Customization Questions

Cruzzer

Hi guys,

Been reading the forum for quite a while now and decided it was also time to start participate :o

I'm going to buy a Honda shadow 750 this weekend and already thinking about customizing it.

First 2 things I want to change are exhaust pipes and rear wheel/tire.

I would like to put a massive 240/80 rear tire but not sure if it can be adapted on a shadow.

Does anybody knows if it's possible and about how much work and money it would involve?

If you have any garage recommendation for that kind of work around Bangkok/Pattaya that would also be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

In Pattaya pop by Harley Bar and there will be lot of people knowing who is who in custom bikes in that area. I know of a few who can custom but better to talk with those guys and explain what you want to do, then they can send you in the right and most economic direction from there.

Cheers Bard

In Pattaya pop by Harley Bar and there will be lot of people knowing who is who in custom bikes in that area. I know of a few who can custom but better to talk with those guys and explain what you want to do, then they can send you in the right and most economic direction from there.

Cheers Bard

Thanks for the advice,

I live in Rayong and don't know Pattaya that well... so the name of that place is "Harley Bar"?

Do you know where it is in Pattaya?

If you go down Teppasit Road and then hit Right between the shophouses after the gokart track, follow the road a while until you see Harley bar on your right hand at Eden Hotel. Should you have problems get a motorbike taxi to ride in front of you. It's easy to find when you follow the road.

Cheers Bard

Nice choice of bike. I had the 400 for a couple of years,l loved it. There is a lot you can do with those customizing-wise and the parts aren't too hard to find. I ended up getting a few things like grips and pipes from the US. A place called Heavens Custom in bkk did some powdercoating for me. I've seen them at some of the bike weekends, so they might be in Pattaya 13th - 14th.

Edited by Netfan

Don't mean to hijack but on a realted topic - does anyone know who is doing custom paint in BKK? Want flames. Thanks

and what about custom, high quality paint in Pattaya? Wanna put Iron Maiden's Eddie and Helloween's pumpkins on CBR150. :o

if not Pattaya than BKK can fit also for me :

Thanks, Dmitry

and what about custom, high quality paint in Pattaya? Wanna put Iron Maiden's Eddie and Helloween's pumpkins on CBR150. :o

if not Pattaya than BKK can fit also for me :

Thanks, Dmitry

Not sure, but you could probably ask at one of the Customization shops in town. Hot Rod Pattaya, East Coast Choppers, or that one (forgot the name) that is a couple shops up from Wranglers in Duck Plaza.

If they don't do custom paint, I'll bet they know who does.

Wranglers could probably point you in the right direction as well.

HotRod Pattaya

East Coast Choppers

Wranglers

My turn. :D

I want to have a Softail fuel tank chromed (and other parts as well). I could wait for 12 days, 22 hours and 17 minutes until I'm home and ask my buddies, but I'm too impatient !

I'm thinking any chroming work probably has to go to Bangkok ?

If your outside both these areas then the 'CHOPPER MODIFY' shop in Petchaburi is excellent. its right next to the bus station downtown. its only a little shop house but the owner really knows his stuff. and the shadow flames he has on his show bike are very cool. and i dont really like choppers. but this one was lovely, ride able and gorgeous.

Allan

Hi folks, if you do a Google search you will come up with a bunch of people selling custom parts for Shadow.

Personally if I was to buy a wide wheel kit it would be from a shop that manufactures a lot of em. So they will be jig mounted before welding. Then when the parts are fitted the whole lot reassembled there will be no drive belt misalignment problems. The belts are pretty tolerant of being out of true but the more they are out the more they wear. Plus there's friction losses, leading to a loss of power.

• 1 month later...
In the Pattaya area check out VS Motorcycle shop web site is wwwvsmotorpattayacom they do some great work, and cheap.

yes vs motor on theprasit road is the place to go if you want to customise a jap bike ,,those other shops mentioned all deal with harley only ,hot rod ,east coast and wranglers ...call down to lek at vs hes a good friend of mine and member of warriors mc ...he will look after you.........they dont have a web site yet by the looks of it ........then there is jumeens speed shop too if you want to try him ...cheap and good work too ...hope this helps .here is a few examples of the work vs motor do ......check them out, vs motor will do the paint work and everything else

post-70166-1237560469_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1237560489_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1237560506_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1237560523_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1237560549_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1237560580_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1237560594_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1237560724_thumb.jpg

post-70166-1237560738_thumb.jpg

Edited by barrybike

Hi there,

the airbrush on my Harley was done by Hot Rod Pattaya (actually as the bike). These guys are doing a very good job in my opinion.

Greetings

Tom

really nice bike tom ,can you show more pictures of it ...i diddnt see this bike before...have you got it long....???? paint work looks top quality

really nice bike tom ,can you show more pictures of it ...i diddnt see this bike before...have you got it long....???? paint work looks top quality

i picked it up 2 weeks ago at Pattaya. But actually it is not finished right now. Some parts have to be changed but they are still on the way. So i hope can drive Pattaya next week to be finished the job. Sadly i have missed KhonKaen and Udon Bike Week but i think we should meet on any other ones (still looking for a calendar with dates).

