I have been in Centre Condo for 2 years but I would like to move to

Jomtien. Are there any nice apartment complexes I can look at other

than these hideous View Talay buildings which I would never in a million

years rent let alone buy ? Jomtien Complex was ok in the past

but now even that has lost its views and I would assume the construction

noise is still ongoing.

Are there any smaller but decent quality apartment buildings

I should consider ?

Majestic Condominium ,Soi Wat Boon .Low rise and cheap as chips .

thanks Thaifan - looks interesting

Ha !,that was slightly tongue in cheek as the Majestic may be perfectly ok ,but looks a bit run down .Condos can be bought or rented cheap there though .

years rent let alone buy ? ...

Oh yes, the pot calling the kettle black.

If you like the Jomtien Complex area, you could have a look at the brand new development behind Jomtien Shining Star and the Jomtien Plaza Condotel. It was originally called Jomtien Plaza Condo Phase 2, but I'm not sure what it's called nowadays. It's low rise, maybe 6 stories, and has a small swimming pool. Good location as long as they never get around to building Ocean 1 (chance of that - zero?). Many empty units. They are asking too much to rent them, IMHO, but in the current market I would be surprised if they weren't willing to negotiate in your favour. Jomtien Shining Star is also a possibility, of course, but it's a somewhat older building. I'm assuming you know where all this is?

Jomtien Complex itself has been busier this high season than I have ever seen it. They are converting the old multi-storey car park into a shopping mall, though at a snail's pace. Originally it was supposed to include a Tops supermarket, but I haven't heard much about that for a while. The area is genuinely beginning to get its own momentum as a nightlife spot, I'm glad to say.

years rent let alone buy ? ...

Oh yes, the pot calling the kettle black.

I assume you are saying Centre Condo is also hideous ? :o

I agree BUT at least it has a convenient location - VT has nothing

going for it :D

If you like the Jomtien Complex area, you could have a look at the brand new development behind Jomtien Shining Star and the Jomtien Plaza Condotel. It was originally called Jomtien Plaza Condo Phase 2, but I'm not sure what it's called nowadays. It's low rise, maybe 6 stories, and has a small swimming pool. Good location as long as they never get around to building Ocean 1 (chance of that - zero?). Many empty units. They are asking too much to rent them, IMHO, but in the current market I would be surprised if they weren't willing to negotiate in your favour. Jomtien Shining Star is also a possibility, of course, but it's a somewhat older building. I'm assuming you know where all this is?

Jomtien Complex itself has been busier this high season than I have ever seen it. They are converting the old multi-storey car park into a shopping mall, though at a snail's pace. Originally it was supposed to include a Tops supermarket, but I haven't heard much about that for a while. The area is genuinely beginning to get its own momentum as a nightlife spot, I'm glad to say.

Hi Guderian

Yes I was thinking about this one also but I didnt know the name

Low rise condo's on Jomtien, mmm - The earlier mentioned Shining star unit near the corner, Suan Sawarn will be nice when it finishes behind Jomtien Park Villas, next to that is The Residence Jomtien. Further down is Jomtien Beach residence and then going up next to Majestic is Park lane. Nearly opposite Park lane is the cheapest (I think) beach mountain or something like that. Down near the end of Jomtien Logans Thailand have a low rise that is already finished but I have no idea what it is called and don't forget Suan Lalana which for those wanting a quiet spot on an established village is a great choice.

There are probably more out there but that is all I can think of off the top of my head. :o

Edited by oldhand

Check out Baan Suan Lalana off Chaiyapruk road. The condo buildings are five stories. The grounds are well kept and security is excellent. There are normally some units available for rent. Studios are 40 square meters and corner units are 60 square meters. I enjoyed living there.

Regarding location and convenience, many many people consider the inner Jomtien location to be very convenient indeed.

I agree with you - " inner Jomtien location is very convenient indeed "

that is why i looking to move there - but i just dont want to live in a

Soviet Style building :o

years rent let alone buy ? Jomtien Complex was ok in the past

but now even that has lost its views and I would assume the construction

noise is still ongoing.

Are there any smaller but decent quality apartment buildings

I should consider ?

Not exactly Jomtien, but Chateaudale/Thabali low rise behind Bruno's is a hidden gem.

Big swimming pool in lush garden, and away from all the noise, but still in the middle of everything..

Foreign management, all- foreigners commitee ,top-security..