Visa For Long Stay

I want to live in Udon Thani for de rest of my life .

I am 55 years old and i have every month a strike-pay from the Netherlands.

Can you tell me what kind of visa i can get ??

Is it necessary to have money on Thai bank and how much ???

I am alone ,no family ,no girlfriend ,no children ,no work .

Terminology is important in this area!!

Entry into Thailand, by a document issued in a foreign country is termed a VISA, obtained from a Thai consulate or embassy abroad.

Entry into Thailand without a VISA, permitted at the airport for thirty days, is with a document termed an ENTRY PERMIT.

As explained by immigration on their website, VISAS are the sole province of Consulates and Embassies, entities attached to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, while entry into Thailand, deportation and regulation of the length of your stay, including entry and re-entry permits, are the province of the Department of Immigration, a police agency.

There is no such thing as a RETIREMENT VISA.

There is a long stay classification for aliens termed "RETIRMENT" and the requirements to qualify for this classification is essentially a verified Thai bank account of 800,000 Baht and being at least 50 years old.

The easiest way to get a long stay retirement classification is to do it in Thailand at the 4th floor office of the main immigration building in Bangkok.

The difficulty in obtaining this classification abroad is the differing requirements from Consulate to Consulate and Embassy to Embassy. Sydney’s consulate told me in no uncertain terms that each Consul General had the right to interpret the regulations any way he wanted and in Sydney I needed a police clearance certificate from my home country, among many other things. Cambodia said forget it, don't even try.

The long stay retirement classification is based on a NON-IMMIGRANT O VISA and a change to this visa can be accomplished in Thailand at the 4th floor office providing you have entered Thailand with a VISA, including a tourist visa. However, not with an entry permit.

As explained by immigration on their website, visas are the sole province of Consulates and Embassies, entities attached to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, while entry into Thailand, deportation and regulation of the length of your stay is the province of the Department of Immigration, a police agency.

Thai immigrations “requirements list” is as follows”

Application for further stay to spend the remainder of life

in the Kingdom of Thailand

1. Immigration form 7 (Tor Mor 7)

2. Copy of passport

3. 4 cm. x 6 cm. photograph

4. 1,900 bath application fee

5. Financial Evidence:

- Bank account pass-book, bank statement

- Evidence showing reception of pension accompanied with Thai translation

certified by the embassy or consulate of the country paying the pension

- Evidence presenting other sources of income or evidence of money

transferred from overseas

6. In cases of having dependents (husband/wife, children), the applicant must

provide evidence indication their relationship. Evidence must be translated into

Thai and be certified by the embassy or consulate of the aliens.

7. Health Certificate for those who apply for further stay after Nov. 14,2002.

8. The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents, if

necessary.

Name Webmaster (203.156.96.*) [ Saturday 15 May 2004 เวลา 16:16 น ] Comment No: 1

To obtain your change of visa classification at the 4th floor office of the main immigration building you need to take with you a bank letter stating you have the required funds for retirement classification, ie. 800K Baht. The letter should include the date of the transfer of the funds into your account, the source institution of the funds and the country from which the funds came. The STANDARD BANK LETTER, one that merely states the amount on deposit on any given day is INSUFFICIENT for the change of status process, while it is fine for any annual extension thereafter. This was the case with ME, others may have got by with the standard letter?

There is an option to qualify for retirement financial status through pension verification, but that is a very difficult approach, requiring an Embassy verification of the pension. The difficulty is the individual immigration officer involved may choose to explore the stability of the source of your pension. Conceivably, the pension could be terminated or suspended for a number of reasons during the year and you would then be left penniless, if no other funds were available. Thus a combination of pension and savings account in Thailand is a better approach if you can manage that.

A health certificate is required obtainable from any emergency room of any hospital, clinic or the like. Exam may not even occur. 50 Baht or more is charged.

Initialed photocopies of all documents including every page of your passport is required.

No Embassy letter is required unless you are trying to qualify financial responsibility by a pension.

No police or criminal clearance document is required.

Dress very well, be extremely polite, try to keep your head at or below that of the officers involved, don't stand over them when they are seated as that is seen as very intimidating or threatening.

Most importantly, have a mental frame of mind that you will do ANYTHING required of you, including numerous trivial and unnecessary tasks when requested. Your mind set is that you are not going away, you are there to stay the course until the document sought is obtained.

Your first extension under your non-immigrant 0 (retirement) status will probably be for only 90 days. I was given two 90 day extensions and then an extension for the balance of the first year dated from when I entered the country.

Expect 30 days between the application and the approval, ie. two trips to immigration to allow for processing. After that, extensions can be obtained from any immigration office.

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to PM me.

In few words you need 800k in a bank deposit (here in Thailand if process done here) or embassy verified pension of 65k per month to obtain a long stay visa at an age over 50. I have no idea what a "strike-pay" is or if it would be accepted.

There are investment and business options and some live month to month using various types of short term stays but this is not a good lifetime plan.

I want to live in Udon Thani for de rest of my life .

I am 55 years old and i have every month a strike-pay from the Netherlands.

Can you tell me what kind of visa i can get ??

Is it necessary to have money on Thai bank and how much ???

I am alone ,no family ,no girlfriend ,no children ,no work .

thanks  :o

BS!

Troll!