chinatown to enjoy the New Year celebrations. I arrived about 3:30 pm, only 10 minutes later my wallet had disappeared. I couldn't find any tourist police near but plenty of police men, non of who could speak English. It took me about 20 minutes to walk to the police station. There I was kept for about 40 minutes and in the end no report was made because, "I no speak English"

Money isn't the important thing, there wasn't much cash in there. However my driving license, and visa cards are very important to me. Without them I am pretty stuck. If anyone has found a black leather wallet with such documents. Keep the money but please return the cards and license,

A stab in the dark, I know, but it's worth a try.

The same thing happened to me several years ago. Fortunately, my girlfriend was with me and she could talk to the police. We were shuffled off to various police boxes and stations and eventually wound up at the Tourist Police headquarters on Rajdamnoern. From the time of the loss to our arrival at headquarters was probably an hour or an hour and a half.

They had me write a list of everything in the wallet, copied that list to an official form, and then typed the list! But they did call SCB credit card office so I could report the fact that the card was stolen.

I needed copies of the official report to replace various cards, including the keycard to my apartment building! I also used that report to replace a US drivers' license and a credit card.

Of course, noting came of all this. I was out the money and had to deal with the problems of missing cards for weeks.