Worst Time Ever In Pattaya

SEAtramp

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent my R&R there in Pattaya Beach back in 1973 when I was stationed at Udorn RTAFB up north with the USAF...We had no bad times there. I have many slides and photos I took from that period..The water then was crystal clear out by the coral reefs, and the night clubs were numba nueng (1) We went back in 1996 to BKK, Udorn, and Nong Khai. It was sad to see all the air pollution in BKK..Very nice up towards Loas though...We loved it...Going back in 2006!

All prayers and donations going ouit to the Tsunami victims...God Bless You...

Sawadee, great forum!

Udornvet

I spent my R&R there in Pattaya Beach back in 1973 when I was stationed at Udorn RTAFB up north with the USAF...We had no bad times there. I have many slides and photos I took from that period..The water then was crystal clear out by the coral reefs, and the night clubs were numba nueng (1) We went back in 1996 to BKK, Udorn, and Nong Khai. It was sad to see all the air pollution in BKK..Very nice up towards Loas though...We loved it...Going back in 2006!

All prayers and donations going ouit to the Tsunami victims...God Bless You...

Sawadee, great forum!

Udornvet

Your pics sound great,is there anyway you could post them for members to see?

dave, you really do not have any excuse for not having water in your toilets, if you can have dustbins full of water in your toilets then you get enough supply, you state you spent 15,000baht on tanks for your toilets, thats 2 *1,000 liter tanks in stainless, my house i store 1,500 lits of water, thats for 3 ppl... splash out dave and buy a couple more tanks before the water shortage in feb, if the worst comes to the worst you can always order a lorry of water, 6,000lit for about 200baht...

dave, you really do not have any excuse for not having water in your toilets, if you can have dustbins full of water in your toilets then you get enough supply, you state you spent 15,000baht on tanks for your toilets, thats 2 *1,000 liter tanks in stainless, my house i store 1,500 lits of water, thats for 3 ppl... splash out dave and buy a couple more tanks before the water shortage in feb, if the worst comes to the worst you can always order a lorry of water, 6,000lit for about 200baht...

one problem in that suggestion is where to put the tanks and the other is the fact that sometimes the water supply during the daytime does'nt fill the tank.

The lorry gets called quite alot, but as you can imagine there are alot of other bars near us who also need to use the lorries.

one problem in that suggestion is where to put the tanks and the other is the fact that sometimes the water supply during the daytime does'nt fill the tank.

The lorry gets called quite alot, but as you can imagine there are alot of other bars near us who also need to use the lorries.

dave u r making me ashamed of being english, i take it u have a roof made of concrete with lots of space and 2 small tanks aint taking up all that space, u also have rooms i assume upstairs and if the worst comes to the worst put some tanks in them, i have never had problems getting water lorries anywhere in pattaya for filling up swimming pools, ie they come within the hour and deliver water...

dave u r running a proffessional setup, pls try to keep it that way..

dave u r making me ashamed of being english, i take it u have a roof made of concrete with lots of space and 2 small tanks aint taking up all that space, u also have rooms i assume upstairs and if the worst comes to the worst put some tanks in them, i have never had problems getting water lorries anywhere in pattaya for filling up swimming pools, ie they come within the hour and deliver water...

dave u r running a proffessional setup, pls try to keep it that way..

There are no rooms above and as Kurgan says the roof is asbestos, there is one part that is a normal flat concrete roof and I've asked already if I could put a tank there and was told by the landlady NO. :D

2,3 or 4 tanks are'nt gonna do shit, Normally throughout the year (since the tanks been installed) we have'nt had a problem but in high season you tell me, What can I do?

The landlady does'nt give a toss!

How can I provide water for a bar that has over 200 customers in it every hour throughout the night when the supply does'nt back it up? I can't get a truck out after 8pm, nobody can. :o

Edited by davethailand

• 2 weeks later...
I don't see pattaya as being much quieter than last year.

Pattaya has got quieter for 3-4 years now. This year was quieter as in DEAD.

I'll second that. It is definitely not the place it was a few years ago. Everyone talks about the ' High season', but it never seems to arrive. And I live here! :o

Good I coming in feb :D

Cant stand the place when its full of Shaved headed Robbie williams wannabees,on busmans holidays whingeing about the price of bar fines this year and the lack of happy hours..

I don't see pattaya as being much quieter than last year.

Pattaya has got quieter for 3-4 years now. This year was quieter as in DEAD.

