New Members

Jockstar

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chavs = Britain's new ruling class.

Where in England are you from mate ? 

Probably Middlesbrough, thats why your so hostile towards us. 

By the way, why are we talking about chavs on here ???  :o

I'm from Middlesborough, and yes I don't like chavs...being proud of being a chav is kind of like walking around with a "I'm a stupid biggot" written on your tshirt...are you trying to be ironic?

being proud of being a chav is kind of like walking around with a "I'm a stupid biggot" written on your tshirt...are you trying to be ironic?

You know chavs are scapegoated on far too many occasions. We're blamed for the apparent increase in street violence when in fact it has dramatically decreased over the last few decades. The government just wants to appear tough on crime in the eyes of the public.

Standing with trousers down to your crutch and your hood on does not make you a member of a gang.

We are only doing what we have always done.

So never ever criminalise being young.

Simon Hallsworth

P.S 'Chav' IS a prejudiced word for the express purpose of describing guys/gals like yourself, if you've chosen to call yourself "SUPERchav' then your gonna get a bit of stick for that regardless

That is of course if you know what a chav is... :D

welcome chav

From here: http://www.oup.com/elt/global/products/oal...m_archive/chav/

chav /t{S}æv/ noun (BrE, slang) a young person, often without a high level of education, who follows a particular fashion: There are always loads of chavs hanging round the shopping centre.  * Chavs usually wear designer labels, and if they’re girls, very short skirts and stilettos. *  Chavs still see branded baseball caps as a status symbol and wear them at every opportunity.

Welcome chav :o

Chav, from Greek, means ' young or youngster '

So at some point, you've all been a chav before.

Don't deny  :o

From here: http://www.oup.com/elt/global/products/oal...m_archive/chav/ :

In Britain there are many words to describe people from this social group, and they are often limited to a particular town or region. Other words with a similar meaning to chav are townie, scally, ned and charver. The word chav has become common in southern England, and is generally thought to come from Chatham girls (Chatham is a town in Kent.) Some people think, however, that the word comes originally from the Romany word chavo (boy), which is also the origin of the Spanish word chaval.

being proud of being a chav is kind of like walking around with a "I'm a stupid biggot" written on your tshirt...are you trying to be ironic?

You know chavs are scapegoated on far too many occasions. We're blamed for the apparent increase in street violence when in fact it has dramatically decreased over the last few decades. The government just wants to appear tough on crime in the eyes of the public.

Standing with trousers down to your crutch and your hood on does not make you a member of a gang.

Simon Hallsworth

Was just wondering, as you are standing up for chavness, why is it that your name and your avatar contradict one another? :D:o

Hello All.

I am a newbie too. Just found the site and it looks great so far. I am living in Phuket. I have been here with my family for five years and it looks as if it will be for a good while longer yet.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hello All.

I am a newbie too.  Just found the site and it looks great so far.  I am living in Phuket.  I have been here with my family for five years and it looks as if it will be for a good while longer yet.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

5 years!!!! And you've only just found us? Whatcha been doing? :o Welcome aboard!

Simon Hallsworth

Was just wondering, as you are standing up for chavness, why is it that your name and your avatar contradict one another? :D:o

I think it's irony :D

Simon Hallsworth

I didn't think chavs understood the concept.

Simon Hallsworth

I didn't think chavs understood the concept.

I doubt that he understands much at all. He's a tad strange. His sudden and prolific posts suggest that he is well familiar with TV. A banned poster perhaps ?

Now I like my Henri Lloyd and as a rule my usual set of clobber would run into a few hundred nicker, however one would never refer to oneself as a chav.Also pre-chav what would of these so called chevs have called themselves?

Chavs are cheap football boys in my bookVery cheap indeeed.

I doubt that he understands much at all. He's a tad strange. His sudden and prolific posts suggest that he is well familiar with TV. A banned poster perhaps ?