Greetings

Tom

, , , ,

tom that bike is the business ..what size is back tyre 240-280..did hot rod do all the work ...?did you give them a doner bike first or did they do this for you from scratch ?

yes barrybike, hot rod did all the work. The back tyre is 250, fit up to 260. I bought a normal Softail at hot rod shop, then Khun Ed gave me a bunch of catalogs and after choosing which parts to order he started customizing(with parts in stock). He is doing everything great like the costumer is asking for, as i want the seat 'build in' and not attached on top for example.

Greetings

Tom

tom that bike is the business ..what size is back tyre 240-280..did hot rod do all the work ...?did you give them a doner bike first or did they do this for you from scratch ?

yes barrybike, hot rod did all the work. The back tyre is 250, fit up to 260. I bought a normal Softail at hot rod shop, then Khun Ed gave me a bunch of catalogs and after choosing which parts to order he started customizing(with parts in stock). He is doing everything great like the costumer is asking for, as i want the seat 'build in' and not attached on top for example.

Greetings

Tom

yes tom the seat built in with the stretch tank looks really good ...are they after moving to their new shop yet ?? barry

Edited by barrybike

yes tom the seat built in with the stretch tank looks really good ...are they after moving to their new shop yet ?? barry

hi barry, actually they still stay at the old address, but half of the shop is ragged due to roadwork.

hi tom you were saying the bike is not finished and you plan on changing more .......what else are you doing to the bike ???

hi barry, well the cables are changed against stainless steel ones, footpegs with builtin winkers for passenger(sometimes important - not the winker!), a Hypercharger from Küryakyn (+infinity streamliner), a digital Speedometer from motogadget and some small parts like screws and covers (chrome).

...and later maybe a open Belt Drive.

Greetings

Tom

hi tom you were saying the bike is not finished and you plan on changing more .......what else are you doing to the bike ???

hi barry, well the cables are changed against stainless steel ones, footpegs with builtin winkers for passenger(sometimes important - not the winker!), a Hypercharger from Küryakyn (+infinity streamliner), a digital Speedometer from motogadget and some small parts like screws and covers (chrome).

...and later maybe a open Belt Drive.

Greetings

Tom

do you use a stick on type suction pad if you want to carry a passenger then tom ? those open belt drive primaries are fairly expensive , but they look good alright ...how old is the softail by the way ? tom you bike looks similar to a one they did a few years ago called blue tattoo ...they are trying to sell that golden yellow bike for some time now,some nice engraveing on it...how much is the price down to now ? they were looking 2 million for it over 3 years ago,,,

Edited by barrybike

do you use a stick on type suction pad if you want to carry a passenger then tom ? those open belt drive primaries are fairly expensive , but they look good alright ...how old is the softail by the way ? tom you bike looks similar to a one they did a few years ago called blue tattoo ...they are trying to sell that golden yellow bike for some time now,some nice engraveing on it...how much is the price down to now ? they were looking 2 million for it over 3 years ago,,,

Hello Barry, yes i am going to use a removable pad than. Thats the problem, the open belt drive costs from 2500$ up and i dont know right now if there are problems with dirt and water appears. You are right, i have seen the blue tattoo also. This bike is more extrem customized with customframe as well, as i have kept the original one.

Do you know any activities in the bike scene in Thailand for this year?

Greetings

Tom

Hello Barry, yes i am going to use a removable pad than. Thats the problem, the open belt drive costs from 2500$ up and i dont know right now if there are problems with dirt and water appears. You are right, i have seen the blue tattoo also. This bike is more extrem customized with customframe as well, as i have kept the original one.

Do you know any activities in the bike scene in Thailand for this year?

Greetings

Tom

roi et bike week 4th april ....phuket bike week 9th april.....hat yai bike week 7 th june....1 st national h.o.g rally khao yai national park 2nd december ....hua hin bike week 11 th december ...bang saen bike week on around november ....buy ride thailand magazine tom and it has most dates in it sometimes..but if you live in pattaya area keep in contact with some local clubs they will have the know of whats going on ....if you are going to use the bike in all weathers i wouldnt bother with the open primary //more for show than go...i wouldnt like rain getting in around it.......barry

Edited by barrybike

roi et bike week 4th april ....phuket bike week 9th april.....hat yai bike week 7 th june....1 st national h.o.g rally khao yai national park 2nd december ....hua hin bike week 11 th december ...bang saen bike week on around november ....buy ride thailand magazine tom and it has most dates in it sometimes..but if you live in pattaya area keep in contact with some local clubs they will have the know of whats going on ....if you are going to use the bike in all weathers i wouldnt bother with the open primary //more for show than go...i wouldnt like rain getting in around it.......barry

thank you for the information i am going to get ride thailand. i am actually located more from Udon, Khon Kaen Area :o

thank you for the information i am going to get ride thailand. i am actually located more from Udon, Khon Kaen Area :o

no problem tom ...any time your looking for info ...be glad to help you out cheers barry