I'll second that. It is definitely not the place it was a few years ago. Everyone talks about the ' High season', but it never seems to arrive. And I live here! :o

Always enjoyed Pattaya for what it was. Sadly this trip i cut my trip short to the city & travelled elsewhere.

Never seen the bar scene as bad as this year. No real buzz about the place. I reckon i have been once to often. Definatley looking for somewhere new this year.

:o Sorry, but in that opinion you will be pretty alone.

It is true, that Pattaya has a downturn, but this started some years ago, and just this year is by far better than the last two have been. Couldn't agree more with Dave.

Unfortunately, some of the added life to Pattaya stems from the misery of other places like fighting in the south or the tsunami, as well as better weather conditions (no monsoon)

Of course, there are too many bars, too many Gogo's, too much of everything -

but then, it depends, how you run your business - and catering to the needs of the customers will always give you a decent living as opposed to the many "followers' who have no idea and just care about counting income - that is, if there is any!

Pattaya has it all, and whatever you are looking for : nightlife to the excess, quiet beaches, all possible international cooking, shopping (and partying) around the clock!

How can I provide water for a bar that has over 200 customers in it every hour throughout the night when the supply does'nt back it up? I can't get a truck out after 8pm, nobody can. :o

Kitten Club on Pattayaland 2 did last Saturday night at 10.00pm, I tripped over the hosepipe walking into the place and through the magic red curtain

Kitten Club on Pattayaland 2 did last Saturday night at 10.00pm, I tripped over the hosepipe walking into the place and through the magic red curtain

Yes but Kitten Club are on the main street, The only access points for a water truck for my place is Walking Street (no motors after 7pm) and Marine (the side of the club) noodle sellers and motorbikes no access :D

Pattaya has gone down in terms of excitement in the last four years but I blame the fact that bargirls have now got mobile phones and aren't interested in pleasing punters anymore.

Pls enlighten us with that statment ? Although back in about 1999 if you saw a bargirl with a mobile phone, you knew she had been pretty busy and probally had a few 'boyfriends' sending over money so she didn't have to work in the bar ? :o

hehe

some of the girls in my old bar in 01 used to have a competition running to see how many falangs they could sucker to buy them a phone.

I think the record was 6 phones in 10 days

:o

Pattaya has gone down in terms of excitement in the last four years but I blame the fact that bargirls have now got mobile phones and aren't interested in pleasing punters anymore.

Pls enlighten us with that statment ? Although back in about 1999 if you saw a bargirl with a mobile phone, you knew she had been pretty busy and probally had a few 'boyfriends' sending over money so she didn't have to work in the bar ? :D

Hi Guys.....Yes I can sympathise with the above statement...."What a switch off".... There is nothing that can diminish the excitement more than at the crucial point (with the most gorgeous bargirl of your dreams) when her mobile phone rings and you are left alone on your pillow while she makes amorous arrangements with one of her `other` boyfriends. :D:o

Hi Guys.....Yes I can sympathise with the above statement...."What a switch off".... There is nothing that can diminish the excitement more than at the crucial point (with the most gorgeous bargirl of your dreams) when her mobile phone rings and you are left alone on your pillow while she makes amorous arrangements with one of her `other` boyfriends. :D:o

Confiscate the phone before you get down to business. :D

Confiscate the phone before you get down to business. :D

You are a brave man Pablo :D

Hi Guys.....Yes I can sympathise with the above statement...."What a switch off".... There is nothing that can diminish the excitement more than at the crucial point (with the most gorgeous bargirl of your dreams) when her mobile phone rings and you are left alone on your pillow while she makes amorous arrangements with one of her `other` boyfriends. :D:D

That's when a nice bit o' rope or handcuffs come in handy.

So I'm told. :o

well i've been going to pattaya on and off for 15 years :D

i honestly cannot tell you if it was better then than now, except for closing hours, the only advantage was that if the gals didn't pan out, you could go for another one :D

i always thought that it was up to yourself to make fun, if you don't like the place move on the another one :D

there is so much to do there i don't understand how you can get bored :D

last night i left bangkok at 9p and at 11.30p i was in lucifer and within 30 minutes i had a 19yr spunk on my arm :D

i don't give a hoot about low/high season or the crowds, there is always something new out there for me :D

oh about the toilets, just give me a hole for a p]ss and for a quality crap i go to the nearest 5 star hotel :o

au revoir