Yes.......25 posts in 24 hrs says it all. :D

I doubt if he will last a week. :o

You are the genius Udon....he's obviously well familiar with TV, and without much doubt, a banned member. Who do you figure him to be ? 30 posts already, and all trite.

You are the genius Udon....he's obviously well familiar with TV, and without much doubt, a banned member. Who do you figure him to be ? 30 posts already, and all trite.

I can't work it out Pat? whats your guess, I sumised that it was an imposter over in bedlam but no one could hazard a guessw

I doubt if he will last a week. :D

I can't work it out Pat? whats your guess, I sumised that it was an imposter over in bedlam but no one could hazard a guessw

Not certain ... but he'll be battling to stay another day. A waste of bandwidth :o

he's obviously well familiar with TV, and without much doubt, a banned member.

OK I've been posting on quite a few forums and it seems to me banning members is a common thing on Thaivisa.

Believe it or not but my mate forwarded this forum to me last week and I thought it was just interesting.

Being a former banned member doesn't matter to me. And are you implying that Thaivisa is so good that everyone wants to remain here for good even if they've been banned.

If I'm banned from a forum, I won't ever rejoin it. Simple as that.

I keep seeing all these new members. Obviously due to the recent events. But many of these people havent posted at all. So i'm starting this thread so that they can. Come on newbies, say hello! Dont be scared we wont bite. Wolfie might though!

My very first post, greeting to all.

I found this site purely by accident after the Tsunami, to keep up with the situation in the Kingdom.

I'm Thai and born in Bangkok, but left the Kingdom a looooong time ago, when Nixon was still in the critical moment of Watergate! Since I left the Kingdom, and I have never been back. I also never kept up with what was going on in the Kingdom.

After visiting many Kingdom related websites, including Bangkok Post, The Nation, and ThaiVisa, I find myself learning about the Kingdom for the first time in many years. I found this forum to be not only entertaining, but quite educational.

From the forum I learned about information, from visa types to dual citizenship status, as well as foreigner's life in the Kingdom and their perspectives.

I'm planning to visit the Kingdom in the next few months, possibly to pave the way for my return. I may even return permanently for early retirement.

After my marriage, divorce, and raising kids (now grown up), it's time to move to the next chapter of my life and to perhaps even find a mia Thai or Farang, and enjoy a quiet life somewhere by the sea. :o

Being out of the Kingdom for so long, I must admit that I'm still having cold feet, so many "what if..." questions arise. And the one thing that concerns me the most is what if I found myself feeling trapped between two cultures? And/or too much free time on my hands. Well, that's something I will have to deal with when the time comes.

Glad I found this forum and will visit often.

he's obviously well familiar with TV, and without much doubt, a banned member.

OK I've been posting on quite a few forums and it seems to me banning members is a common thing on Thaivisa.

Believe it or not but my mate forwarded this forum to me last week and I thought it was just interesting.

Being a former banned member doesn't matter to me. And are you implying that Thaivisa is so good that everyone wants to remain here for good even if they've been banned.

If I'm banned from a forum, I won't ever rejoin it. Simple as that.

Try making a contribution or ask a question about visiting or living in Thailand, so far we've seen zilch except for you wittering on about yourself and some Richard Heads known as "Chavs" :D

If I'm banned from a forum, I won't ever rejoin it.  Simple as that.

GOOD ! :o

My very first post, greeting to all.

I found this site purely by accident after the Tsunami, to keep up with the situation in the Kingdom.

I'm Thai and born in Bangkok, but left the Kingdom a looooong time ago, when Nixon was still in the critical moment of Watergate! Since I left the Kingdom, and I have never been back. I also never kept up with what was going on in the Kingdom.

Glad I found this forum and will visit often.

Welcome 'home' C. Your country is amazing (despite what you may read here from some who've brought their personal baggage and need to blame it on anyone else;) Would be good to hear your repatriated views in future posts.

Cheers!

D

Oops, try not to screw up quotes as i've apparently done :D

Fixed - RDN :o

Edited by RDN