Best Place For A Visa Run

Best place for a visa run.

my son has come to visit me from England on a 30 day walk in visa at the airport.

He has since indicated to me that he woulod like to stay for 3 months.

Only now he would need a visa fo the extra stay. we are in Bangkok area so pretty central for most places.

Any suggestions anyone with out doing the 15 day return thing at cambodia.

It really is a no brainer doing it on your own in Vientiane. Take a bus or train to Nong Khai, then a tuk-tuk to the bridge. Important things to remember:

its cheaper to use US dollars for a Laos Visa

and it takes two days to get a tourist visa, you can only submit an application in the morning and only pick up the visa the following afternoon.

Best place for a visa run.

my son has come to visit me from England on a 30 day walk in visa at the airport.

He has since indicated to me that he woulod like to stay for 3 months.

Only now he would need a visa fo the extra stay. we are in Bangkok area so pretty central for most places.

Any suggestions anyone with out doing the 15 day return thing at cambodia.

A tourist visa from Vientiane is the least expensive option. See the last few pages of this 36 page topic for info. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Vientiane-La...sa-t158561.html

A single entry tourist visa would give a 60 entry that can be extended for 30 days at immigration. If there is any chance he might want to stay longer I suggest he get a 2 entry visa the 1000 baht extra it costs could be well worth it if he changes his mind.